• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So this is what JuveGAF felt when Juve Italy just couldn't touch the ball.

OB3UH.png

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs beating Stevenage 2-0. Sigurdsson and Falque with the goals. Damn it's good to have some club football again.

Messi

haha, I'm sure that as the PR spin of it, and the way a lot of the fans decided they'd rationalize it into liking him again. That made me actually lol.

I always felt it was like Dani Alves holding barca ransom for a much bigger contract last year/year before. He deserved a raise but not one past the likes of Xavi/iniesta.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
PSG is a really sexy team and I've admired them for a while. On the one hand, they've pillaged Serie A. My French team, all the same. Sentimentally, though, it should be AS Nancy. I met a Juventino in Nancy who owns a cafe there. He was great chat. :p

I'm all for blaming Marotta, but the problem if we can't sign a striker will be the market rather than his negotiating skills. The strikers we want aren't really available at a proper price. Yeah we spent a lot on Asamoah and Isla, not to mention Armero if we end up with him, but can we rationalize spending 50m on Cavani? Or 30m on a 22 y-o like Jojo? Buying from your rivals is expensive, guys.

I'm actually okay with paying 50m to Cavani :( Sign him, one midfielder and Lulcio and we're good. Hell I'm sure we can still afford him if we sell Krasic, Melo and the others but it's wishful thinking.

Zabojnik

PSG is a really sexy team and I've admired them for a while. On the one hand, they've pillaged Serie A. My French team, all the same. Sentimentally, though, it should be AS Nancy. I met a Juventino in Nancy who owns a cafe there. He was great chat. :p

Was there a Platini picture in the cafe? :D

I'm all for blaming Marotta, but the problem if we can't sign a striker will be the market rather than his negotiating skills. The strikers we want aren't really available at a proper price. Yeah we spent a lot on Asamoah and Isla, not to mention Armero if we end up with him, but can we rationalize spending 50m on Cavani? Or 30m on a 22 y-o like Jojo? Buying from your rivals is expensive, guys.

50M on Cavani? No. 30M on Jojo? If that's whom Conte considers to be the WC striker we need, then YES. Enough with the Elias, the Krasics, the Martinez', etc. We now have enough players to compete in campionato, CL and coppa. Quantity we have, what we need now is pure quality. It's not gonna come cheap, but we knew that. That was the plan, right? Marotta's plan. Lay the foundation, then go for the talent. If not now, when?!

Who's this Jojo? Is that really his name? Or do you mean Jovetic.

He's Jovetic to you, Jojo or Frodo to us.

67b6c85d3f002e2ee83eb397b761a629-1267433531.jpeg

So this is what JuveGAF felt when Juve Italy just couldn't touch the ball.

The ball is round, my friend. The ball is round.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
50M on Cavani? No. 30M on Jojo? If that's whom Conte considers to be the WC striker we need, then YES. Enough with the Elias, the Krasics, the Martinez', etc. We now have enough players to compete in campionato, CL and coppa. Quantity we have, what we need now is pure quality. It's not gonna come cheap, but we knew that. That was the plan, right? Marotta's plan. Lay the foundation, then go for the talent. If not now, when?!

I'm all for Jojo <3 but is he really the striker we're looking for? 50 on Cavani would be overpaying but if that's what it takes to get a WC striker to Juve then fuck it :/ He's still going to earn half of RVPs salary.
I'm emotionally unstable after Verrattrayer

Edit: Did they really ask for 50M btw? I thought it was 40! Eh, it's not like they were ever going to sell him after selling Lavezzi. ADL knows better, unfortunately.

GQman2121

Banned
Is the deal done? And does anyone know why we put in a bid for Willian again? We're getting kind of stacked in midfield. Heard we're after Azpilicueta again as well, but that one makes sense.

Nothing official, but more than just SSN are saying that he had a medical today and that the work permit doesn't seem to be a problem. The £25m fee seems to have been accepted from Inter. And unlike the Lucas Moura story where the fee just keeps rising or is all over the place, there haven't been any articles outside of the initial £20m bid being turn-down that we made last week. So I think £25 is the number and he's our player after his Olympic obligations are fulfilled.

Manchester United IPO to launch next week.

Reuters claiming the IPO will launch next week with pricing to be set at the start of August. They say the club will look to raise $300m, about £190m - although that figure is still liable to change as and when demand shifts.

Though I remain sceptical about this I am starting to think they are pushing it so fast to get some cash into the club before the transfer window shuts. The previous plan was to launch after September and I can't think of another reason for this fast tracking.

Meier

According to the Daily Star Mourinho is set to offer £20m for Micah Richards. I'd hate to see him go since he's a City boy, but he's clearly behind Zaba in the pecking order right now and that probably cost him a spot in the Euros despite being a better player than numerous guys who went so I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to move.

Of course, in the same bit from them they suggest RVP is turning down £300k per week from Juventus. :lol

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/...manchester-city-daniel-agger-barcelona-071812

So, Perisic already returned to training two days early. This dude will explode this season.

It's pretty crazy to think about it, though. Götze, Reus, Kuba, Perisic, Großkreutz, Leitner, (Amini) and Bittencourt competing for 3 spots. Dat depth.

Meier

Thing with the Daily Star is...it's complete bollocks.

FAO dc89

Yeah, I know they're pretty low on the totem pole although I don't doubt some clubs are interested in Richards nor would I doubt that he might be interested in moving.

That revised numbers is at least slightly more believable although still probably total bullshit.

Clegg

Manchester United IPO to launch next week.

Reuters claiming the IPO will launch next week with pricing to be set at the start of August. They say the club will look to raise $300m, about £190m - although that figure is still liable to change as and when demand shifts.

Though I remain sceptical about this I am starting to think they are pushing it so fast to get some cash into the club before the transfer window shuts. The previous plan was to launch after September and I can't think of another reason for this fast tracking.

Sounds like the Glazers are desperate now. Rushing through this deal and for a lesser valuation than originally sought.

And I thought all the funds raised would go to pay off the debt? Can't see any transfer money coming available from this. Unless it frees up cash that was reserved to pay off debt.

Salvadora

So, Perisic already returned to training two days early. This dude will explode this season.

It's pretty crazy to think about it, though. Götze, Reus, Kuba, Perisic, Großkreutz, Leitner, (Amini) and Bittencourt competing for 3 spots. Dat depth.

We'll take Götze off your hands.

Sounds like the Glazers are desperate now. Rushing through this deal and for a lesser valuation than originally sought.

And I thought all the funds raised would go to pay off the debt? Can't see any transfer money coming available from this. Unless it frees up cash that was reserved to pay off debt.
Yeah I thought this was pretty desperate as it was but even more so now. Although in fairness the original valuation was most likely going to be ridiculous so a devaluation was on the cards. Still waiting to hear what the % sold will be. Even if they undervalued the club quite significantly at £1bn, raising the £300m would mean selling off less than 20%.

I was expecting they'd look to sell more than that. Anyhow, I guess we will find out. Agree, didn't originally think any of these funds would go towards transfers but just can't think of a reason why else they are rushing it through. There are possible reasons of course which we don't know about, debt repayment deadlines etc.

rodvik

Paying off the debt would most likely free up transfer funds imho. Good luck on the IPO. The glazers have messed up the club royally debt wise but if this works out then it will certainly be a nice boost for your club and ease that burden.

:O

I'd love someone to find out what the waiting list for a season ticket is at OT.
They were advertising them on MUTV during today's game ;)

I still don't understand your assault on the MUFC season ticket sales though. Even with a % remaining unsold, United's attendance record is pretty ridiculous across any sport in the world, I can only imagine 1/2 sports teams do better, if that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom