• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep going.

Can't wait. I'll blitz season four in 48 hours.

Haha, I'm so happy you said that.

In other news, I have a serious problem where I can't just be doing one thing. I'm watching Breaking Bad while browsing GAF, or playing Tiny Wings, or doing something else mundane or pointless. What is wrong with me?

Also, I love this commercial because I love this song: http://youtu.be/eB490uu07S4 Also, WHL appearance, and it is a great all around commercial. Shit like this inspires me. As does this one:http://youtu.be/WxfZkMm3wcg

GorillaJu

You really make me laugh sometimes odd_morsel.

Glad it's not just me that thinks I'm hilarious.

Viva what do you think of BB? I might have to go back to Suits and power through it of you rate it that much

At the moment I'm enthralled by Mad Men though. How did I never watch this before?!

Glad it's not just me that thinks I'm hilarious.

Viva what do you think of BB? I might have to go back to Suits and power through it of you rate it that much

At the moment I'm enthralled by Mad Men though. How did I never watch this before?!
Still haven't seen it. I tried to start it a while back but it didn't grip me so I went with Mad Men instead. About to watch an episode now, on S3.

On Suits. I don't think it's an amazing show in terms of the acting and writing...it's just really fun.

Ahh...BB! So Good!

Also, the acting in Suits is pretty strong. The writing isn't always great though. I'm not happy that they've diminished Rachel's role this season.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
B1ZWj.jpg
Marco Fabián's so dreamy awesome even Giggs is compelled to admire him

GorillaJu

RAWK

A: "Looks like the Mancs are in for Erikson. Would like us to put in a bid if he's on the market"

B: "I'd rather we go for Fischer. That lad looks brilliant."

C: "Who is that?"

B: "Ajax youth player who murdered us in the NextGen series."

C: "Ahhh. I see here he wants to stay at Ajax until he's a 1st team regular."

MOD: "GUYS THIS IS A LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD FOR PLAYERS WHO HAVE BEEN LINKED WITH LFC."

Me: "Is it really that harmful to talk about players we'd like to see us go in for? I like the mini discussions."

E: "Agree"

MOD 2: "IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE MODERATION YOU CAN GO ELSEWHERE."

MOD: <WALL OF TEXT> YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU CAN GIIIT OUUUUUT!"

"SORRY GUYS LOOKS LIKE I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO LOCK THIS THREAD!!"

Didn't even give us a chance to discuss Liverpool players again. What a fucking joke. JTs to the max.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Dat depth, baby. No way we're not playing 3-5-2 next season.

Code:
                                          Buffon
                                     (Storari/Leali)

Barzagli         Bonucci         Chiellini
                              (Caceres)       (Lucio)

Lichtsteiner                                                          De Ceglie
(Caceres/Isla)                                              (Giaccherini/Pepe/Armero?)

Marchisio            Pirlo             Vidal
              (Asamoah/Padoin/Giaccherini)   (Pogba)    (Isla/Marrone/Pepe)

???(RVP?)                  Giovinco
                      (Matri/Quagliarella)            (Vucinic)

On Pepe

Pepe and Giaccherini are the biggest losers of this formation as they both typically play up high on the wings in a 4-3-3. They can both play in the middle as CM who are allowed to roam forward (see Giaccherini in Coppa Italia, Pepe against Napoli) but with the depth we have, it's unlikely that they'd be called upon to play in either positions unless we have big injuries to deal with, or our players need rest.

A 4-3-3 looks also interesting. I won't bother with the depth chart, but Giovinco out on the left with Vucinic behind him, our mystery striker in the centre with Matri/Quagliarella behind him, and Pepe/Giaccherini sharing the role on the right. Theoretically, we can play with someone like RVP out wide on the right and Matri/Quagliarella in the middle, but I just don't see Conte a) wasting the clinical finishing that someone like RVP brings by putting them in, basically, a supporting role in a 4-3-3, or b) chaining Lichtsteiner to defensive duties which would be required with a player like that on our right is offensive minded. Lichtsteiner and Caceres were too good going forward to let that happen. I really think Simone Pepe's role in this squad is going to matter a great deal on what formation Conte decides to stick with. That, and Isla playing outwide on the right is also a big threat to Pepe's starting jersey in a 4-3-3.

Yeah that's spot on I think. Isla can pretty much cover any role on the right! Winger, wingback and rightback. He's just as good as Pepe defensively and way better going forward. Armero would be a good signing too as he can play anywhere on the left as well.

Lichtsteiner is one of the losers of this 3-5-2 system too :( He's not nearly as good in wingback, but I'll still use him for his telepathic understanding with Pirlo.

Padoin is still a gigantic question mark. :////////////////////////////////////////////////////

If we're in for RVP we need to move faster, with Dzeko and Tevez staying he's the only good striker available in the market and everyone (including Milan now) are in for him :/

Salazar

The hell. That's not the bloke Everton signed is it ?

Bébé showed up at the airport to set off on tour.

:(

Now the 24-year-old, who has scored just seven goals in 145 appearances for United, has admitted this season is his most important at Old Trafford.

“Yes, definitely,” said Anderson. “I need to prove what I can do. I know the boss and my team-mates believe in me, I’ve just had bad luck.

Just bad luck my fucking foot, lad.

Carbonox

Any news on Twitter surrounding the Andy Carroll situation? I just checked newsnow.co.uk and there's nothing new atm. Was hoping there were some ITK's who might know better on what Newcastle plan to do.

And now Inter chief Giovanni Luigi has revealed that they want any deal for Oscar to smash the Brazilian record, and Chelsea are close to this.

"I want the transfer of Oscar to be the biggest transfer deal ever in Brazilian football," Luigi told Radio Gaucha.

"And the Chelsea offer isn't that far from that."

iVz62YxBWZBK6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom