• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
jwlCM.jpg

Horrid jacket

Is Will.i.am eligible to play for GB? Because that's the only way that jacket makes sense..

TrueBlue

I hope Terry learns from his lesson and redeems himself. If I wasn't a Chelsea fan I would not have thought that way, but I love it when players redeem themselves. Tevez almost did until the silly signpost he held up!

I don't think the hatred for Terry and the hatred for Tevez are really comparable. Tevez is more rooted at a club level (though his bevaviour hasn't helped), while JT seems to be hated by everyone and anyone because they can. He won't be liked even if he found the cure to cancer.

And you know what? I don't think he minds at all. Still, I echo your sentiments, even though they'll do nothing to change the perception of him.

Carbonox

Do we pocket any of that 7 million or does it all go to him and his agents?

It's complicated as despite the 7m clause, acquiring Ba costs like double that due to agent's fees, his free money as part of the contract's clause and god knows what else, AFAIK. Either way, the most we will get is 7m, if that.

dc89

“I was very happy to hear the news that our manager has signed a new five-year deal yesterday.

“It is important for this club to have stability at all levels, especially after we have just won the title and the FA Cup the season before.

“It means there will be no changes or disruption to what has proved a winning formula and for the long term, that can only be good for Manchester City.

“Now the manager can continue to build this club and plan for the future – let’s not forget Sir Alex Ferguson has been at Manchester United for 25 years and they haven’t done too badly over the years.”

“On a personal level, I’m very happy because I want to win many more trophies with City and the manager has the same mentality as I do – he wants to win everything with this club and so do I."

“Of course, it’s not only me – we have a whole squad who are hungry for more success and we are pulling in the same direction.”

Yaya Toure quotes on Goal.com.

WriterGK

Van Gaal? Wow that was long back indeed. I wonder how he'll do as the national coach of Holland. Yes, Xavi has been around forever, i feel lucky to still see him playing in this day and age!

Sorry to hear about your jaw, how are you feeling now? Its true - after all the players they sold, it's incredible that they rarely drop below third place! That's a good line up that you use in FIFA.

Oh that's what you meant! Nice, I'll add you up on the PSN anyway :] I don't play that much FIFA or PES because in my game time I tend to play single player games. I do play online at times too if its co-op. Football co-op IS AMAZING.

Thanks for your kind words bro, much appreciated. Yes - this thread is full of wonderful people. Even when they seem to be mean, they mean no harm 90% of the time. Very friendly community.

Modric. I love Modric. I think he'll be GREAT at Real if he gets enough playtime.

That actually sounds fun :p Do you do it on purpose :p?

Yeah I am curuious as well. Van Gaal is good coach, don't get me wrong. But he is such a dick when it comes to journalist and the media/the press. He doesn't communicate with them on a normal level. And a bondscoach of a country like ours(The Netherlands) needs to be a spokes person who can handle criticism and can deal witht he media.

Hope you don't mind my asking. But which country do you live in? Yeah Xavi indeed plays very well. During the European Championship our Dutch ''EK lab'' compared Pirlo to Xavi. Pirlo is more of a attacking player who gives more assists than Xavi. But Xavi is still very good only this wasn't quite his best tournament.

No problem. Thanks for asking! Yes it's going quite good wiht my jaw. It's 2 weeks exactly now since I had the surgery. And it's going quite good. My headache's are gona, so is my nausia but I have this ear pain in my right ear that is quite annoying.

The Thing is Real plays 4-2-3-1 and the line up is something like this if I got it wright:
Iker Casillas(when he was 19 he made Real practically come back up from like 16h position to 5th or better)

Arbeloa(but he sucks)/Ramos- Pepe-Ramos/Varane-Marcelo/Coentrao

Xabi Alonso/Sahin/Diarra- Khedira/Sahin/Diarra/Alonso

Di Maria/Ronaldo/Benzema-Ozil/Modric/Kaka/Granero?- Ronaldo/Di Maria

Benzema/Higuain/Ronaldo

The / is the other options. I think they need a solid Rightback and the team is fabulous. Perhaps Dario Srna

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Is it possible that RVP may yet extend his Arsenal deal? I refuse to get excited again only to have him stamp on me AGAIN!

If he does then he must he happy to end his career with his current medals. Looked at objectively there is no reason for Arsenal to bother with him anyway, he is 29, injury-prone and you've just bought two new strikers who can probably match his usual goal return of 15-20 a season.

Is it possible that RVP may yet extend his Arsenal deal? I refuse to get excited again only to have him stamp on me AGAIN!
Yeah I think there is quite a good chance. It's been a few days since he made his original statement and nothing has happened, maybe he is doing what Rooney did and just wanted to force Arsenal's hand. Perhaps there are going to offer him more money now or better yet make some of the signings we've been hearing rumours about to convince him to stay.

For now I still think it's more likely he leaves, like maybe 60-40 but every passing day it becomes more likely he will stay.

amitaiwinehouse

Neo Member
I've written a review of a couple of football books I've read recently for my blog, have a read and you might find something worth reading (if you've not already heard of them all and oh god I'm such a failure).

Cheers.

WriterGK

Footygaffers, mark your calendars. Your favorite matches of the upcoming season have been dated:

Barcelona vs Real Madrid - October 7.

Real Madrid vs Barcelona - March 3.

October 7, very nice. That is 3 days after my birthday :D

Mad Men is next on my list (though there's a lot to go through so this'll take awhile eh)

Definitely watch the show. It's fun to follow, and you'll really get to like the characters - all the parts are very well written. Everyone is intelligent and you are very rarely left in a situation where either 1) you have absolutely no idea how the characters arrived at the conclusion they arrived at, or 2) you are crying out for them to do something that they're too stupid to do. Everything has a consequence and a reason written in.

Season 2 really even more like the Wire, and the main character is often like a female McNulty. Of course, the Wire isn't really a mystery, while this one is a classic "who done it" mystery/thriller through and through.

Don't want to hype you up too much, but it's a very good show and you should enjoy it.

I love Mad Men <3 have seen the first 5 seasons. I followed on season 5 week per week. About Forbrydelsen. That show is good. But I am currently putting it on hold. But have seen the first 7 episodes of season 1 tough. But I am now watching Sopranos season 3, The Shield season 4 and Suits season 2. Tripple S hihi. And starting next Monday I am gone watch Breaking Bad week by week. And I still have to finish up on Awake, Generation Kill, Friday Nigh Lights season 5 and Doctor Who season 1. So have a lot of shows left to watch haha.

Kyoufu

Yeah I think there is quite a good chance. It's been a few days since he made his original statement and nothing has happened, maybe he is doing what Rooney did and just wanted to force Arsenal's hand. Perhaps there are going to offer him more money now or better yet make some of the signings we've been hearing rumours about to convince him to stay.

For now I still think it's more likely he leaves, like maybe 60-40 but every passing day it becomes more likely he will stay.

You mean... every passing day it becomes more likely he will leave as the Arsenal chairman or whatever gets back from holiday right? That's what RVP said. He's waiting 2 weeks for the boss to return so he can gtfo.

You mean... every passing day it becomes more likely he will leave as the Arsenal chairman or whatever gets back from holiday right? That's what RVP said. He's waiting 2 weeks for the boss to return so he can gtfo.
No I think there is every reason for Lightning to hope. I think RVP will stay actually. Lightning have you bought this years Arsenal shirt yet? If you want to go ahead with RVP, 10, go for it.

Messi

Might book flights to Barca for the weekend of the Clasico and try get a ticket when I get there. What are my chances? sub 200 euro.

Diablos54

Lol I saw that before making my post which was why I thought there is a slight chance he might stay unless sky are pulling my chain.

I still think he will leave and no I have not purchased this years shirt yet. I want to wait to see what our team will be and then make a decision to see if it will be worth it.
You should know by now it's never worth buying an Arsenal shirt. :p

WriterGK

He had the perfect season and still Arsenal only came in third... But on the other hand where does he need to go? And I mean where will he really be a decive /starting player. City have Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli etc Barca have Messi/Sanchez/Villa/Pedro etc Real Madrid has Ronaldo/Benzema and Higuain. United has Rooney, Berbatov, Hernandez and Welbeck. Chelsea have Torres and perhaps Hulk. So Chelsea leems logical...

Salvadora

In the current climate...

Edit: Maybe RVP is angling for a huge contract from Arsenal. Would be an amazing troll it true.

He certainly deserves a huge contract, provided he would continue his form. Injury problems weigh down on my mind as I think its almost inevitable.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He had the perfect season and still Arsenal only came in third... But on the other hand where does he need to go? And I mean where will he really be a decive /starting player. City have Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli etc Barca have Messi/Sanchez/Villa/Pedro etc Real Madrid has Ronaldo/Benzema and Higuain. United has Rooney, Berbatov, Hernandez and Welbeck. Chelsea have Torres and perhaps Hulk. So Chelsea leems logical...

Exactly, it's hard to think of a team with no strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom