• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Liking your S3? Lemme know what apps you got on it so far. I'm still behind in optimizing this thing.

I didn't receive a shipping notification from the seller (Ebay) so I doubt I'll get it tomorrow. :(

There's an Android App thread on GAF with some really cool/nifty apps.

Slizz

I didn't receive a shipping notification from the seller (Ebay) so I doubt I'll get it tomorrow. :(

There's an Android App thread on GAF with some really cool/nifty apps.

I scoured through the first page and picked up some good ones. Debating whether to just root the damn thing already... Feel like I should give the stock a shot though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'd love nothing more than to see Borini with Liverpool, Roma can fuck off.

They spent almost 10m on him though, so expect to pay way more than that.

Wes

venison crêpe
I hope Wallander is a true representation of Sweden in that everyone is handsome and speaks various English dialects.

Linius

I scoured through the first page and picked up some good ones. Debating whether to just root the damn thing already... Feel like I should give the stock a shot though.

I'm getting used to ICS on my phone now. Noticing some new symbols and some new functions like an data watcher. But besides that I don't really know what's all new about it and stuff.

PaulLFC

More on Borini:

BBC said:
Roma forward Fabio Borini is expected to become Brendan Rodgers' first signing as Liverpool manager.

The 21-year-old Italy international worked with Rodgers at the Chelsea academy and on loan at Swansea.

Talks between the parties are ongoing and although the deal has yet to be agreed, the potential fee is likely to be in the region of £8m.

On Monday Rodgers had stated that he was close to making an "exciting" signing.

"We hope to complete a deal this week which will be a real exciting one for the club," he said.

"He will be terrific, I'm sure. And the supporters will absolutely love him.

"Going forward hopefully we can bring maybe two or three more and then with the group of players that I already have it'll bode really well for us and provide us hopefully with that strength in the group to challenge in every competition," he added.

Rodgers has admired Borini since the Italian scored scored six goals in just nine Championship appearances while with Swansea towards the end of the 2010-11 season.

One player who chose not to move to Anfield was new Tottenham midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson.

But Rodgers admitted that it was his reluctance to up Liverpool's financial package to match a more lucrative deal being offered by Spurs that meant the player moved elsewhere.

"We didn't lose out because of not wanting to spend the money [on wages]," he added.
"We lost out because the manager wasn't prepared to move on it. There's no doubt there'll be other targets and other people that we need to look to bring in.

"But we won't lose out on wages. If we feel there's a player out there in the market whose value and worth can add value to what we're doing here then we'll do everything we can to bring them in."

However, Rodgers did admit he does not possess endless transfer funds.

"We don't have a wheelbarrow load of money, there is not the money flying about people think there is," he added. "There certainly won't be as many signings as is being labelled out there.

"We want to work with the great players we have here and make three or four tweaks in relation to the squad that can help the group. We want to be competitive in every game and challenging at the top end."
Good to see that (if true) not singing Gylfi was Rodgers' decision and not the board's.

Excited to see how Borini would do if we can manage to sign him.

Fady K

I just wanted to share with you all a snack I absolutely adore. Couldn't get them in the UAE these days so I order countless tubes from England :p

Rowntrees%20Fruit%20Gums-500x500.jpg
3080264177_ba6443ea3b.jpg

Dat gloomy sky.

Poor Park :(

Ji Sung Queen's Park.

BTW Kyoufu, do you like the Tales games? Tales of Xillia to be localized <3!!! (Old news I know :p)

WriterGK

LOLOLOLOLOL, never thought I'd fine someone similar on GAF of all places :p The question is, does he LOVE both like I do :p?

2 is like, my all time favorite game. No kidding. I haven't started 3 yet but it's always nice to hear that the final third is great :)

Depends on how much you love both. I was a bit down(just for a day) after Chelsea beated Barcelona in the Champions League last season. But on the other hand at least with Spain I find it less fun to actually watch them. The match against Portugal I walked out on after 61 minutes because I thought it was really boring. But Barcelona plays a lot more fun than Spain. But Spain just left the best for last the final against Italy was fun to watch and really impressive.

As comes to Chelsea I am sad that Drogba is leaving but I completely understand why. The only thing missing for him was winning the Champions League and now he has acomplished that. And as for Barca as I told Football Fan earlier I went to visit matches of them twice. We even have photo's of my younger brother, my cousin and me with Frank de Boer, Ronald de Boer and Boudewijn zenden.

I really enjoyed Uncharted 2. The story was great but I just loved playing it online. But I haven't yet bought Uncharted 3 . I have a pile of games I still want to play/finish. Deus Ex Human Revolutions on ps3 just like Fallout: New Vegas. And on occasion I am playing Pokemon White on my DS but I only have like 3 badges so far. And I also am playing my first Mass Effect 1 on the PC playthrough. That game is so good. But I mostly played Football Manager 2012. I hope Barca will sign me one day but I renewed my contract at Valencia today till 2018 it was ending summer 2015 and its now almost april 2014.

Mastadon

Banned
Very excited if we manage to get Borini. I was gutted when it seemed that deal was off.

Watching Mad Men really makes me want to take up smoking again =/

PaulLFC

Just wait until you get a tablet.
True.

When I was debating whether to get an iPad or not I couldn't really think of many things I'd actually use it for regularly, but I just wanted one. Ended up buying it and I hardly put it down, so many great apps, especially the iPad magazines. It's like a giant Kindle as well although I think reading would be slightly better on the actual Kindle.

Linius

Very excited if we manage to get Borini. I was gutted when it seemed that deal was off.

Watching Mad Men really makes me want to take up smoking again =/
Drinking whiskey every time of the day now as well?

True.

When I was debating whether to get an iPad or not I couldn't really think of many things I'd actually use it for regularly, but I just wanted one. Ended up buying it and I hardly put it down, so many great apps, especially the iPad magazines. It's like a giant Kindle as well although I think reading would be slightly better on the actual Kindle.

And tablets are great indeed. I have a Galaxy Tab, love it.

True.

After the initial period wore off, and I started using my laptop again, I've still found myself using my iPad more. Also, being a man who owns a kindle, I've begun reading more and more on my iPad. The iPad has a distinct advantage of offering multiple eReaders. I just bought a novel through iBooks that isn't available on the Kindle Store. I still use my kindle when I'm outside and if I'm traveling by train (it's less cumbersome). Since getting an iPad, I've found my iPhone getting a lot less use as well.

GQman2121

Banned
True.

That's where I'm currently at right now. That screen on the new iPad is so beautiful too. Would be my first Apple product as well. Maybe this holiday will be the right time.

Fady K

Oh and for those of you Dragon's Dogma fans - the creator is strongly hinting at a sequel.

Depends on how much you love both. I was a bit down(just for a day) after Chelsea beated Barcelona in the Champions League last season. But on the other hand at least with Spain I find it less fun to actually watch them. The match against Portugal I walked out on after 61 minutes because I thought it was really boring. But Barcelona plays a lot more fun than Spain. But Spain just left the best for last the final against Italy was fun to watch and really impressive.

As comes to Chelsea I am sad that Drogba is leaving but I completely understand why. The only thing missing for him was winning the Champions League and now he has acomplished that. And as for Barca as I told Football Fan earlier I went to visit matches of them twice. We even have photo's of my younger brother, my cousin and me with Frank de Boer, Ronald de Boer and Boudewijn zenden.

I really enjoyed Uncharted 2. The story was great but I just loved playing it online. But I haven't yet bought Uncharted 3 . I have a pile of games I still want to play/finish. Deus Ex Human Revolutions on ps3 just like Fallout: New Vegas. And on occasion I am playing Pokemon White on my DS but I only have like 3 badges so far. And I also am playing my first Mass Effect 1 on the PC playthrough. That game is so good. But I mostly played Football Manager 2012. I hope Barca will sign me one day but I renewed my contract at Valencia today till 2018 it was ending summer 2015 and its now almost april 2014.

I agree with your Spain assessment; I adore the Spanish national team - but I did find them bordering on dull against Portugal, and especially against France. It was nice to see them end their campaign with a bang, it just sucked to see it happen at the expense of Italy as I highly respect the club and genuinely felt bad for their 4-0 loss. Watching Chelsea vs. Barcelona in the Champions League has been one of the weirdest experiences of my football-loving life :p I only was pissed at how Terry nearly broke the match with that rush of blood to his head!

I also feel the same about Drogba, sad to see a legend go but massively happy that he left at the PERFECT moment. He is now immortal at the club, no doubt. How long ago did you see Barca play live? Did you visit Camp Nou? I visited it for the first time earlier this year against Real Madrid (only to see them lose their first home game in AGES, *shake my head*) - it was so beautiful!! So you almost like both equally?

Like you, I have an insane backlog. It helps when you try to play the BEST games from your backlog first, as obvious as that sounds. I haven't beaten either Deus Ex: HR or Fallout 3 either - Deus Ex will be played real soon, God willing :D Is this your first time playing Mass Effect 1? The series is beautiful. Also, don't worry about your contract in Football Manager, Barca will find a way to poach you off of Valencia ;D

Messi

The reason for this?

tumblr_m19lxrZOIG1qijv3h.gif

Fady K

^^ AGREED. If Messi was a Spanish player - holy crap man!

Haven't played a Tales game since Destiny remake on PS2. I'll probably get Graces F and probably pass on Xillia. :\

Why pass on Xillia :0?? Graces F looks great. Though, as is the norm with most Japanese RPGs these days, the story supposedly sucks bum.

I can go to the shop right now and buy some, stuff of the gods.

MESSI. I KNEW WE HAD MORE IN COMMON <3

pappe

I also feel the same about Drogba, sad to see a legend go but massively happy that he left at the PERFECT moment. He is now immortal at the club, no doubt.

With his last ever kick for Chelsea he helped his team win the biggest club championship in the world. No better way to say goodbye.

GQman2121

Banned
Is Dead Island worth $15? How about Crysis 2 for $13? They're both on sale today and I might pick them up at those prices, even if I don't get a chance to play it for a few months.

So, my avatar is ready for Breaking Bad. So long for Silent Bob.

Good choice. One of two characters on the show that are worth a damn......

dc89

Is Dead Island worth $15? How about Crysis 2 for $13? They're both on sale today and I might pick them up at those prices, even if I don't get a chance to play it for a few months.

I'd say Crysis 2 is. What format?

It's good just for the graphics.

Messi

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA No, even if you hate the show you have to love Walt and Gus

Sleepy

I'm sick of this transfer saga and Arsenal. Chelsea, too. One doesn't spend money and the other throws it around like he's at a strip club and all the news from both camps is boring as fuck. Where's the spark, the player(s) to get fans excited? At this point I should just support Spurs, at least they seem to be ambitious.

Timurid

So apparently Jovetic's agent has held talks with Arsenal today in London. If this is true and the deal goes through. I'll be a very happy person. We get the perfect rvp replacement and we screw over juve during the process that would make the deal even sweeter.

Arnie

4th August - City Wolfsberg.

Another pre season friendly announced. City's preseason is pretty jam packed.

Saul's a great character.

Really, really, really happy about Borini. Was devastated when Roma bought him, he's such a talented player. Obviously it's not deal done but I do trust we're genuinely in for him, and if the BBC are putting up an article about it there's definitely something there.

Fady K

WASSUP HOMEBOY!

<3 <3 <3

With his last ever kick for Chelsea he helped his team win the biggest club championship in the world. No better way to say goodbye.

Agreed. He also scored the equalizer in the final game! BTW Pappe what club(s) are you fond of? Real Madrid?

Dead Island is good for multiplayer they say. Crysis 2 looks badass! Apparently the plot is silly but the "game" is great. For that price, you'll be happy I think!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
D8ARh.jpg

Mastadon, got a lighter?
4h4Tr.gif
4h4Tr.gif

Timurid said:
So apparently Jovetic's agent has held talks with Arsenal today in London. If this is true and the deal goes through. I'll be a very happy person. We get the perfect rvp replacement and we screw over juve during the process that would make the deal even sweeter.
It basically means RVP to Juve btw :p

Yen

About 100 pages from the end of GoT, still feeling rather "meh" about it.
Last thing I read was Tyrion and Shae "embracing" snd then trumpets sounding for battle.

No I ain't.

i75MhfkgjGUOz.jpg

i75MhfkgjGUOz.jpg

i75MhfkgjGUOz.jpg

i75MhfkgjGUOz.jpg

ahaha

The 50 Shades of Andy Gray twitter account (@50soandygray) is fucking brilliant.

""How will you do me?" she asks "Doggy? Missionary? Cowgirl?" She begs, craving his answer. He responds confidently, "The Makelele position"."

50ShadesOfAndyGray &#8207;@50SOAndyGray
Suddenly he stopped pounding her. Something was wrong. "Your condom" she said red faced "it came off in me." He grinned "pick that one out!"

just watched Sunshine again for the first time in ages. Goddamn. what a fantastic 2/3rds of a movie.

so good.

shame about the "twist" and the fact Boyle and co. decided to drive their own movie off a fucking cliff, but I'm still pretty excited to see what Danny Boyle has in store for the olympics.

Fantastic until the twist. Really don't like Boyle. 28 Days is alright, 28 Weeks is crap, 127 Hours is like a bad MTV video.

Tiote would be an utterly pointless signing. We already have Parker, Sandro and Livermore in that position.

Tiote is far better than all of them.
This was the only time in 12+ years that I have ever seen King lose his rag. Zokora and Chimbonda were going batshit as well.

What happened between King and EBJT?
"Rio Ferdinand &#8207;@rioferdy5
Film of the day: Liar Liar....starring Jim Carey. what a film!!"

Hmm.

Some of the quotes from this trial are great.

Defence to Ferdinand: I'd suggest this isn't the first time you've been called a c***?
John Terry: (paraphrased) I did call him it but it was exaggerated sarcasm

loooooool

Michael Fassbender to play the lead in the Assassin's Creed movie. HNNNGH

Fassbender is far too good for Assassin's Creed.

I'm in a genuine state of shock that this is a real place. What on Earth were they thinking?

bell ends

There's a town called Muff in Donegal, it has a diving school.

This needs a caption!

Robert Soldado and Kolbein Sigthorsson are a golden duo with my Valencia Football Manager 2012 save file. At half time I am leading 1-4 at Genoa in Europa League last 16 first match. Soldado scored a hattrick after only 39 minutes and he already has 34 goals in 40 matches before this match.

That's nothing compared to Vaclav Kadlec on Meier's FM save. Like, 200 goals in 200 games in 6 years, or something like that.
Roma forward Fabio Borini is expected to become Brendan Rodgers' first signing as Liverpool manager.

BBCSport

We need a poacher and a goalscorer, should be good.

Carbonox

"He belts her bits with his baton. She decides to slide her finger into his marmite mine. He stops. "You can't go in from behind like that!""

:lol omg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom