• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

If he got himself into shape for this season, there is a good chance he snapped out of his partying and will focus on his football. I want to see more Clark, Weimann, and Gardner this year as well.

I watched the Burton highlights. From what I saw bannan was beasting, clark great, weimann was ok and gardner was poor.

Just highlights. Folks who attended the match were all blown away by how good bannan was.

Messi

Can someone with a bit of time on their hands pm me some new avatar choices? My usual suspects are getting a bit stale (no Olivia Wilde jokes ok :p ). I am shit at making avatars plus I am on my phone. Help friends of FootyGAF :p

Empty

lol mutv are playing that hilarious advert with rooney, giggs and evra. can't stop laughing at rooney's terrible acting.

I watched the Burton highlights. From what I saw bannan was beasting, clark great, weimann was ok and gardner was poor.

Just highlights. Folks who attended the match were all blown away by how good bannan was.

I'd love to see El Ahmadi and Markoun in the center, with Bannan, N'Zogbia, and Ireland playing forward and Bent up front. I think we could see those three play fluidly in and out of all three spots. We do have Markoun back right?

---Markoun-El Ahmadi---
N'Zogbia-Ireland-Bannan
------------Bent------------

Hopefully we get another CB and FB (at least) in as well.

Lowton-Clark-Dunne-Lichaj

Wouldn't have minded Berbatov in this role, at times, last season. It's going to be tough seeing him go. Such a talented player.

Young players: Lingard's been genuinely impressive. Brady and Macheda assured, but not much beyond passengers. Veseli maybe lacks some composure, which is troubling considering the lax pressure.

:lol Rooney's acting.

Clegg

Judging by the comments here, is it safe to say that Berba is having a good game?

Its a shame that his best position is the one that Rooney likes playing in.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
¡Vamos México! So excited to see Gio and Marco Fabián together. Oribe has to put his shit up though. He's been disappointing in this pre-season.

L1NETT

Lee Dixon leaves the BBC for ITV - replacing Southgate.

Thank god. Couldn't stand Southgate :) Dixon is actually quite good, which sadly means we will have more Alan Shearer on MOTD.

Also, alright FootballGaf! First post here, so thought I should introduce myself.

UK, support the mighty Bradford FC! Come on you Bantams!

rodvik

I'd love to see El Ahmadi and Markoun in the center, with Bannan, N'Zogbia, and Ireland playing forward and Bent up front. I think we could see those three play fluidly in and out of all three spots. We do have Markoun back right?

---Markoun-El Ahmadi---
N'Zogbia-Ireland-Bannan
------------Bent------------

Hopefully we get another CB and FB (at least) in as well.

Lowton-Clark-Dunne-Lichaj

Good shout, You gotta nmake room for Holman up front though... :)

makoun isnt back, his work visa is held up because he dropped his english lessons, lol.

LegoArmo

Thank god. Couldn't stand Southgate :) Dixon is actually quite good, which sadly means we will have more Alan Shearer on MOTD.

Also, alright FootballGaf! First post here, so thought I should introduce myself.

UK, support the mighty Bradford FC! Come on you Bantams!

Welcome! I like your avatar.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Aurelio De Laurentiis (Napoli's owner) casually rocked up at the club's Dimàr summer retreat in a helicopter.

Lightning

Banned
Boris Becker says that RVP has signed a two year contract at Arsenal, how would he know.
My thoughts exactly. And the length of the contract is suspicious. This is RVP's last major contract so to only sign for 2 years doesn't seem to be a very good business decision unless arsenal are offering crazy money which doesn't seem to be our style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom