• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Yeah I thought this was pretty desperate as it was but even more so now. Although in fairness the original valuation was most likely going to be ridiculous so a devaluation was on the cards. Still waiting to hear what the % sold will be. Even if they undervalued the club quite significantly at £1bn, raising the £300m would mean selling off less than 20%.

I was expecting they'd look to sell more than that. Anyhow, I guess we will find out. Agree, didn't originally think any of these funds would go towards transfers but just can't think of a reason why else they are rushing it through. There are possible reasons of course which we don't know about, debt repayment deadlines etc.

This is what I'm thinking. I'm sure I read an article that said there were caveats in the bond agreement. Could face some harsh penalties.

So whatever you raise from the IPO is likely going to pay off some of the debt?
Almost all of the proceeds should go towards paying off the debt, yes.

I guess it remains to be seen how much money is raised. The question will then be, what happens to the funds which become accessible in the future. Lower debt will result in lower interest repayments/less debt buy-back...so for example, it could mean an extra £30m profit for the club next year. Does that money go towards reinvestment in the club or towards other things?

The IPO is only half the story.

dc89

They were advertising them on MUTV during today's game ;)

I still don't understand your assault on the MUFC season ticket sales though. Even with a % remaining unsold, United's attendance record is pretty ridiculous across any sport in the world, I can only imagine 1/2 sports teams do better, if that.

Wasn't there a 1M strong waiting list?

dc89

@MirrorFootball "SAF understood to have told footballing friends he believes RVP will be moving to OT, despite interest of #mcfc and Juve."
@mikekeeganmen

So Daily Mirror believe United will get RVP.

:lol

How on earth do they come up with these stories. I have heard of United's interest in RVP but I just do not see that happening and even more than that, I don't see Ferguson saying something like that after he got burned so bad with Nasri and Hazard in the past 12 months.

Edit - Woah, what's up with RVP's hair in that link lol.

I hope Hazard plays today! Sky Sports News were saying last week that Marin was playing so that should be good. Can not wait for the game to start even though I bet it will be boring!

Clegg

Would I like to see RVP at United? Of course, he's an excellent player.

But he's a 29 year old striker with a history of injuries. If we were able to keep him fit then he'd be an excellent addition. But we'd only get 3 or 4 good years out of him before his abilities start to decline. It just doesn't fit the bill for a United signing.

Didn't United lose a significant chunk of fans from the fallout of the Glazer take over, and a further chunk still over the years through price increases?
Prior to the take-over, the waiting list officially stood at 110,000.

Worth bearing in mind that at this stage OT's capacity was 10k less than it is now and ticket prices have more than doubled since the Glazer's took over.

So yeah, alot of fans have either left in demonstration, been priced out and of course the stadium has been expanded.

That's why I don't get where this 1m figure comes from =S

dc89

City's stadium was half empty in most games I watched of theirs last season. Even when the announcer said it was a sell out.

Well unless they fiddled with the online ticketing booking system we did sell out. We sold out of every PL home game.

Clubs these days DO "fiddle" with these sold out announcements. Saw countless games last year across the league where they said it was a sell out but plenty of seats were still clearly visible. Not sure how this comes about but it definitely happens.

Clegg

ibjcsoX9qto4iY.jpg

Ferguson is understood to have told footballing friends...

Manchester United believe they have won.....

Nothing to see here folks. This is exactly the kind of wishy washy language that tabloids use when they haven't a fucking clue whats really going on.

Gives them enough wriggle room when it turns out the story is complete rubbish.

rodvik

Nothing to see here folks. This is exactly the kind of wishy washy language that tabloids use when they haven't a fucking clue whats we really going on.

Sources indicate Rodvik is understood to have told GAF friends he is confident Clegg will become an Aston Villa fan as the disgruntled Clegg is looking for a move from ManU after only 5 minutes given to Kawaga during a pre season friendly.

#avfc

developing.....

siren.gif

Talon

And wow that is the worst .gif I have ever seen.

Would rather watch BME pain olympics, kids in a sandbox and meat spin.

Salvadora

And? Götze signed a new contract since then. There's no way he's leaving us without someone paying silly money (more that 40m) in the next few years.

I didn't mean he would leave for us anytime soon or at all. I just meant that obviously we wanted him quite a lot to make such a huge bid (for us).

dc89

Nothing to see here folks. This is exactly the kind of wishy washy language that tabloids use when they haven't a fucking clue whats really going on.

Exactly. They have to just make stuff up as no one is moving yet, or not that they can see.

That frigging day. I aged so much. I went up and down so many times!

Hixx

http://youtu.be/9snt77t0KCo

Warms my heart every time.

Footballers might be dumb but surely he got some basic geography knowledge.

"i bet if it was Sunderland 0-1 Manchester City, Manchester United 3-2 QPR and United won it - Sunderland fans wouldn't be behaving like this on City fans - fuck every club that hates MU - the description saying Sunderland fans tormenting man u fans - THE SUNDERLAND FANS AREN'T TORMENTING THEY'RE TRYING TO MURDER EVERY MAN U FAN/PLAYER WITH THE GUNS AND KNIVES THEY TOOK INTO THE STADIUM OF LIGHT INCLUDING THE UPLOADER OF THIS VID TOOK GUNS AND KNIVES AND TRIED TO KILL EVERY UNITED PLAYER/FAN"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom