• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are playing a diamond midfield?

Right now, it's a 4312:

----Carrick--Scholes
--------Lingard
------------------
--------Berbasex
---Chicharito---Kiko

Fergie loves his wingers, so I'm guessing he'll play Rooney as a false-nine with Nani and Valencia hugging or cutting in from the touchline against the bigger teams. And stick with the half-diamond in midfield, with Kagawa pretty far forward at the tip. A more traditional 433/451:

--Carrick--Scholes
-------------------
AV7--Kagawa---Nani
-------Rooney

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We're playing Stevenage tonight. It's not being televised though. Spurs XI played some other team a few days ago and Grant Hall played for us. Looks like we've signed him for Brighton.

5'10 and anywhere between 10-11 stone depending on the time of the year. Pretty short compared to some of you guys. Wes and Messi should form a tag team! Jeff could be their manager.

Just saw the team:

Carlo, Walker, Kaboul, Daws, Naughton, Bentley, Lennon, Jenas, Livermore, Pienaar, Kane

New boys on the bench.

dc89

Very nice play from Lingard there.

Lingaard wow, looking good.

I wonder how longer United can keep him now they have De Gea. He has openly said he doesn't want to be benched.

He's a class keeper too.

tumblr_lxjuzgrYl11qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

kharma45

I wonder how longer United can keep him now they have De Gea. He has openly said he doesn't want to be benched.

He's a class keeper too.

Jesse Lingard, not Lindegaard I presume they're talking about, having been watching though for the last minute or two.

Clegg

I'm not watching the game but are United actually playing with no wingers? Is it a 4-3-1-2 formation?

Its been a while since I've seen a United team with no wingers in the starting 11.

I'm not watching the game but are United actually playing with no wingers? Is it a 4-3-1-2 formation?

Its been a while since I've seen a United team with no wingers in the starting 11.
Yep, no wingers.

Mmm, Nando's adverts. I really want a Nando's now..

Feorax

Brendan Rodgers has comfirmed we have made an enquiry about Clint Dempsey.

Also made a very bold statement re Carroll;

"To consider a loan period for someone the club spent £35million on isn't something we're looking to do at this moment in time.

"Andy will be the same as every other player - if there's ever an offer that comes in we'd look at it as a club and see if it's going to be worthwhile for the club and the team as a whole.

"The club invested £35million in him. People talk about whether he can fit into my style or not, but if you're a club and you spend £35million on a player you'd like to think he can fit into whatever style the team plays."

No pressure Andy...

K1LLER7

Berba looking good at AM, having alot of the ball. If he stays we should use him there more often.

Lingaard seems a very good CM, has some similarities to Anderson before he got injured.

Clegg

@ManUtdStuff

Sao Paulo chief Marco Aurelio Cunha has conceded that Lucas Moura would be sold if United could up their bid by a few million.

Sao Paolo are just on the wind up now. Imo they are trying to start a bidding war for Lucas.

yeah they are having a good time. I am surprised bent is so into basketball and has some NBA buddies. Also Bannan looks damn sharp, lets hope he doesnt drink himself into lethargy again.

If he got himself into shape for this season, there is a good chance he snapped out of his partying and will focus on his football. I want to see more Clark, Weimann, and Gardner this year as well.

Brinbe

Sao Paolo are just on the wind up now. Imo they are trying to start a bidding war for Lucas.

Yep, we've seen this exact situation so many times before...

And I'm liking Berba's current role quite a lot. Fits the strengths of his game fairly well. I actually hope we keep him now.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Alineación México: Corona; Jiménez; Reyes; Chávez; Herrera; Salcido; Aquino; Dos Santos; Peralta; Fabián y Vidrio. DT. L.F. Tena
Alineación España: De Gea; Montoya; Íñigo; Domínguez; Alba; Koke; Isco; Mata; Martínez; Adrián y Tello. DT. L. Milla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom