• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Walcott still a target for Liverpool? Yes please, you can take him and his inconsistent displays to Anfield so we can develop the more talented Chamberlain.

bjaelke

A close pal of Carroll told the Chronicle last night: “Newcastle are interested – and Andy wants to come home. He’s already told Liverpool that too.

“From a professional point of view Andy is miffed that he wasn’t given the chance to show what he can do in front of new manager Brendan Rodgers.

“He was expecting to get at least pre-season to show what he could offer him.

“He ended last season on a high and wanted to continue that.”
He's been training with the team and is participating in the US tour. Isn't that all the chance you can hope for in pre-season?

I google searched Newcastle Ch[ronicle] and auto complete suggested Newcastle Champions League :lol

PaulLFC

Heads up LiverpoolGAF, auto cup ticket scheme is up for members today.

Just got mine, all 3 competitions in the Kop. Much easier than I expected and loads of seats left.

Salazar

Npfpj.jpg

Carragher leaving Adam in his wake.

PaulLFC

Our tour squad:

Charlie Adam, Daniel Agger, Alberto Aquilani, Jamie Carragher, Joe Cole, Jon Flanagan, Adam Morgan, Stephen Sama, Brad Smith, Suso, Andy Carroll, Peter Gulacsi, Brad Jones, Glen Johnson, Daniel Pacheco, Lucas Leiva, Jose Enrique, Stewart Downing, Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Jonjo Shelvey, Martin Skrtel, Jay Spearing, Raheem Sterling, Danny Wilson, Martin Kelly, Krisztian Adorjan, Fabio Borini, Nathan Eccleston, Jordon Ibe, Ryan McLaughlin, Andre Wisdom, Danny Ward, Jack Robinson.

Carbonox

Southampton have signed a player called Guly. A Brazilian, naturally. I wonder how you pronounce this name? Goo-lee? Or Julie?

:lol

bjaelke

Yeah it's fairly entertaining.
Our tour squad:

Charlie Adam, Daniel Agger, Alberto Aquilani, Jamie Carragher, Joe Cole, Jon Flanagan, Adam Morgan, Stephen Sama, Brad Smith, Suso, Andy Carroll, Peter Gulacsi, Brad Jones, Glen Johnson, Daniel Pacheco, Lucas Leiva, Jose Enrique, Stewart Downing, Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Jonjo Shelvey, Martin Skrtel, Jay Spearing, Raheem Sterling, Danny Wilson, Martin Kelly, Krisztian Adorjan, Fabio Borini, Nathan Eccleston, Jordon Ibe, Ryan McLaughlin, Andre Wisdom, Danny Ward, Jack Robinson.

Really bums me out that I'm going to miss the tour. Thought I had managed to convince my gf to go but she'd rather spend the holiday in Corsica and Sardinia.

Going to see my local MLS club play Aston Villa this week, should I be scared?
We did beat a Shalke this year (mind you it was a friendly and Im sure they didnt play all to hard plus didnt play full starters for all 90) and we tied Everton last year (same thing, friendly with no Howard at all)
So we arent to incredibly bad :)

I just go to remember to keep my language family friendly, after this weekends game and my enocounter with an irrate dad cause I said "shit". To be honest, this whole anti-cursing in MLS is making it kinda killing it for me.

I just cant wrap my head around "staying calm". I watch soccer at home and my dog bites me a million times cause I'm constantly springing to my feet yelling vulgarity at my TV lol.

I'll add some pics if you guys would like later in the week.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We did beat a Shalke this year (mind you it was a friendly and Im sure they didnt play all to hard plus didnt play full starters for all 90) and we tied Everton last year (same thing, friendly with no Howard at all)
So we arent to incredibly bad :)

I just go to remember to keep my language family friendly, after this weekends game and my enocounter with an irrate dad cause I said "shit". To be honest, this whole anti-cursing in MLS is making it kinda killing it for me.

I just cant wrap my head around "staying calm". I watch soccer at home and my dog bites me a million times cause I'm constantly springing to my feet yelling vulgarity at my TV lol.

I can't even stay calm playing FIFA, how am I supposed to stay calm watching 11 uncontrolled players do stupid shit IRL :p

Do you keep it family friendly when you watch basketball/other sports?

I'll add some pics if you guys would like later in the week.

Deal ;)

Probably not. Aston Villa are hardly a scary opponent and Aston Villa in their early start of their pre season shouldn't be that crazy either. :p

Why is there a giant ball bag kicking a football?

Why not?
Testicle cancer something i think

Not as bad as this
4WnZk.jpg

I can't even stay calm playing FIFA, how am I supposed to stay calm watching 11 uncontrolled players do stupid shit IRL :p

A friend broke the analogue stick on one of my dualshock a few weeks back when playing fifa against me, the fucker couldn't handle the Lukaku. Playing online against someone I can easily keep calm, but getting each other worked up playing fifa against people in the same room is just fantastic, even if it ends with broken stuff and neighbours asking why the fuck you are screaming like monkeys.

elseanio

Heads up LiverpoolGAF, auto cup ticket scheme is up for members today.

Just got mine, all 3 competitions in the Kop. Much easier than I expected and loads of seats left.

What the fuck are they charging 25p for? Was only going to get Europa this season, but they're including the qualifiers. Cheers for the heads up though, since I've had no email from LFC informing me about sales.

dc89

So I signed to Netflix.

I've tried the DNS switch on my Xbox to access the US catalog and it didn't work. Do I have to change the DNS on the router itself?

dc89

Transfer Central on Twitter believe Capello is the new Russia coach.

---

Next Gen Series groups announced NOW!

GROUP TWO: Manchester City - Juventus FC - Fenerbahce - Paris St. Germain

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom