• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Raiola:
"The main reason why Ibra left Milan is because that PSG have a bigger project. It’s not difficult to understand. You don’t need to be a magician or very intelligent to understand that today PSG is a bigger reality and project than Milan.

Milan have a great history which PSG doesn’t have. But who can live on what happened in the past?

I don’t go for options, I go for targets. I see something I want and then I take it. This is where I wanted Ibra to be. City won the Premier League, but PSG didn’t win the Ligue 1. IMO, it’s more likely that PSG will win the CL than City."

Dear lord
I1PyT.gif
someone gag him
I1PyT.gif

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Salcido should be moved to the back. We are not competing in midfield anyway, there's no point in playing him as a holder.

Aquino has been great at the attack, but Javi Martínez has won him on every possible ball. I'd try playing Gio on the right and getting Ponce back at left.

Alreet fellas!

I was on holiday, returned and my PC had died. I tend not to post from the phone as it's a pain to type, however I've just found out that android phones have a drag type thing.

I didn't look at the bus Arnie, but I'll guess it was Suso?

Fantastic on the ball, very clever. Twice as lazy off it however. A prospect though.

Hate pre-seaon cos of games like that. What a bore and yet I watched it.

Nothing to note really...apart from the fact Anderson managed to look shit even against that opposition.

K1LLER7

Berba was great today (as was lingaard in the 1st half). Hope a clubs comes in for him and if not, Fergie should use him in a Attacking mid position when ever needed.

good run out for Petrucci, would've been great if he scored when he hit the post.

Kagawa better start the next match :(

Yeah KEA can play very well there.

Ok, then I have two ideas:

--Lowton--Clark--Lichaj--
-------------KEA------------
N'Zogbia-Gardner-Bannan
-----------Ireland-----------
--------Holman-Bent--------

Or, not as awesome crazy,

Lowton-Clark-Dunne-Lichaj
-------------KEA--------------
-------Gardner-Bannan------
-----------Ireland-------------
---------Bent-Holman--------

Then, once we get Markoun back, KEA moves to Gardner's spot, and Markoun takes KEA's spot.

Solved.

I feel dirty liking PSG now that they've signed Verratti. Still, considering getting a PSG jersey this year with Pastore.

About the RVP vs Jojo choice, I think what we need is the striker rather than the player who can penetrate the box. Yeah, a lot of the trouble we had last year was breaking down the opposition in the final third, but last year we also didn't have Giovinco. I'm with Zab. Spend the money, let's get the striker we need.

Raiola:

Dear lord
I1PyT.gif
someone gag him
I1PyT.gif

Well if Milan are ready to sell both Zlatan and Thiago Silva, surely that must be true. While the French league isn't that impressive it seems like there's a bigger chance of them winning their league and CL than Milan at the moment. Still Zlatan needs to go suck a fuck, then choke on it.

pulga

Banned
I feel dirty liking PSG now that they've signed Verratti. Still, considering getting a PSG jersey this year with Pastore.

About the RVP vs Jojo choice, I think what we need is the striker rather than the player who can penetrate the box. Yeah, a lot of the trouble we had last year was breaking down the opposition in the final third, but last year we also didn't have Giovinco. I'm with Zab. Spend the money, let's get the striker we need.

I feel the same way, the shirt looks like sex :(

How good was JoJo this season? He came back after a big injury, right?

Lingard and Petrucci looked good. We could be almost overstocked with attacking midfielders in a few years. Just need to develop or buy that young regista. A pity Pogba got Raiola'd.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
WoodenLung said:
Well if Milan are ready to sell both Zlatan and Thiago Silva, surely that must be true. While the French league isn't that impressive it seems like there's a bigger chance of them winning their league and CL than Milan at the moment. Still Zlatan needs to go suck a fuck, then choke on it..
I actually agree with him Wooden, it was just brutal
I1PyT.gif

It's basically a Serie A team isn't it?

Fuck this shit let's pay Arsenal whatever they want. I'm sure we'll manage without him if he gets injured, we'll throw that bukkake fella upfront or Matri and we'll survive.

Kyoufu

if only this was true :(

surely Newcastle can fork out £5m when you need a striker who can even play midfield.

I think age and possibly wages (what is he on now?) are the problem.

Another thing to note is, we probably don't want to sign any more MUFC rejects after Obertan/Smith.

Zabojnik

And I'll say something else. As much as I'm happy that we signed Asamoah and Isla, thus completing and future-proofing our midfield, our priority is (should have been?) signing a striker. If Marotta comes out saying 'we would have liked to sign Mister X, but they were asking too much' after he spent 35M€ on Kwadwo and Mauricio, plus I don't know how many millions more on various co-ownership deals ... well, he better find another fucking excuse. That one is not going to fly this summer.

How good was JoJo this season? He came back after a big injury, right?

He did, but was suffering from minor injuries all season long. He still managed to score 14 goals in 27 matches, which is a lot, considering how horrible Fiorentina's season has been. He's a world-class talent, that's for sure, the only thing holding him back is his health.

PSG is a really sexy team and I've admired them for a while. On the one hand, they've pillaged Serie A. My French team, all the same. Sentimentally, though, it should be AS Nancy. I met a Juventino in Nancy who owns a cafe there. He was great chat. :p

I'm all for blaming Marotta, but the problem if we can't sign a striker will be the market rather than his negotiating skills. The strikers we want aren't really available at a proper price. Yeah we spent a lot on Asamoah and Isla, not to mention Armero if we end up with him, but can we rationalize spending 50m on Cavani? Or 30m on a 22 y-o like Jojo? Buying from your rivals is expensive, guys.

jtb

Banned
If this is true how will arsenal fans who cast him out react?

How do you actually pronounce kagawa?

the worry was he wouldn't be replaced (edit: since Wenger loves not buying replacements... Flamini and Hleb, Adebayor, Cesc/Nasri and potentially RVP...). Giroud and Podolski are better than one RVP because that gives us some depth. If RVP stays and signs for another year on a cheap deal; great, but I still think it would be a far better use of funds to sell him now, get him off the wage bill, and find a world class midfielder and buy them ASAP. 3 strikers in a 4-5-1 is a disaster and a gigantic waste of funds, to say nothing of whether Bendtner, Chamakh and Park will be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom