• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

:(

It really should be Wed 13+ / Thur 10+ / Fri 5+ / Weekend all

Aye, anticipating guff seats, which I might not even bother with. If I can't get a ticket in the Kop then I'm abandoning and trying for a different match. When money's as tight as it is now, I can't just go spunking away cash on tickets in the Centenary, etc.

I had a thought that it should just go from 13, then drop each day until eventually it's free for any member to purchase. It's only a two week period, and the increments mean that despite the long time period, tickets won't be flying off each day. Server load will be a lot more manageable too.

On the plus side by the time this comes around next year I'll have finished my degree and, fingers, toes and bollocks crossed, I may have a full time job. If that's the case then I'd have a whole lot more income to throw around. I could well be dossing about / working at WHSmiths though.

I am so happy to see Villa back training :) Oh and what the hell Alexis, those shorts are very small...
Nice and naughty.

Good to see Villa back.

dc89

Can't beat your upload
but no one cares about upload speed

2066552562.png

Wow.

M'Vila to Arsenal is still on, I dont know what the hold up is tbh. Hoping it dont fall through last minute..

Also, I can confirm Ganso is wanted by the Gunners. Dont think any official enquiries have been made but they do "officially" want him and it isnt just a rumour..

Thanks! Never seen Ganso play tbh, but he's pretty good on FIFA ;)

The one that began with a standalone nutella comment made me laugh. You could see Kolarov doing the mental gymnastics trying to wrap his head around it.
:lol yeah, you can see they find it difficult enough understanding some of the language nevermind somebody throwing in nutella curve balls.

Kozak

Banned
Also, Fenerbahce v Newcastle friendly this saturday. Should be a good laugh :D

Gokhan Tore is likely gone from Hamburg. Wonder who will buy him?

Would definitely think GS...

A few of their players seem to think its their time to win the champions league..

dc89

Whaaaaaat!?
How is this shit even possible?
I'm sitting on 5MB D/L :(
How much do you guys pay per month (if you don't mind me asking?)

Not sure seeing as my GF's mum pays their phone bill.

All I know is by upgrading to Infinity they now save £9 a month of their bill, not a introductory offer either.

Zabojnik

Just watched Conte's first press conference. God, I'm so fucking pumped for the new season. I love this man. It took him all but 2 minutes to make me a Giovinco believer again and Lucio now seems like the best transfer ever made, haha. Cannot fucking wait.

photo-43617.jpg

Arnie

Just watched Conte's first press conference. God, I'm so fucking pumped for the new season. I love this man. It took him all but 2 minutes to make me a Giovinco believer again and Lucio now seems like the best transfer ever made, haha. Cannot fucking wait.
I'm eyeing up the new Juve shirt on Soccer Triads, but they don't ship until mid august. If I do get one I'll get Delps on the back regardless.

Damn. I wonder how much we're paying, only getting 10Mbps. I say only, it's more than enough really, very rarely feel like my internet isn't fast enough..

100Mbps...that's just, wow.

Fry

My internet speed is 10 MB, which means my downloads come at 1MB.

I'm fine with that. It's usually very expensive around here anyway.

Going to see my local MLS club play Aston Villa this week, should I be scared?
We did beat a Shalke this year (mind you it was a friendly and Im sure they didnt play all to hard plus didnt play full starters for all 90) and we tied Everton last year (same thing, friendly with no Howard at all)
So we arent to incredibly bad :)

I just go to remember to keep my language family friendly, after this weekends game and my enocounter with an irrate dad cause I said "shit". To be honest, this whole anti-cursing in MLS is making it kinda killing it for me.

I just cant wrap my head around "staying calm". I watch soccer at home and my dog bites me a million times cause I'm constantly springing to my feet yelling vulgarity at my TV lol.

I'll add some pics if you guys would like later in the week.

Hey! I'll be there too! But, I'll be in the Aston Villa supporters section. It should be a good game. We'll probably come out with a lot of younger players, and a few senior squad players. This will be my first time seeing Aston Villa play so I'm really excited. :)

If Vlaar does come I wonder who'll be moved on. Dunne or Collins? Hopefully both.

Everything I've read suggests it is Collins who makes his way out.

Who's underrating Busquets? Why do people keep saying that? I don't know anyone who is out there saying he isn't good, or who isn't saying he is an important player to both club and country? People need to stop calling him underrated.

Wilbur

Banned
Who's underrating Busquets? Why do people keep saying that? I don't know anyone who is out there saying he isn't good, or who isn't saying he is an important player to both club and country? People need to stop calling him underrated.

Forum is different than general public I suppose. You see so many opinion pieces and articles praising Xavi and Iniesta to high heavens, but Busquets is as vital a part of that midfield for me.

Messi

Go outside and talk to people about busi, most people either know him as a diver or the no name player who makes up the last bit of barca's mid field. GAF is not a representation of the outside world.

dc89

Please give a warm welcome and a follow to our very own midfield magician David Silva! His official Twitter can be found @21lva #MCFC
@mcfc

YES! YES! YES!

Fady K

I think the first game is the week before the premier league starts

Good luck and I hope you guys come back next season, keanless.

Quoting this just because. My favourite ever player. I really wish he had been part of a title-winning Chelsea team, the man deserved it.

Seriously, about four of my Chelsea shirts have his name on the back, three of them came after he retired. Got a signed painting on my wall as well.

*bows*

...I'll stop fanboying now.

I wonder who the next Chelsea megastar will be with Drogba now gone.

lol PSN: K1LLER__SeVeN

Double Underscore after killer :)

Adding you up man, didn't know you were on PSN!

Hello guys! :D

Welcome back and stay safe mister.

How's it hanging, bro?

Bane's mask fits perfectly on your avatar haha.

timthumb.php

I am so happy to see Villa back training :) Oh and what the hell Alexis, those shorts are very small...

Been far too long. Gone for half the darn season :[ Miss his deadly strikes.

Please give a warm welcome and a follow to our very own midfield magician David Silva! His official Twitter can be found @21lva #MCFC
@mcfc

YES! YES! YES!

About time : ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom