• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

elseanio

This is me 2 years ago, don't think I've changed much

ib2DxqpSCCE0dl.PNG

GQman2121

Banned
Goddamn you and your youtube videos Yurt!

In other happier news, I'll be at Yankee Stadium August 8th for RMadrid vs AC Milan! Anyone else going? I can't wait! This will be my second time watching Madrid play.

I'll be there on Sunday to hopefully see the Verratti/Ibra/Silva show.

edit: Since we're throwing out figures, I'm 5'7, 175 lbs. I would most likely be suited for the Makelele role, but in my mind, I think I'm Neymar and would likely give results like Bendtner. :(

Sleepy

How easy is it to meet players before/after the game? If it is anything like American sports-- pretty impossible unless you have a pass or some shit.

Macheda can't be on the wing can he?

He is pretty diabolical there. Maybe a 4-3-3 with three strikers? But he'd still be cutting in. Lingard can play on the wing, although he's usually an attacking midfielder. Who knows. It's just pre-season - there'll be plenty of rotation.

LegoArmo

How easy is it to meet players before/after the game? If it is anything like American sports-- pretty impossible unless you have a pass or some shit.

I think if you stick around, after the game, and get down the front, you could probably meet a couple. It's just luck though.

Edit: In pre-season, not at competitive games.

I'm 6'2" and weigh just north of 250lbs currently. I've been losing weight thanks to strict dieting. My pants are already starting to fall down and I need a new belt. Also, while it may be funny to hear a bigger guy saying this, don't put to much faith into BMI. It doesn't account for Muscle vs Fat. Just because you have a low BMI doesn't mean your healthy and vice versa, it's a silly stat.

And going off what GQ said, I like to think I'd be ideal for a Xabi Alonso or M'Vila role, but would probably most excel at CB.

Listening to The xx's new single, pretty cool teaser for the album. Excited for it, Sep 10th! I hardly listen to particular bands anymore these days...but The xx, Killers and Bloc Party all have albums coming up soon which I can't wait for!

Edit - Whoops, forgot Passion Pit too!

I was listening to the Passion Pit album yesterday. I like it!

Pics! We demand pics!!!!!!

There will certainly be lots of pictures. I'll be throwing them up on twitter as I take them, and hopefully my girlfriend will use her big-girl camera to take better pictures as well.

Sleepy

So going to a game expecting to get pics with your favorite player is a pipe-dream then. Managers? Do they ever have meet and greets?

So going to a game expecting to get pics with your favorite player is a pipe-dream then. Managers? Do they ever have meet and greets?
Pretty tough with anybody at the bigger teams tbh.

It is possible if you wait outside the ground, most players will sign a few autographs and take a few pics before they get onto the coach or drive home.

The "easiest" way is to get to a press event where they are attending.

rodvik

Friendlies are your best bet. Players often do open training so if you hang out near where they walk off you can get a handshake and a pic.

Tough to do in a competitive game though. They are usually very focused and often are zoned out from the crowd. its why you will often see managers have to remind players to acknowledge the fans. They are athletes who have just really put it all in and are just completely in the zone.

rodvik

Or you could do what Rodvik and I are doing and wait for the team to come to you! The best part is that they are doing a meet and greet here because it will be easier to control in the US than in the UK!

Indeed. if I get a wave from Lambert i will be happy enough.

Lambert, Lambert give us a wave!

West Ham have completed the signing of Malian international striker Modibo Maiga from French side FC Sochaux-Montbeliard.

iQjfVmH793nfZ.jpg

The 24-year-old, who is understood to have cost an initial £5million, signing on a four-year contract with an option for a further two years, told whufc.com: "I am really happy and excited about joining West Ham United.

"I know West Ham are a big club in England and I'm really looking forward to representing them. They have huge tradition and it is like joining part of a family and that is one of the main reasons I wanted to come here.

"I know some of the big names that have played for the club in the past and I am proud to be part of a new team back in the Premier League."

Glad to see us finally bring in another striker. No idea if this bloke's any good, but if he's a step up from Carlton I'll be happy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom