• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WriterGK

Robert Soldado and Kolbein Sigthorsson are a golden duo with my Valencia Football Manager 2012 save file. At half time I am leading 1-4 at Genoa in Europa League last 16 first match. Soldado scored a hattrick after only 39 minutes and he already has 34 goals in 40 matches before this match.

K1LLER7

I'm sure City would have tried going for Pep, but if they still intend do so at the end of next season and succeed, wouldn't they have to pay a larger fee to Mancini given he'll still have 3 years on his contract now?

Kyoufu

I'm sure City would have tried going for Pep, but if they still intend do so at the end of next season and succeed, wouldn't they have to pay a larger fee to Mancini given he'll still have 3 years on his contract now?

I don't think the Sheikhs care. They wipe their arse with millions of pounds every day.

WriterGK

FIFA won't have the balls to deny top clubs a place in Europe.

They'll shit all over the "smaller" clubs though.

Your absolutely right about that. If you look at allt the ''big'' topclubs in Europa Bayern Munich is the only with no debts. Chelsea, Barcelona, United etc on the other hand are millions or billions in debt.

Meier

I think he handled Tevez okay. He took a hardline stance publicly and backtracked, but Tevez paid the price.. literally. The team clearly needed him in the second half and the decision to allow him back obviously paid off.

I think he's a good manager and he has a proven record of winning titles. He hasn't had much luck in the CL clearly but he's brought City two more trophies in the past 2 years than the team had in 30-40 before that and he's being rewarded for it. I am a little surprised at the duration of the deal, but obviously the Russian Federation's 6 year offer meant they had to probably tack at least 1 more year on to retain him.

I'd imagine that if the team doesn't make waves in next year's CL, he'll probably be shown the door. This will be another tough year but hopefully a trophy or two on the domestic side of things will allow for a better group in 2013. The buyout fee won't deter the Chairman.

Salvadora

I don't think the Sheikhs care. They wipe their arse with millions of pounds every day.

Seems odd to offer a 5 year contract though, why not 3?

Your absolutely right about that. If you look at allt the ''big'' topclubs in Europa Bayern Munich is the only with no debts. Chelsea, Barcelona, United etc on the other hand are millions or billions in debt.
You are forgetting a certain London club.

Meier

Seems odd to offer a 5 year contract though, why not 3?

The Russian Federation was offering him a 6-year deal covering until after World Cup 2018 (which they'll host). If City continued to only offer only a 3 year extension/4 year deal, he probably would have left.

dc89

I can see the headlines now.

"City betray the manager who brings brings them first league title in 44 years."

You guys would be going mental surely, if City dumped Mancini after he's given City what they wanted. City are not Chelsea haha! Roman was obsessed with winning the CL. The Sheikh is obsessed with building a winning club and it's facilities.

5 years is a odd time period, but still, he's got the backing of the owner to fulfill this long term project!

Linius

They're going to annihilate us at the Sports Direct Arena...

I felt weird typing that out. :|

St. James Park will do.

And I think I'll try following the Spurs next season if I have the time. Never really had a favourite club in England but I'd like to see how Vertonghen is doing over there.

Salvadora

No offence but if you are serious... Fulham is not really a big european ''top club''. But Arsenal might be debt free, correct if I am wrong?

WriterGK, no one here is ever serious except for Lightning.
This. It was Arsenal I was referring too. We have been financially prudent much to the detriment of the club and it has threatened our status as a big club.
Edit: We are 98m in debt as of last year, probably due to the stadium. Paying 15m interest seems excessive, though.

NHale

They should have tried for Sahin but Wouldn't be surprised if they buy Moutinho now.

That's what they are saying here in Portugal right now. The rumor is that Moutinho already told FC Porto that he wants to go to the Spurs instead of Man United because of AVB connection and the hiring of Luis Martins (his coach at Portimonense and Sporting youth squads) sealed the deal.

However there is no agreement between the clubs. I feel this will last until August...

No offence but if you are serious... Fulham is not really a big european ''top club''. But Arsenal might be debt free, correct if I am wrong?

ihC0XDVSUMHaf.gif
ihC0XDVSUMHaf.gif
ihC0XDVSUMHaf.gif

Fulham have a Sheikh right?

WriterGK

I don't really see any need for United to sign Moutinho... since they already signed Kagawa. Javi Martinez would make an excellent adittion to United. He did play a lot for Bilbao as central defender but he really is a defensive midfielder.

Clegg

I don't really see any need for United to sign Moutinho... since they already signed Kagawa. Javi Martinez would make an excellent adittion to United. He did play a lot for Bilbao as central defender but he really is a defensive midfielder.

Kagawa isn't a CM.

And United don't appear to have any interest in Martinez.

GQman2121

Banned
Roma forward Fabio Borini is expected to become Brendan Rodgers' first signing as Liverpool manager.

BBCSport

Rodger's likes working with the guys he knows, doesn't he? I can't believe he only just turned 21 this year too. He and Stoch should have been our future.....

Would be a great signing for LFC. Better even than Sturridge.

Carbonox

In every game.

Every 3 minutes out of 6. The other 3 are spent having a crafty joint.

Now that we're in Europe I expect Lord Amoeboid to initiate EURO ASSASSINO again. It's been a long time since he scared European defences like he did in the Champion's League.

Kyoufu

Every 3 minutes out of 6. The other 3 are spent having a crafty joint.

Now that we're in Europe I expect Lord Amoeboid to initiate EURO ASSASSINO again. It's been a long time since he scared European defences like he did in the Champion's League.

He eats Barcelona for breakfast.

Fady K

I wouldn't mind having a permanent Footy-GAF mod. Kabouter seemed like a cool guy but he doesn't post here unfortunately. I nominate Fady.

If I was a mod then people will have to try so, so hard to get banned ;P The worst offender , if any, would get a good reminder. I'd never be a good leader as I'd be too kind to enforce order.

Pedro looking like a boss at Iniesta's wedding:

Sandro-Rosell-y-su-pareja-Vald_54322150351_54115221157_400_640.jpg

Thanks for sharing these Messi, wish we could have joined. Your current Olivia avatar is the best one yet IMO.

Fady made his back-up account already?

LOLOLOLOLOL, never thought I'd fine someone similar on GAF of all places :p The question is, does he LOVE both like I do :p?

Fady supports every club.

I bet he supports the club which plays on the field near me.

I bet I would man! Though when I'm neutral I tend to enjoy upsets! Wigan in particular gave me many enjoyable games in that regard lololololol.

Just finished Uncharted 3, fantastic game. Not quite as good as 2 but still very good. Had a better final third than the other two.

2 is like, my all time favorite game. No kidding. I haven't started 3 yet but it's always nice to hear that the final third is great :)

Fady K

Must see this guy break into the first team this season! Carling Cup regular at least! I watched him in the youth cup and he is exceptional!!

lucaspiazonchelsea_2793191.jpg

Meier

If I was a Chelsea fan, I'd be very curious to see how Nathan Ake turns out. Was a great signing for me this year in FM.

PaulLFC

Roma forward Fabio Borini is expected to become Brendan Rodgers' first signing as Liverpool manager.

BBCSport
I was thinking this signing Rodgers talked about could be him, I hope BBC are right. He also mentioned the possibility of another signing this week, although that was unsure.

I like the fact that although there's speculation, nothing has actually leaked out of the club yet like our dealings have been these last few years. Although it makes the transfer windows a horrible wait, it's the way it should be.

GQman2121

Banned
Hopefully he'll be given a chance. With our current mid field, he's really only one injury away from sliding right in.

Please be as good as old Kaka. Please be as good as old Kaka. Please be as good as old Kaka.

Fady K

Didn't notice anyone putting up the photo.

196574hp2.jpg

If I was a Chelsea fan, I'd be very curious to s see how Nathan Ake turns out. Was a great signing for me this year in FM.

He's great too! Recently signed a new deal I believe, he definitely got noticed!

Hopefully he'll be given a chance. With our current mid field, he's really only one injury away from sliding right in.

Please be as good as old Kaka. Please be as good as old Kaka. Please be as good as old Kaka.

I'm praying for the same man!! He does look like a younger, cooler, slimmer version of him at least :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom