• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Haven't finished it yet (not even close) but I don't really care for multiplayer. Just give me a sequel with some improvements and I'm there DAY ONE.

So good. SOoooo good.

edit: to clarify, multiplayer would be amazing. This to me is a next-gen version of Monster Hunter + other Capcom games, but I'm absolutely fine with it being singleplayer. It's an RPG afterall.
I don't mind single player either, for a sequel i'm hoping for atleast an online multiplayer option similar to Monster Hunter Tri which imo would be awsome. Getting into groups and going on a quest to slay a Drake or a Chimera.

GorillaJu

Kyoufu, I'm going to go buy Dragon's Dogma today. I shall be sharing your excitement soon.

I thought the same at the time, but after re-watching BB's S4, they are on par.

BB season 4 is a B/B+ show. Homeland season 1 is a solid A.

choodi

Banned
Arnie, fuck Walking Dead. Go for Deadwood, only 3 series and you can pick it up for 30 quid or so somewhere. Probably the best show I've ever seen

+1 on deadwood.

If you are commenting about television shows and haven't watched deadwood, then you have no right to comment.

Arnie

Skip it and just watch The Wire.
Seen it. Very good. It's third for me behind MM and Sopranos.
Arnie, fuck Walking Dead. Go for Deadwood, only 3 series and you can pick it up for 30 quid or so somewhere. Probably the best show I've ever seen
Good plan, I'll do that. Been meaning to watch Deadwood.

Can't say I agree with the Homeland wankoff. Thought it was a competent to good show but it meandered for far too long. I saw a scene as gripping in the first episode of BB season 4 as I did in the finale of Homeland. BB obviously has an advantage in that regard because I've built an attachment to the characters.

jtb

Banned
Hated the ending.

I liked the ending. I hated the... tenth? eleventh? ep
You'd know it when you saw it.
... that was a cop out and probably unnecessary. As for the ending, I thought it was intense, suspenseful, and even if the last scene was a tad bit disappointing (because of how cliche it is), from what I've read about S2, I have faith in the writers that they won't turn this into another Heroes situation.

God Heroes was so good, then so very very shitty.

Kyoufu

Kyoufu, I'm going to go buy Dragon's Dogma today. I shall be sharing your excitement soon.

I recommend using some decent level pawns to make your life a little easier. Hope your friends on PSN have the game too.

But yeah. Great game. Highly recommended to anyone who would like to play an open world RPG with great combat.

Fry

BB season 4 is a B/B+ show. Homeland season 1 is a solid A.

I'm worried about S2 though, not sure they can pull it off again. =(

+1 on deadwood.

If you are commenting about television shows and haven't watched deadwood, then you have no right to comment.

I'll start Deadwood this week.

But it's worth watching TWD, too, Arnie.

I liked the ending.

Me too, I thought the finale was the best episode of the season.

Salvadora

I liked the ending. I hated the... tenth? eleventh? ep
You'd know it when you saw it.
... that was a cop out and probably unnecessary. As for the ending, I thought it was intense, suspenseful, and even if the last scene was a tad bit disappointing (because of how cliche it is), from what I've read about S2, I have faith in the writers that they won't turn this into another Heroes situation.

God Heroes was so good, then so very very shitty.

I know exactly what you mean about that episode, and completely agree.

GorillaJu

I recommend using some decent level pawns to make your life a little easier. Hope your friends on PSN have the game too.

But yeah. Great game. Highly recommended to anyone who would like to play an open world RPG with great combat.

You mean borrow/rent pawns from the lobby system thing? I know almost nothing going in.

Like I've said numerous times, I've spent close to $100 and probably won't play any of these games.

I've managed to stop myself buying stuff I've already completed just in case I want to play it again someday. Progress right there.

edit: although that's not entirely true because I caved and bought Blood Money again :(

I've managed to stop myself buying stuff I've already completed just in case I want to play it again someday. Progress right there.

edit: although that's not entirely true because I caved and bought Blood Money again :(

I bought the Hitman pack as well today. I'm getting Windows 7 this week so I can use bootcamp on my mac and hopefully start plowing through some of these games. I'm going to hook my MBP up to my tv, hook up my xbox controller and go to town!

Also, less then a week until I get to see Villa play!!! I can't wait!!!

K1LLER7

You mean borrow/rent pawns from the lobby system thing? I know almost nothing going in.

Its free if you use your friends pawns. if not, pawns you want to rent which are at a higher level than your main character, you'll have to pay for with Rift Crystals. Everythings explained when you get started :)

GorillaJu

Its free if you use your friends pawns. if not, pawns you want to rent which are at a higher level than your main character, you'll have to pay for with Rift Crystals. Everythings explained when you get started :)

I see! So which of you JTs wants to be my friend? None of my friends have DD.

Messi

What do you think of Meghan Markle? My new waifu.

tumblr_m124s3quGW1qmm8t3o1_500.gif

I'll be in my bunk.

FUCK, I like her. She is hot.

Arnie

I miss A Song of Ice and Fire. Might go for a re-read and blast through the show again. Series 3 should make our brains melt.

Arnie

Can't see myself re-reading A Song Of Ice And Fire until The Winds Of Winter is out, At the very least. It would just be too much.
I'll probably wait too.

I'm about to order the first two Dark Tower books. I know they get a lot of stick but they're pretty essential fiction, or so I'm told. I'll have a lot of free time over the coming weeks to dig into them.

Salvadora

I'll probably wait too.

I'm about to order the first two Dark Tower books. I know they get a lot of stick but they're pretty essential fiction, or so I'm told. I'll have a lot of free time over the coming weeks to dig into them.

The Dark Tower books are definitely on my list although its always quite intimidating to start a new series of that length.

I'll probably wait too.

I've read the first one, and it was interesting. I wasn't quite sold on the series after the first, but it was intriguing enough that I'm willing to continue. I guess each successive book gets better. Additionally, if you have read other King novel's you'll get more out of it (which I haven't because I don't like horror).

Also, I still need to finish ADWD. I got to the part where; don't read if you haven't read A Dance with Dragons;
Tyrion died(?) I'm skeptical

snoopen

The actor who plays Louis pretty much plays the same character in every show he's in yet it never gets old.
Yeah I saw him in an ep of csi Miami.. Identical characters.
Watching the MLS motw NY vs Seattle and I'm impressed by the quality of the league.. It has improved a lot since the last time I watched a game.. Henry is still masterclass.

Arnie

I've read the first one, and it was interesting. I wasn't quite sold on the series after the first, but it was intriguing enough that I'm willing to continue. I guess each successive book gets better. Additionally, if you have read other King novel's you'll get more out of it (which I haven't because I don't like horror).

Also, I still need to finish ADWD. I got to the part where; don't read if you haven't read A Dance with Dragons;
Tyrion died(?) I'm skeptical
Keep going.
5 mins in season 5 of BB and I have a huge boner
Can't wait. I'll blitz season four in 48 hours.

Salvadora

Shame we'll be waiting years for the next book. Hopefully the HBO series will hurry him up, although I didn't have to wait for anywhere near the amount of time others did for ADWD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom