• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Exactly. He's either Jesus or a fucking joke. Which one gets booed off supporting a shitehawk moron like Ian Brown?

I know which one got booed so hard he ended up on a crucifix. Romans and Mancunians, Ian Brown and Pontius Pilate.

You be the judge.

In fact, you're right.

They were both fucking frauds.

Dynamo seems like a nice guy. He isn't much of a showman though. Do you not like him because he got booed or because do you not like magic (because it's not real)?
Or because he's friends with Rio Ferdinand?

Watching Dynamo: Magician Impossible. I can't get my head around the things he does. They literally astound me. I'm just in awe. If anyone hasn't seen it hit up YouTube now, it's unbelievable.

Dynamo is from my hometown and is a pile of wank. It's all just fake shit. I remember seeing one where he put a woman's ring around the stem of her wine glass and you could see him put the glass behind his back and swap it for another one that the "plant" behind him was holding.

Wilbur

Banned
Dynamo is from my hometown and is a pile of wank. It's all just fake shit. I remember seeing one where he put a woman's ring around the stem of her wine glass and you could see him put the glass behind his back and swap it for another one that the "plant" behind him was holding.

I know it's fake, but the coke and Fanta one in this one was great, and there's one where there's orange juice inside a coconut.

It's obviously fake but the vast majority I just can't work out how. For the amount of people around him to be amazed as well...

And yeah lol, I know it's wank guys. But explain to me how he does it. It's an illusion, but it's a fantastic illusion.

Wilbur

Banned
Obviously all magic is fake but dynamo's actually looks fake and it's easy to see how he does most of his 'tricks'

Explain the phone in a bottle one, or if you catch a repeat of the new one how he changes the Fanta and Coke drinks. It's easy enough to say its fake, but harder to explain it.

Salazar

ZQRPR.jpg

USWNT at Alnwick.

Explain the phone in a bottle one, or if you catch a repeat of the new one how he changes the Fanta and Coke drinks. It's easy enough to say its fake, but harder to explain it.

He swaps the bottle with a guy stood behind him. If you watch it when the guy hands him the phone, he's swapped the bottle to the other hand and put it behind his back. Obviously the first time you watch it you're focused on the phone so don't think about what he's doing with his other hand. Pretty simple to see what he's done though when you watch it again.

Wilbur

Banned
He swaps the bottle with a guy stood behind him. If you watch it when the guy hands him the phone, he's swapped the bottle to the other hand and put it behind his back. Obviously the first time you watch it you're focused on the phone so don't think about what he's doing with his other hand. Pretty simple to see what he's done though when you watch it again.

Pfft, next you'll be telling me Santa isn't real.

Fuck it I'm going to live in dreamworld and say its real. Better than succumbing to transfer muppetry.

Labadal

The only club Carroll might move to is Milan. Why do you guys think they sold Zlatan?

We'll then buy Cavani and Jovetic.

I thought everyone already knew this?

Arnie

I don't like him because his tricks cross the line from believable bullshit to patronising bullshit, the coke and fanta trick being the primary example. Perhaps it's because I'm slightly older, and a whisker more cynical, but I never used to have such a pessimistic reaction watching David Blaine.

And yes, when I was watching it with some friends and one of them called him out about the time he got booed off, my image of him dropped even further.

Magic's all about the illusion, and with this guys I'm under no illusions.

I just watched the first episode of season 4, BB. Damn, this show took it to the next level. It's approaching the holy trinity of Mad Men, The Wire, Sopranos, but it just isn't there yet. Once I'm done I think I'll watch The Walking Dead.

Arnie

Prepare to be disappointed after season 1

Reckon I just don't bother? I hate it when shows go downhill. Probably why I'm enjoying Breaking Bad so much, it genuinely improves in almost every aspect each season. And I'm not just talking about plot points, the cinematography, acting, pacing all improves with each season.

Reckon I just don't bother? I hate it when shows go downhill. Probably why I'm enjoying Breaking Bad so much, it genuinely improves in almost every aspect each season. And I'm not just talking about plot points, the cinematography, acting, pacing all improves with each season.

Ehh season 1 sort of goes from wow that was an amazing episode to fuck sake this is shit why am I watching it. I would say the pilot and the last episode are the best. Season 1 is quite short though so if you do have some time I would recommend you give it a go.

Season 2 however was the biggest pile of shit I've ever seen from a second season. 17 episodes and pretty much nothing happened.

Fry

I just watched the first episode of season 4, BB. Damn, this show took it to the next level. It's approaching the holy trinity of Mad Men, The Wire, Sopranos, but it just isn't there yet. Once I'm done I think I'll watch The Walking Dead.

yeeey

I acknowledge The Walking Dead isn't that good, but I like watching and I'd recommend it because the show gets much better after season one, and the trailer for S3 got me excited.

Plus it has the prettiest actress of all TV shows.

Wilbur

Banned
Arnie, fuck Walking Dead. Go for Deadwood, only 3 series and you can pick it up for 30 quid or so somewhere. Probably the best show I've ever seen

Kyoufu

yep, Loved everything about the game. Hope theres a sequel and they introduce multiplayer, Would add so much to it.

Haven't finished it yet (not even close) but I don't really care for multiplayer. Just give me a sequel with some improvements and I'm there DAY ONE.

So good. SOoooo good.

edit: to clarify, multiplayer would be amazing. This to me is a next-gen version of Monster Hunter + other Capcom games, but I'm absolutely fine with it being singleplayer. It's an RPG afterall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom