• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Marotta read your posts on Italy :p.
I do apologise for my negative Italy posts. I didn't mean to offend, guess I got a little carried away with my point if view.

I'm fine with RVP leaving if that's what the player wants but only for the right price and 10-15mil seems like half of what I would expecting so I would be unhappy if we accepted that.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm fine with RVP leaving if that's what the player wants but only for the right price and 10-15mil seems like half of what I would expecting so I would be unhappy if we accepted that.

I think his performances at the EUROs may dampen interest in him. He had an incredible season but when you take into account his age, injury record and the way his performances have dropped off for the past few months, there are probably better strikers out there for the money that Arsenal would want. Only one of the moneybags clubs would be willing to go over £20m, I think.

Lightning

Banned
I think his performances at the EUROs may dampen interest in him. He had an incredible season but when you take into account his age, injury record and the way his performances have dropped off for the past few months, there are probably better strikers out there for the money that Arsenal would want. Only one of the moneybags clubs would be willing to go over £20m, I think.
Yeah I agree. The problem I see is that arsenal are not going to offer RVP the contract that he wants. RVP wants 4-5yr contract from what I've read but arsenal only want to offer a maximum of 3yrs which RVP doesn't like. I understand RVP not wanting a 3yr contract because he only has 2 maybe 3 at best top years left so it's very risky to sign an arsenal deal from both a financial perspective and a success one. Arsenal would drop RVP like a rock in 2 yrs if they felt his time was up so he really needs to be sure on this one but he will have this issue no matter which club he joins.

GorillaJu

Liverpool hijack Chelsea bid

Chelsea, 11:27, July 1, 2012

Liverpool are reported to have pipped Chelsea to the signing of Fiorentina striker Stevan Jovetic after agreeing a £22m fee.

Chelsea appeared to be in the box seat to land the 22-year-old as Roberto Di Matteo looks to sign a top quality striker this summer but reports coming from Italy claim Liverpool have nipped in to agree a deal.
Fiorentina are willing to let the striker go at the right price and while Chelsea have been haggling over the fee, Liverpool have come in and matched the valuation straight away.
It was thought that Fiorentina would hold out for £25million but it looks as though they have accepted slightly less and the player could be heading to Anfield.
Chelsea will still have a chance to match that offer and then it will be down to the player to decide where he will be playing his football next season.

Here are some betting tips from Betfair's tipsters:

Now this just needs to get picked up by a bigger paper and we've seen the birth and growth of a beautiful baby twitter bullshit rumor. It's already been linked to on Liverpool's official website - can't wait to see it pop up on the Fail, Mirror, etc.

Salazar

Now this just needs to get picked up by a bigger paper and we've seen the birth and growth of a beautiful baby twitter bullshit rumor. It's already been linked to on Liverpool's official website - can't wait to see it pop up on the Fail, Mirror, etc.

You're playing with some out of control forces, morsel. Lots of money. Dangerous people.

Ushojax

someone knows where I can buy a steam key of the game for a cheap price?

cyG0n.gif

Hixx

Cuellar is better than Titus and Killa so on a free its a decent signing. Still, hope it's the first of many...

GorillaJu

Ed Malyon ‏@eaamalyon

There are squeaks that Nathaniel Clyne might end up signing for Villa to get first-team football. Believes United will sign another RB #MUFC

Never even heard of this deal happening.

Iniesta named player of the tournament.

/worship

Garjon

Don't think it is. I think he means Steam, Gamersgate, Amazon DD...? He's just asking for a bargain.

If that's the case then Green Man Gaming is usually a good place to look. But if he's after a key itself from eBay or something then I would advise against it. They are unreliable and most of the time they are disabled by Valve as soon as you use it.

Hah, beaten!

fuenf

BIlD is reporting that Bayern has fired Nerlinger and will sign Sammer as their new director of football.

Not sure if i like..

GorillaJu

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague

Modric possible move to Madrid goes cold. Sahin doesnt want to go to Spurs in exchange. Spurs dont wann sell to PL teams. D

this, and in fact greenmanggaming has a good price in this moment

What game are you even looking for that you're asking in this thread? Football Manager? Fifa?

Labadal

I know the Jovetic rumors should be taken with a grain of salt, but I have always liked to see him at Liverpool. Doubt we have any chance to get him.

GorillaJu

I know the Jovetic rumors should be taken with a grain of salt, but I have always liked to see him at Liverpool. Doubt we have any chance to get him.

There isn't a club in the PL who wouldn't be improved by Jovetic - which is exactly why we'd never get him. Even if we got into negotiations, the likes of Chelsea, City and (if they're feeling mean) United would never let the transfer go through.

Hello! I'm new here, please be nice! I'm italian :( and I'm a Juve fan :)

We have reached our limit of Juve fans, you can join the queue though and Yurt will notify you when the next Juvecide happens.

Ushojax

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague

Modric possible move to Madrid goes cold. Sahin doesnt want to go to Spurs in exchange. Spurs dont wann sell to PL teams. D

This bloke is always talking bollocks but I still think there's a decent chance Modric stays. Transfer request or not, if no-one offers the cash for him he's not going anywhere.

Gambit

tbh i dont think Nerlinger did much if anything wrong. Maybe a repercussion of the failed Reus transfer?

I thought Nerlinger did an OK job, but I feel Sammer is simply better. He has more character.

Also he said this:

Ich bin lieber ein unsympathischer Sieger als ein ­sympathischer Verlierer.

which makes me happy.

(I'd rather be dislikable winner than a beloved loser)

Hixx

Derby's away kit is seriously one of the worst I've ever seen

0,,10270~10999378,00.jpg

I'd be gutted if I had to wear that every other week.

Choc

Banned
Player hits other player in football match

Player sent off for hitting

Other player who got hit tells the cops

Cops get involved and want to charge other player with assault

Do you agree with this?

I think the cops should stay out of it. Of course you don't want crazy arse fights on the field, but sport is sport. There is always the risk someone is going to go mental.

elkayes

according to bild bayern fired nerlinger and installed sammer instead...

Good. Bayerns transfer policy needs improvment. Petersen? Mandzukic? Pizzaro?
Btw, how much could you get for robben at the moment? Not that they´re goign to sell him.It´s just that they should.

IjlDK.jpg

kMKaW.jpg

Black&yellow for life, no matter what.
Ughhhh, this is disgusting. Hope he'll destroy Bayern from within.

-----------
Goodbye, sweet prince (elsk) :(

/edit
Good. Bayerns transfer policy needs improvment. Petersen? Mandzukic? Pizzaro?
Btw, how much could you get for robben at the moment? Not that they´re goign to sell him.It´s just that they should.

Oh, hi elsk :D

near

Gold Member
Hmm wonder if there is substance to this Arab investment reports at White Heart Lane. I heard Bale is on £150k pw now, could this be true!?

Ushojax

Record-shattering sulk coming up, tho.

Eh, first two games aside, you wouldn't have known he was sulking last season. It's not like he's staying at Wolves or something, Spurs are 4th. If we get some good players in ASAP he might not get too pissy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom