• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

SkyBet have got mancini as the next PL manager to leave their post at 3/1.

MEH.

I'd imagine this is as much due to the fact that he's the only one who has any rumors swirling around him as is it to how likely it will be to happen.

Zabojnik

And Vucinic is his idol according to him
QuI6J.gif
QuI6J.gif

Yurt, you know that never-heard-of-him youngster, Pepic, we signed recently? You know who else his manager, well, manages? Yep ...

Linius

CHUCK SPOILER (SEASON 1)

That first Chuck and Sarah kiss was one of the most awkward TV kisses I've ever seen :p

Great show!

Meier

Season 1 and 2 were so good. It did tail off after that but I enjoyed the last season alot too.

Agreed. The first half of season 4 was pretty terrible but it got better towards the end and Season 5 was excellent. Never came close to season 2 though.. that season was utterly magical -- one of my top 5 seasons of TV ever.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Russian interest eh? Well played Mancini
4ODUf.gif
4ODUf.gif

Zabojnik said:
Why must our targets always play for our sworn enemies? :/ First Cavani, now Jovetic. JoJo leaving Fiorentina for Juve would be almost Baggio levels of betrayal. It doesn't help us.

He broke free from their shackles. It's destiny.

images

Oh wait, Enrico Preziosi. Thank god then.

WriterGK

Wow, I forgot about Sanchez as stupid as that may sound lol. SMH. He had a damn great first season and I am excited as hell to see more. Villa-Messi-Sanchez with Pedro, Tello/Cuenca, Afellay on the bench sounds good to me for forwards.

Thiago, Cesc, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Masch sounds a bit thin though. Definitely need reinforcements there imo(especially with cesc playing false9, masch in CB all the time and with Keita leaving).

Montoya and Adriano are good enough back-ups for RB/LB but lacking in the CB area with just Puyol(who is injured all the time), Pique(who is usually inconsistent without Puyol barking at him), Mascherano is fine.. so yeah at least 1 CB, maybe Fontas will step up but I don't think he is ready.

edit
Btw WriterGK who do you support ? Chelsea? Aston Villa?(just naming teams here lol)

Yeah I sort of support Chelsea indeed. But the thing is I also support Barcelona. Chelsea I have never seen live at Stamford Bridge. But my mother goes to Barcelona a lot for her work so in the past I ve seen 2 matches in Camp Nou. There was this one in 1999 when they still have al those dutch player(I am a dutch man myself) like Kluivert, Frank de Boer, Zenden and Ronald de Boer etc. They also had Luis Figo and he signed an autograph for us and they won 4-0 at home against Bilbao. And couple of years later when they were voting for there new president were Laporta promised to sign David Beckham they beat Malaga at home 2-1. When it comes to foreign clubs I really like a lot of football clubs but I love Barcelona and Chelsea the most.

But there are some clubs that I dont like. For instance Manchester United. I hate it how they get penalty kicks so easily in there advantage and how they most of the time win with 1-0 or score there goals in the 90 minute/injury time. Like that Champions League final they won against Bayern Munich. 2 goals from a corner in the injury time. If you ask me that is typical United style.

dc89

Where do you follow them? What's their Twitter?

Glad this was taken care of and finalized.. the stability is always beneficial.

@TheRealFbloke is one.

The other has Twitter but doesn't post. He posts on Bluemoon every now and then, goes by the handle of TolmiesHairDo. Pretty sure his Twitter is similar.

Yeah I sort of support Chelsea indeed. But the thing is I also support Barcelona. Chelsea I have never seen live at Stamford Bridge. But my mother goes to Barcelona a lot for her work so in the past I ve seen 2 matches in Camp Nou. There was this one in 1999 when they still have al those dutch player(I am a dutch man myself) like Kluivert, Frank de Boer, Zenden and Ronald de Boer etc. They also had Luis Figo and he signed an autograph for us and they won 4-0 at home against Bilbao. And couple of years later when they were voting for there new president were Laporta promised to sign David Beckham they beat Malaga at home 2-1. When it comes to foreign clubs I really like a lot of football clubs but I love Barcelona and Chelsea the most.

But there are some clubs that I dont like. For instance Manchester United. I hate it how they get penalty kicks so easily in there advantage and how they most of the time win with 1-0 or score there goals in the 90 minute/injury time. Like that Champions League final they won against Bayern Munich. 2 goals from a corner in the injury time. If you ask me that is typical United style.
Fady made his back-up account already?

Also,

manutdmunichST_450x300.jpg

Arnie

Just finished Uncharted 3, fantastic game. Not quite as good as 2 but still very good. Had a better final third than the other two.

Linius

So, lots of opinions on Chuck I see. I'll just watch it all, one can't stop in the middle of a show.

Great photo's from Andres' wedding btw. Must be awesome to have a wedding with most of the best footballers attending. Does he have any nephews or something? :p

Also...

YeJzB.gif

July 15, can't wait.

D_prOdigy

One of my old school-mate's dad has worked at City on the medical team for years now. Wonder if he'll be getting the sack, as per the rumours of Mancini bargaining for 'more power' in that area. Yay for City?

dc89

One of my old school-mate's dad has worked at City on the medical team for years now. Wonder if he'll be getting the sack, as per the rumours of Mancini bargaining for 'more power' in that area. Yay for City?

City's medical team is pretty good to be honest! They only got rid of the club doctor because he advised Kolo the diet pills were ok IIRC.

bud

not only did city extend a manager's contract for FIVE years, that manager's name is MANCINI.

not that they care, but... they've made a huge mistake.

dc89

not only did city extend a manager's contract for FIVE years, that manager's name is MANCINI.

not that they care, but... they've made a huge mistake.

His record so far suggests otherwise.

For a cub that's had more managers than I can remember in the time United and Arsenal have had one I am all for the stability.

Clegg

His record so far suggests otherwise.

For a cub that's had more managers than I can remember in the time United and Arsenal have had one I am all for the stability.

As was said earlier, Mancini has a good record in domestic competition but a very poor record in the CL.

I don't think he's in the very top echelon of managers.

Az

Never been a Mancini fan. Records and stats aside I just felt he handled the Tevez (and Dzeko) issue poorly. Also, he has been quite incosistent with Mario's issues. Watching a bunch of City games last season and cannot wrap my mind around the constant rotation. Same with his late subbing, giving a player almost no chance to get into the game.

Salvadora

Never been a Mancini fan. Records and stats aside I just felt he handled the Tevez (and Dzeko) issue poorly. Also, he has been quite incosistent with Mario's issues. Watching a bunch of City games last season and cannot wrap my mind around the constant rotation. Same with his late subbing, giving a player almost no chance to get into the game.

The backtrack on Tevez probably came from above, I hope.

dc89

As was said earlier, Mancini has a good record in domestic competition but a very poor record in the CL.

I don't think he's in the very top echelon of managers.

Well we won't be in the CL for much longer. FFP will see to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom