• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

D8ARh.jpg

Haha, I posted this pic (well, one slightly before or after.. Mario's drinking from the bottle in it) to dc on Twitter. He's apparently in St. Tropez right now -- I imagine the guys in training are grumbling under their breath a bit after seeing this.

Fady K

Yenrot with a megapost! I'm proud of you :p btw i read into that Ireland history lesson, thanks! Have some questions that I need to ask soon though, a little confused.

Clegg

WTF am I supposed to do with a £100m budget in FM?

I signed Modric and Muniain but I already have Ozil and Sahin.

Also nobody wanted to buy Kaka at my £15m asking price so I sold him to Liverpool for £6m. He picked up a 5 month injury in his second game.

PaulLFC

4th August - City Wolfsberg.

Another pre season friendly announced. City's preseason is pretty jam packed.
This has reminded me again that tickets still aren't on sale for our friendly with Leverkusen. Hope they put them up for sale soon, don't want to miss Sami's return.

Yen

Did Hamann taking the hand out of Barton on twitter:

Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann
How was first day training Joseph? When I heard QPR making major announcement I thought you may have been arrested again

I will start loving you if you stay out of trouble ... fine line between misunderstood and being deluded night night joseph

KuGsj.gif

Grim1ock

Banned
hello everyone!! long time gaf lurker and a massive broken hearted arsenal fan. I am looking to the banter with you all this season even if i dread our season without robin

Timurid

Also nobody wanted to buy Kaka at my £15m asking price so I sold him to Liverpool for £6m. He picked up a 5 month injury in his second game.

Buy youth.

qindarka

Banned
Did Hamann taking the hand out of Barton on twitter:

How was first day training Joseph? When I heard QPR making major announcement I thought you may have been arrested again

I will start loving you if you stay out of trouble ... fine line between misunderstood and being deluded night night joseph

KuGsj.gif

No matter how dislikable Barton can be, Hamann's tweet does seem rather classless unless it was provoked.

jtb

Banned
-snip-

Fantastic until the twist. Really don't like Boyle. 28 Days is alright, 28 Weeks is crap, 127 Hours is like a bad MTV video.

Boyle didn't do 28 Weeks. not a fan of Slumdog Millionaire or Trainspotting? I know the former gets lots of hate on gaf,
probably because it won the oscar the same year as the Dark Knight so it couldn't possibly be good,
but I think they're both pretty great films. do agree on the music video look... He's not like a Paul Greengrass or Edgar Wright who overdoes it with the ridiculous amount of split second shots spliced together... but despite that, I don't know why, every Boyle film's got that look.

GQman2121

Banned

This is why we play that game.....

I sold Terry to LFC in PES (they obviously wanted to pair him with Suarez for max damage) for £30m and he won the player of the year the follow season. :|

Messi

hello everyone!! long time gaf lurker and a massive broken hearted arsenal fan. I am looking to the banter with you all this season even if i dread our season without robin

How do you feel about RVP's statement?

Also how do you feel about Oliva Wilde?

Bumhead

Banned
I don't know why but I've just burst out laughing at the BBC News coverage of the Terry court case.

Something about the BBC printing "F****** black c***" next to a picture of Terry, with the bloke reading it emphasising the F and C before being bleeped, absolutely tickled me.

Disclaimer: Laughing at the BBC's coverage, that is. Not the content of what was being said.

Yen

Yenrot with a megapost! I'm proud of you :p btw i read into that Ireland history lesson, thanks! Have some questions that I need to ask soon though, a little confused.

PM me if you have questions. Really, if you want to learn about Irish history, watch Paul Greengrass' Bloody Sunday, and Michael Collins (which is probably historically inaccurate, but hey).

No matter how dislikable Barton can be, Hamann's tweet does seem rather classless unless it was provoked.

Playful jibes. They are friends and played together at City.

Boyle didn't do 28 Weeks. not a fan of Slumdog Millionaire or Trainspotting? I know the former gets lots of hate on gaf,
probably because it won the oscar the same year as the Dark Knight so it couldn't possibly be good,
but I think they're both pretty great films. do agree on the music video look... He's not like a Paul Greengrass or Edgar Wright who overdoes it with the ridiculous amount of split second shots spliced together... but despite that, I don't know why, every Boyle film's got that look.

Slumdog is eh. Good but not Oscar winning, but Oscar winning films are rarely great.

PaulLFC

Buy youth.
Yep, when I had loads of money to spend (I think this was on FM2011) I assembled the best youth team on the game and they won everything, also gave me a great platform to build for the future with many of them being good enough for the first team.

Grim1ock

Banned

1) I feel angry and frustrated and yet i understand where he's coming from. We have fallen way behind and robin's at an age where he needs trophies badly.

2) massive fan of hers. Yum yum!

kharma45

PM me if you have questions. Really, if you want to learn about Irish history, watch Paul Greengrass' Bloody Sunday, and Michael Collins (which is probably historically inaccurate, but hey).

This book by Rees (in fact, all his books on Ireland) give a really good (and I feel importantly pretty unbiased view) overview of Ireland's more recent history

718ZFDRD04L._SS500_.gif

One of my favourites. This one below too

51cn-%2BjzZ4L._SL500_.jpg

PaulLFC

According to a thread on RAWK Brendan Rodgers is making some changes at LFC:

1. The old 'This is Anfield' sign in the tunnel is coming back - already confirmed. For comparison, "new" on the left, "old" (the one that's returned) on the right.

333610397_71ceb5d373_o.jpg
AxX6x_XCAAAhzY4.jpg

2. Red goal nets are coming back to Anfield

3. Triangular corner flags with 'LFC' printed on them.

Well for all you traditionalist brendan rodgers is bringing some good old omens back to the club,In the late 70s and throughout the 80s are most successful period the second This Is Anfield sign was up in the tunnel.This changed in the early 90s after work was done in the tunnel areas,well Mr Rodgers is getting it back also to go with Red Nets yes they will return and triangle corner flags with LFC on them.
Last season we had red square type with no LFC on them.

rodvik

According to a thread on RAWK Brendan Rodgers is making some changes at LFC:

1. The old 'This is Anfield' sign in the tunnel is coming back - already confirmed. For comparison, "new" on the left, "old" (the one that's returned) on the right.

333610397_71ceb5d373_o.jpg
AxX6x_XCAAAhzY4.jpg

2. Red goal nets are coming back to Anfield

3. Triangular corner flags with 'LFC' printed on them.

The new birds head looks flaccid on the new one. Should have kept with the old design imho.

Slizz

The corner flags and red nets will be crucial to Pool's success.... Just messing. He seems to be doing all the right things as of now. Lets see what the product on the field is like.

WriterGK

Oh and for those of you Dragon's Dogma fans - the creator is strongly hinting at a sequel.

I agree with your Spain assessment; I adore the Spanish national team - but I did find them bordering on dull against Portugal, and especially against France. It was nice to see them end their campaign with a bang, it just sucked to see it happen at the expense of Italy as I highly respect the club and genuinely felt bad for their 4-0 loss. Watching Chelsea vs. Barcelona in the Champions League has been one of the weirdest experiences of my football-loving life :p I only was pissed at how Terry nearly broke the match with that rush of blood to his head!

I also feel the same about Drogba, sad to see a legend go but massively happy that he left at the PERFECT moment. He is now immortal at the club, no doubt. How long ago did you see Barca play live? Did you visit Camp Nou? I visited it for the first time earlier this year against Real Madrid (only to see them lose their first home game in AGES, *shake my head*) - it was so beautiful!! So you almost like both equally?

Like you, I have an insane backlog. It helps when you try to play the BEST games from your backlog first, as obvious as that sounds. I haven't beaten either Deus Ex: HR or Fallout 3 either - Deus Ex will be played real soon, God willing :D Is this your first time playing Mass Effect 1? The series is beautiful. Also, don't worry about your contract in Football Manager, Barca will find a way to poach you off of Valencia ;D

The first time was 1999 so like 13 years ago I saw them live in Camp Nou. And the second time and last one so far was around 2002 or 2003. They beat Malaga 2-1 and I what I remeber was that Mendieta was playing for Barcelona. Yeah I remember that evening losing against Real Madrid very well 2. I was at a meeting from another forum in Utrecht Holland. And I was with one other guy at the moment who happens to be a Real Madrid fan. We were in this local bar were we saw fragments of the first half but Fc Utrecht the local club was also playing so they were watching that match. And then we went to this other plays were they aired Barcelona-Real Madrid live. And the other people from the meeting went to join us there to see the second half. It was one of the first matches against Barcelona were Cristiano Ronaldo didn't choke and scored a decive goal.
Yeah Cam Nou is very beautiful indeed. What a stadium!

Yeah it is my first time playing Mass Effect 1, shame shame. And with Valencia I really have quite a dillema. I have signed Branislav Ivanovic from Chelsea just last summer for 5 million euro's and his contract doesn't end until 2016. But the big problem is he is considered a non european player and I am only allowed to have 3 of those. The first 2 I pick are Stevan Jovetic and Lucas Moura who both are playing and scoring a lot of goals and they have a lot of assits as well. And the third one is a Brazilian midfielder called Jucilei who I signed from Anzi for just 8 million. He can play als Central Midfielder, Defensive Midfielder and rightback winger. So I am now trying to sell Ivanovic and had offers from Swansea and Fiorentina. But its sad that he is leaivng but I have no choice. He is my second best defender only Victor Ruiz is better. I sold Adil Rami to Barcelona for 21 million euro's cause I thought he deserver a ''bigger club''. But the funny thing is my Valencia is doing so well now after 27 matches I am only 2 points behind the number one Real Madrid. And if I win this match against Hercules I have a 4 point lead or 5 against the number 3 Barcelona. But my goal is to become Champions of Spain with Valencia. I keep by there side untill I reach that goal. You probably dont mind but I added you to my friends list :)

And one last thing. I play Fifa 12 a awful lot 2. 1 on 1 against my brother or 2vs2 with my brother and his friends. And my brother is really good with Barcelona so I always pick Real Madrid. I dont like them much in Real life but with Fifa I find them very good to play with.

Yen

I don't think Fady is so interested that he'll buy a lock of textbooks. I just thought a few movies would be a fairly interesting to get a general view on events.

This book by Rees (in fact, all his books on Ireland) give a really good (and I feel importantly pretty unbiased view) overview of Ireland's more recent history

718ZFDRD04L._SS500_.gif

Haven't read this.

One of my favourites. This one below too

51cn-%2BjzZ4L._SL500_.jpg

This is very good.

Mastadon

Banned
It's been so long since I've been able to actually watch a Liverpool presser without cringing. Rodgers just looks so calm and self-assured.

Arnie

Love the new(old) sign. Not sure about red nets, will have to see them to make my mind up.

Really hope we pull the trigger on Borini, I'm getting excited. Can transfer the words from the Aquilani song into Borini's.

kharma45

I don't think Fady is so interested that he'll buy a lock of textbooks. I just thought a few movies would be a fairly interesting to get a general view on events.

Haven't read this.

This is very good.

He might get lucky and find a library with them :) might that is, I'll be hopeful :p

Hunger is also a very good film to watch, not an easy one but a good one.

Another one I thought was pretty good was 50 Dead Men Walking.

PS I really recommend that top Rees book.

Yen

He might get lucky and find a library with them :) might that is, I'll be hopeful :p

Hunger is also a very good film to watch, not an easy one but a good one.

Another one I thought was pretty good was 50 Dead Men Walking.

PS I really recommend that top Rees book.

Must get round to watching Hunger. 50 Dead Men Walking is a good film, yeah.

WriterGK

I am a new member two I just got accepted this Sunday lol. I hope RVP if he leaves goes to Juventus or Spain. And I like Olivia Wilde too bad her role in In Time wasn't that big.

Michael Fassbender is one of the best actors around.[/QUOTE

Yeah totally agree. He is good in everything I see him in so far:
Shame
Eden Lake
Fish Tank
Inglourious Basterds
A Dangerous Method
Prometheus
Hunger(what a movie and a role of him)
X-Men First Class

Messi

Amanda Seyfried.... *swoon*

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/mG/amanda-seyfried-nude-0410-lg.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.masalladelarealidad.com.ar/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/amanda_seyfried_064.jpg[IMG]

Def in my top 5.[/QUOTE]

She is freakishly skinny.

Kyoufu

Personally I would have switched them, but I remember you are a hater.

Hmph! Wilde is overrated here. Don't get me wrong, she looks great in House, but she shouldn't take every role in the world. Seyfried was the right woman for the role in In Time.

Wilde would be too old for the "daughter of rich man" role anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom