• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

The only way to redeem yourself is to give away free football shirts to every FootballGAF member.

jPtEK.gif

dc89

Soccer Triads have got the new City shirts up already! You can even have Champions on the back in the gold font you can get at the City store.

I wonder how they get hold of the lettering and patches etc.

Linius

Soccer Triads have got the new City shirts up already! You can even have Champions on the back in the gold font you can get at the City store.

I wonder how they get hold of the lettering and patches etc.

Wait, these shirts at Soccer Triads are legit? As in official? Because those guys are cheap...

Did I just go back to the 90s?

Most Dutch channels still have it. Never use it though :p

Well, it happened. Started a FM game. Network game with 2 of my friends. Their Chelsea and United. I've gone with Spurs.

VERTONGHEN HERE I COME!

dc89

Wait, these shirts at Soccer Triads are legit? As in official? Because those guys are cheap...
Most Dutch channels still have it. Never use it though :p

No I don't think they are legit. Maybe seconds or something, I don't know, but it's just strange how they offer exactly what the clubs store do. Even the 'Champions' top with gold lettering instead of white or black.

Linius

I'd only ever do it in FootyGAF, and maybe SCIIGAF

Guess you'll see me making some errors from time to time. Like many others I'm no native speaker :p

But posting here is good for my English.

No I don't think they are legit. Maybe seconds or something, I don't know, but it's just strange how they offer exactly what the clubs store do. Even the 'Champions' top with gold lettering instead of white or black.

Yeah, Messi clearified that one already. Found some dude on the website (that Facebook thing) who said it too. But everbody seems to be pretty happy with the quality. So maybe I'll just buy one there in the future to check it out.

Fady K

I wonder if Madrid will ever lose that lustre that makes players join them without thinking of the ramifications it will have for their careers

Rumors have it that the Modric transfer to their club stalled due to the fact that they could not guarantee him a starting place. If that is the case, and their purchase is planned at 35 million, that's insane.

Most of the news thus far indicate Fenerbahce rather than GS. 2.75 million euros a year. That was the 5th of July though, so possibility of GS hijack is high seeing as there's no fresh news and we signed Topal.

Hmmm...i guess we'll have to wait and see as the rumors are all over the place. I wonder what'll happen to Sahin next season too.

HAHAHAHA that's hilarious :p Great pic lol. Funny how they used Joe Hart's celebration pose (after he won the title when Aguero scored). Silva would be spared by Kagawa due to the Japanese lineage :p

I don't think the hatred for Terry and the hatred for Tevez are really comparable. Tevez is more rooted at a club level (though his bevaviour hasn't helped), while JT seems to be hated by everyone and anyone because they can. He won't be liked even if he found the cure to cancer.

And you know what? I don't think he minds at all. Still, I echo your sentiments, even though they'll do nothing to change the perception of him.

I understand that Terry screwed up a lot, so it makes sense for a lot of the guys here to take a dump on him, but at the same time I agree with you - if this guy cured cancer it wouldn't change their minds. There are those who are flexible, and there are those who just enjoy hating.

The one thing he did that really let me down was what he did to Sanchez at the away game to Barcelona. He had a great chance to be a hero that night but ended on a very bad note.

He's got great potential, and as a defender he has years in him still; hence I hope he ends it on a high note.

Edit - OMG it gets better.

Yep. I think Hulk to Chelsea this season is a given. Its just a matter of when rather than if.

I want to subscribe to this magazine!

Yeah I am curuious as well. Van Gaal is good coach, don't get me wrong. But he is such a dick when it comes to journalist and the media/the press. He doesn't communicate with them on a normal level. And a bondscoach of a country like ours(The Netherlands) needs to be a spokes person who can handle criticism and can deal witht he media.

Hope you don't mind my asking. But which country do you live in? Yeah Xavi indeed plays very well. During the European Championship our Dutch ''EK lab'' compared Pirlo to Xavi. Pirlo is more of a attacking player who gives more assists than Xavi. But Xavi is still very good only this wasn't quite his best tournament.

No problem. Thanks for asking! Yes it's going quite good wiht my jaw. It's 2 weeks exactly now since I had the surgery. And it's going quite good. My headache's are gona, so is my nausia but I have this ear pain in my right ear that is quite annoying.

The Thing is Real plays 4-2-3-1 and the line up is something like this if I got it wright:
Iker Casillas(when he was 19 he made Real practically come back up from like 16h position to 5th or better)

Arbeloa(but he sucks)/Ramos- Pepe-Ramos/Varane-Marcelo/Coentrao

Xabi Alonso/Sahin/Diarra- Khedira/Sahin/Diarra/Alonso

Di Maria/Ronaldo/Benzema-Ozil/Modric/Kaka/Granero?- Ronaldo/Di Maria

Benzema/Higuain/Ronaldo

The / is the other options. I think they need a solid Rightback and the team is fabulous. Perhaps Dario Srna

Sucks when coaches are like that. It's one of the things I did not like much in Chelsea's former coach AVB - and one thing I love about Di Matteo - he's very peaceful with journalists despite any aggression they may have. Oh so you are from the Netherlands huh? Sorry about your team's performance at the Euro. It was obvious that the disunity between the players took their potential away.

I live in the United Arab Emirates though I myself am partly Greek, partly Palestinian. The UAE is a beautiful and peaceful country thank God. Football is a big part of the culture here. I would love to visit Holland - it looks insanely beautiful! Agreed, Xavi didn't have his best games recently, but it's incredible how even on a bad day he can do some damage. The same goes for Pirlo most of the time. I hope you heal up soon bro.

Madrid have a scary lineup. And under Mourinho, they are even deadlier. Maybe this will be another year of Madrid domination, I wonder if Barca can still surprise this season.

October 7, very nice. That is 3 days after my birthday :D

There's also the Super Copa. First leg at Camp Nou, second at Bernabeau.

Didn't you hear, when Fady was there he got to watch them training on the field :)

It was wonderful! Right before the match began by about a half hour or so they came out. The Los Blancos got a wonderful reception lololol. Never been surrounded by so many people that all hated the same thing, at least it seemed like that. I felt bad for the reception they got, but I felt worse when they won :[

At Camp Nou or Bernabeu? Both awesome to be honest. Seeing top footballers outside of matches so close by is pretty exciting.

True! I envy the gaffers here that live in the same country as the club they love. They can go watch training sessions, go for book signings every other month, etc. Man :(

Camp Nou, Granted he went to the Clasico where it rained like crazy and we lost :( still awesome.

The week I went to see Barcelona, they lost their coach, Messi was far from his best, they got knocked out of the Champions League, and they lost their first game to Madrid outside of the Copa Del Ray in AGES. Obviously, the CL exit to Chelsea was bearable, but the rest made me feel like one unlucky fan :p The timing was horrible.

To go see one of two favorite teams in the world, only to not be able to celebrate at their stadium :(!

Nightmares just thinking about that game. The second half, madrid were lethal in attack.

I'm really feeling like Barca will be the underdogs for this season in Spain. Mourinho staying and Guardiola leaving alone makes me feel that.

jtb

Banned
I fucking hope the Arsenal board is not dumb enough to offer RVP a massive contract after all that has transpired. that would be about the worst possible outcome to this situation; even letting him go on a free would be better than giving his injury-prone ass a big deal. force a move to Juve, or take the money from City and be done with it. I'm sick of hearing about this asshole.

Linius

Where you're from then Fady? And to be honest, I almost never go and see Ajax training. But it's nice to have the oppurtinity.

EDIT

I feel stupid now, I see you're explaining that somewhere in that big quote waterfall :p

Meier

This is deeply embarrassing.

:(

You can't go wrong with the young, French strikers in FM.. I'm tellin ya -- you could have 2 starters, a bench and a few U-19s and win your league with those guys. Vaclav Kadlec is a must buy ASAP too.

I haven't played my City save quite as much since it's so hard to get those damn work permits. >< Gimme Romario and Luis Guilherme, dammit!

WriterGK

Did I just go back to the 90s?

I grew up in the 90's and still use Telexet like almost every day :D

@ Fady:

Forgot to tell you. I took the first position in La Liga today. Real Madrid played 0-0 at home against Malaga and I won 2-1 against Real Betis at home. 8 more matches and Real has to scrabe 1 more point out of it than me. Because I beated Real 3-1 won at home and lost only 4-2 away so that second goal from my team could make me the champion. And I see you talking about Lucas Moura.25 million euro's is indeed on the low side I also have him at Valencia and he cost me 30 million euro's spread in a 4 year payment.

Fady K

Where you're from then Fady? And to be honest, I almost never go and see Ajax training. But it's nice to have the oppurtinity.

EDIT

I feel stupid now, I see you're explaining that somewhere in that big quote waterfall :p

Haha don't feel bad, with all that stuff I typed up most posters are bound to miss out on most of it. What about you bro? Dutch? Oh and what clubs do you like again :D?

Guess you'll see me making some errors from time to time. Like many others I'm no native speaker :p

But posting here is good for my English.

Yeah, Messi clearified that one already. Found some dude on the website (that Facebook thing) who said it too. But everbody seems to be pretty happy with the quality. So maybe I'll just buy one there in the future to check it out.

Also, I wouldn't correct someone who didn't have English as his first language. I'm fairly certain English is Viva's native tongue!!

This is deeply embarrassing.

:(

I'm just trying to enrich your life!

Fady K

Maradona has been sacked.

Al Wasl finished in eighth position in the league, while they lost the Gulf Clubs Championship final on penalties and crashed out of the President's and Emirates Cups in the quarter-finals.

Linius said:
Ajax. Bacon and I are on opposite sides in The Netherlands :p

Niiiiiiice. You guys live in one of the most beautiful countries in the world <3

Blablurn

Maradona has been sacked.

Al Wasl finished in eighth position in the league, while they lost the Gulf Clubs Championship final on penalties and crashed out of the President's and Emirates Cups in the quarter-finals.

Niiiiiiice. You guys live in one of the most beautiful countries in the world <3

i wonder if maradonna really cared

jtb

Banned
I wonder what the payout for Maradona's failure is... doesn't he have loads of debt and unpaid taxes from his crack addict days?

Fady K

Err....since when does the US Playstation store update so EARLY. Has there been a change of management at Sony Entertainment Network :p? Two weeks in a row now. I'm quite impressed!!

i wish i had your optimism haha

The heartbreaks you suffered will make you stronger, and any cups you gain from this point forward will only make the victory sweeter hopefully ;)

Blablurn

Err....since when does the US Playstation store update so EARLY. Has there been a change of management at Sony Entertainment Network :p? Two weeks in a row now. I'm quite impressed!!

The heartbreaks you suffered will make you stronger, and any cups you gain from this point forward will only make the victory sweeter hopefully ;)

i appreciate ur nice words, man! they are awesome! u r a good man! hope you r doing alright!

Linius

Hmm, Last.fm is having trouble all day. At least I can see my scrobbles again. When websites go down I realise how sorry my life can actually be :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom