• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, surprisingly things are picking up for Oscar at Chelsea. Would be an out-of-nowhere surprise! Isn't it still early at Denmark :0? Or have you not had much sleep the night prior?

More like none at all.

Oscar would be a nice surprise, although I assume it means no Hulk. But damn if the offense isn't suddenly looking very good.

Fady K

More like none at all.

Oscar would be a nice surprise, although I assume it means no Hulk. But damn if the offense isn't suddenly looking very good.

Agreed, though Chelsea need a solid player or two at the back if possible. They DEFINITELY need a right-back. The question is, who will be able to fill the shoes once filled by the legendary Bosingwa?

Man, when I stay up all night, it KILLS me the next day. Try to get some earlier than usual rest soon and reset the cycle ;)

Just taking an age for the guy to ship my phone.

Should have went to Amazon instead.

Seriously, Amazon FTW. When you go with people it can be far too unstable :[

Amazon all the every day.

Exactly!

Fady K

Candidates for coaching Russia revealed (supposedly) - Redknapp, Capello & Guardiola as candidates to replace Advocaat.

I could see Capello in there.

Just googled him and that's a perfect description.

Glad someone else sees the resemblance :D!

Fady K

Footygaffers, mark your calendars. Your favorite matches of the upcoming season have been dated:

Barcelona vs Real Madrid - October 7.

Real Madrid vs Barcelona - March 3.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
So Gazza wants to get his hip fixed and play for Rangers next season.

Not sure whether to laugh or feel sickened by the Sun running a story from a guy who is clearly unwell. Taking advantage.

Fady K

Can't wait for Classico games again. Should be epic.

Agreed! Vilanova will have an epic challenge to overcome...It'll be Madrid's year again with more Mourinho power unless Vilanova has tricks up his sleeve.

Can't wait for all the JT bans the matches will bring.

The lack of **** (i am one of the few here that don't hate JT) bans more like! After Pepe got no bans for his blatant hand-step on Messi, I gave up hope on justice.

GorillaJu

Finished watching Forbrydelsen second season.

Very good show. Tickles me in the right way. Storyline flows similarly to the Wire, but it's campy and fun to follow.

I heard the American version, "The Killing" deviates a lot from the original.

Kyoufu

Agreed! Vilanova will have an epic challenge to overcome...It'll be Madrid's year again with more Mourinho power unless Vilanova has tricks up his sleeve

I think what Barca has to do is basically not drop points against lesser teams.

I can't remember which team it was but Pep basically rested the Triforce™. They were losing like 3-0 until Messi came on in the last 10 minutes to score a few goals. I think they either lost or drew, but the point is, they dropped points against a lowly team. Can't be having that!

Finished watching Forbrydelsen second season.

Very good show. Tickles me in the right way. Storyline flows similarly to the Wire, but it's campy and fun to follow.

I heard the American version, "The Killing" deviates a lot from the original.
Your posts have piqued my interest. I'll check Forbrydelsen out when I'm done with Mad Men season 5.

Hixx

Footygaffers, mark your calendars. Your favorite matches of the upcoming season have been dated:

Barcelona vs Real Madrid - October 7.

Real Madrid vs Barcelona - March 3.

They are the worst games of the season cos of all the shit that they bring, especially in here.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
6hoUX.jpg
Option 3 option 3 option 3
Fady K said:
the club (Inter) are broke. It seems they are creating this to satisfy the fans.

True. They did that last year with Tevez and no one bought it, everyone knows they're broke.

GorillaJu

Your posts have piqued my interest. I'll check Forbrydelsen out when I'm done with Mad Men season 5.

Mad Men is next on my list (though there's a lot to go through so this'll take awhile eh)

Definitely watch the show. It's fun to follow, and you'll really get to like the characters - all the parts are very well written. Everyone is intelligent and you are very rarely left in a situation where either 1) you have absolutely no idea how the characters arrived at the conclusion they arrived at, or 2) you are crying out for them to do something that they're too stupid to do. Everything has a consequence and a reason written in.

Season 2 really even more like the Wire, and the main character is often like a female McNulty. Of course, the Wire isn't really a mystery, while this one is a classic "who done it" mystery/thriller through and through.

Don't want to hype you up too much, but it's a very good show and you should enjoy it.

Fady K

are you looking forward to the Community Shield?

Definitely bro! I enjoyed both Man City/Chelsea games last season! Not much controversy involved in the match, just a solid match with good performances from both ends.

This is for your PR folder dc:

"Manchester City have acquired the services of Sebastian Arnesen, the son of former Tottenham and Chelsea head talent scout Frank Arnesen, to bolster their scouting team.

After working for his father as sports chief of Hamburg, the Premier League holders' new employee signed a contract at the Etihad Stadium despite having two years remaning on his deal with the Bundesliga side."

How about klassiekers?

Figure that one out.
Und Klassikers?

Mad Men is next on my list (though there's a lot to go through so this'll take awhile eh)

Definitely watch the show. It's fun to follow, and you'll really get to like the characters - all the parts are very well written. Everyone is intelligent and you are very rarely left in a situation where either 1) you have absolutely no idea how the characters arrived at the conclusion they arrived at, or 2) you are crying out for them to do something that they're too stupid to do. Everything has a consequence and a reason written in.

Season 2 really even more like the Wire, and the main character is often like a female McNulty. Of course, the Wire isn't really a mystery, while this one is a classic "who done it" mystery/thriller through and through.

Don't want to hype you up too much, but it's a very good show and you should enjoy it.
My parents are really fond of crime series from Scandinavia and I assume they've seen it. I'll ask about it tonight. So it's an actually cleverly written who dun it? I know I can't stand CSI-like series because they're too fake and good to be true. From the sound if it it looks like I'll thoroughly enjoy it.

GorillaJu

Und Klassikers?

My parents are really fond of crime series from Scandinavia and I assume they've seen it. I'll ask about it tonight. So it's an actually cleverly written who dun it? I know I can't stand CSI-like series because they're too fake and good to be true. From the sound if it it looks like I'll thoroughly enjoy it.

Yep. It keeps you on your toes, and the supporting characters/cast are likable and great.

dc89

Definitely bro! I enjoyed both Man City/Chelsea games last season! Not much controversy involved in the match, just a solid match with good performances from both ends.

This is for your PR folder dc:

"Manchester City have acquired the services of Sebastian Arnesen, the son of former Tottenham and Chelsea head talent scout Frank Arnesen, to bolster their scouting team.

After working for his father as sports chief of Hamburg, the Premier League holders' new employee signed a contract at the Etihad Stadium despite having two years remaning on his deal with the Bundesliga side."

And we shared the spoils in the end. 3 points each from 6 and some silverware!

Thanks for that! I am always grateful for material from other members.

Chelsea‬ & ‪Porto officials will meet next week for a decisive transfer talks for Hulk. Deal stalled. Not dead. Hulk already agreed personal terms with Chelsea but Porto‬ FC want all fee paid upfront, Chelsea want a 3 year spread.

Montpellier‬ ready to hand Belhanda a new 4 years contract but, are ready to do business with Arsenal only for £22M. Arsenal plan to bid on Dempsey soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom