• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

Missed the underrated Biscuits talk but yeah, if he wasn't a monumental JT, he'd be one of my favourite players. The best in his world in that position and potentially one of the best ever.

£100 for Virgin (which includes TV+sports+movies in 2 rooms, and unlimited calls or something on the landline)

Virgin are doubling to 60mbps free of charge in the next few months, the beautiful bastards.

I'm paying Virgin £23.30 (half price for 6 months) for 100/120 Mb broadband and calls. Feels good man.
Stupid ping.

Not sure seeing as my GF's mum pays their phone bill.

All I know is by upgrading to Infinity they now save £9 a month of their bill, not a introductory offer either.

BT's Fibre Optic. I think it's overpriced (40 a month) :/

BT Infinity is £26 a month, recently BT doubled their speeds from 40mb to 80mb.

Cheers for the answers fellas.
I'm definitely doing something wrong!
£10 a month gets me this:

Day off tomorrow so I'm definitely gonna have a scout around and switch.
Sky are shit anyway so would've ended up doing it sooner or later.
I'll give Virgin and BT a ring to see how their service is in my area :)

Mad Men fans, (I'll spoiler in case anybody hasn't watched season 5 yet)

Pete Campbell getting his bag rolled by Lane Pryce. Hilarious! Pete really does annoy me the wee knob.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's cool you got Pogba.
Who?
Just watched Conte's first press conference. God, I'm so fucking pumped for the new season. I love this man. It took him all but 2 minutes to make me a Giovinco believer again and Lucio now seems like the best transfer ever made, haha. Cannot fucking wait.
"I’m happy with those who have arrived, but there is still work to be done. /striker "

I hope Marotta is listening.

I think 69 is Wilbury's number but that looks sweet.

Would actually be tempted to get Yurt on the back.

I'd love to be on your back, Arnie.
5p6RQ.gif
Am I doing it right Wilbury?

Kyoufu

Cheers for the answers fellas.
I'm definitely doing something wrong!
£10 a month gets me this:

Day off tomorrow so I'm definitely gonna have a scout around and switch.
Sky are shit anyway so would've ended up doing it sooner or later.
I'll give Virgin and BT a ring to see how their service is in my area :)

Change ISP asap. That upload is shocking :p

rififi

Missed the underrated Biscuits talk but yeah, if he wasn't a monumental JT, he'd be one of my favourite players. The best in his world in that position and potentially one of the best ever.

This past Euro it didn't seem he was as much a JT as usual, but personally, I find most people either underrate him or overrate him. He is still one of the best defensive midfielders playing right now, but I wouldn't necessarily say he is the absolute best. He is still young though, so he has time to improve.

Carbonox

Transfer muppetry gwaning:

West Ham have bid 15m for Carroll.

Newcastle have bid 13m.

Who will win? YOU DECIDE.

In all reality, it will most likely be Newcastle.

1. Who the fuck wants to play for West Ham unless you want an STD (or have one and need fellow infected to relate to).
2. Newcastle like to offer cash up front (the whole fee usually) for purchases which is always tempting for clubs on the receiving end. Dunno if West Ham do that but see number 1.
3. See number 1 anyway.

/transfer muppetry

In all realism, Newcastle have said they are in no rush to complete any deal for him and I doubt Liverpool will sell for less than 15m anyway. There's still a good chance Carroll won't go anywhere until January at least, I think. Who knows how he would perform if given the first half of next season.

Carbonox

One of the journos said Newcastle's offer included LFC still paying 50% of his wages for the loan year.

Piss take of an offer really.

Yeah, not cool. 80k Carroll is on which he most certainly wouldn't get here if he does join permanently. Still, Carroll wants to go to Newcastle anyway so he'd probably be willing to take a cut.

Arnie

One of the journos said Newcastle's offer included LFC still paying 50% of his wages for the loan year.

Piss take of an offer really.
It's a joke. Give us £15 million and you can have him, for me. In this current market we can buy a far better player for our system than Andy Carroll for £15 million.

Andy Carroll is on 80k a week? Woah, that was a big splurge from Liverpool. I thought he'd be on 50k or something similar. If that is true Liverpool will do well to get rid of him. I seriously think they're better off keeping him, hoping he can play a little bit like he did at the end of the season and then there should be enough interet for somebody to pay £10-£15m for him.

It seems like the decision has been made that he isn't part of the long term plan there anymore so it's just about maximising his appeal. Can't see anybody paying £15m for him right now.

Meier

Watched two episodes of that White Collars.

It's pretty good!

It started out good but we kinda gave up on it during season 3. Canceled my season pass on DVR for this upcoming one.

So the Mirror are suggesting City will be the ones who ultimately sign Niang. I'm all for it. Will make FM wonderkid signing even easier!

Baye watch: Manchester City primed to sign French starlet Niang from Caen

The Champions look set to beat Arsenal and Tottenham for the 17-year-old's signature after Brian Marwood invited him to the club for talks

Manchester City are ready to win the race for French sensation M’Baye Niang - and snatch him away from Arsenal and Tottenham.

City supremo Brian Marwood has personally approached Niang’s club Caen with a request for Niang to come for talks this week after the teenager spent a few days with the Gunners.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfer-news-mbaye-1144079

West Ham have bid 15m for Carroll.

If you believe everything you read in the papers. Or on twitter. We don't have that sort of cash to splash around on any one player, nor pay his ridiculous wages, and if we are in for Carroll it will probably be a loan at half wages or nothing, unless the Daves want to further dip into their personal fortunes.

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
1. Who the fuck wants to play for West Ham unless you want an STD (or have one and need fellow infected to relate to).

...really?

Meier

Hah! That seems a little misguided in this instance since City haven't spent a dime on any transfers yet while Spurs have splashed the cash.

Apparently Mick McCarthy is set to become the Nottingham Forest manager. They were meant to have a friendly versus my hometown team (Orlando City) this week but their US tour was canceled due to the management change.

Kyoufu and co will be happy to hear that Vurnon Anita is apparently pressuring Ajax to sell him to Newcastle.

Carbonox

I think what Carbonox meant was, Carroll wouldn't want to play for West Ham.

Might be a good move for him. Who knows what he caught during his binging at music festivals!

Ok ok ok ok I'll stop with the childish remarks.

In other news, I've finished work. Feels like it was only 2 hours that it was 8am. Damn this week will go so fast. Perfect as TDKR this Friday!

Bumhead

Banned
Transfer muppetry?

We are "monitoring the situation" with Joey Barton at QPR with a view to taking him on loan.

Transfer muppetry.

Arnie

Transfer muppetry?

We are "monitoring the situation" with Joey Barton at QPR with a view to taking him on loan.

Transfer muppetry.
The best thing for Barton is for him to go away, disappear off the Premier League radar, boss the Championship with a team like Wednesday, earn a load of fan support and help them get up to the Prem.

City snatching from our hands again? He was training with us for the last few days too.

I think they're trying to get in the Guinness book of records for causing the largest simultaneous emotional breakdown. It's starting to get to me now.

Bumhead

Banned
Barton won't play in lower leagues though.

Well he should probably consider it. He's running out of Premier League clubs to take a chance on him. He's pretty much shit on his base level as it is as far as the Premier League is concerned. What with managing to find a club desperate enough and with more money than sense to take him on in the first place, and somehow managing to upset them at the end as well.

The best thing for Barton is for him to go away, disappear off the Premier League radar, boss the Championship with a team like Wednesday, earn a load of fan support and help them get up to the Prem.

Yep, his well has surely run dry as far as the top flight is concerned. But if he wants to use a club to rebuild his career and reputation then he can fuck off and do it elsewhere. He'll fit in well at Elland Road.

jtb

Banned
noooo Niang :( Why the hell would you go to City?!?!?!? Him and Sanogo were true FM legends, instant purchases for any low rep team :'(

Carbonox

Newcastle line-up against Monaco:

Newcastle United (4-4-2): Steve Harper; Davide Santon, Danny Simpson, Mike Williamson, Jonas Gutierrez; Romain Amalfitano, Mehdi Abeid, Gael Bigirimana, Sammy Ameobi; Shola Ameobi, Demba Ba

Substitutes: Rob Elliot, James Tavernier, Ryan Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini, James Perch, Dan Gosling, Cheick Tiote, Sylvain Marveaux, Gabriel Obertan, Haris Vuckic

Not even trying with an intelligent formation. :lol

jtb

Banned
from a certain banned paper:

Walcott has just a year to run on his contract with the Gunners and could follow Robin van Persie's lead by seeking a move away from the Emirates Stadium if the club does not boost his wages to £100,000 per week.l

jesus christ. 15m is a decent price tag too, was hoping for anything over 10m tbh. sell sell sell!

Arnie

jesus christ. 15m is a decent price tag too, was hoping for anything over 10m tbh. sell sell sell!

I've heard we're interested but I guarantee you now there's no way we'd pay over £10 million for a player with a year to run on his contract. Mark my words, those ships have sailed.

Totally agree, as soon as a player makes demands like this it's time to go.

We need get rid of them soon though, replacements need to be bought and ingratiated into the squad in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom