• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

I have had literally more than half of my on-topic, non-inflammatory posts on RAWK deleted. I know I'm not on some kind of "invisible to others" mode because I can see other people quoting me to respond, but my original posts are nowhere to be found.

What the fuck is with the peanut-brained mods over there? It's not a fucking news aggregate, it's a forum. Can there not be one thread that is allowed to stray off of posting articles and responding directly to them? God damn...
I can understand the specific player threads wanting to be kept on topic, but the one I don't understand is the general transfer thread getting locked or Sigurdsson discussion getting deleted from it. If it's the general thread, it should be for any links with specific threads created for players we have more concrete interest in, surely? Plus Sigurdsson isn't confirmed as a Tottenham player yet so IMO is still up for discussion as a potential LFC target until either he signs for them or the club confirms we aren't signing him (which wouldn't happen as they wouldn't make that public).

GorillaJu

I want to watch but no understand any of it :(

I watched the first two (of four)... It's nothing super interesting - you can probably get most of it just by following the context. Nothing informative is said, just typical "I'm going to do my best," and Japanese people saying "I want Kagawa to do his best," etc.

He's a good guy, but like Honda he comes across quite cocky for a Japanese person. Though he's pretty funny. When he does the commentary for the table tennis championship in Dortmund that the Japanese girl is participating in, she says "thanks for taking the time even though I'm sure you're so busy," and he says "Uhh nope. My home is five minutes from here."

I don't want to hate Kagawa. But he's going to put on that god damn tablecloth and run around in Old Trafford every other week. Dammit. Everyone I've talked to here thinks it's a pretty big mistake for him, and that Arsenal would have been a much better fit. Why, Alex?? WHY?

Jacobs pretty much loved Lukaku blindly. He's kind of a yes man though, thus why most people here don't expect him to take many (any?) good players from Anderlecht with him. That's also why Anderlecht board loved him, he never asked for players and agreed to sell off their best players "because he understands how a football club works".

Yeah doubt he will take anyone from Anderlecths, but his knowledge of Belgian football will no doubt prove useful, take a few players from the Belgian league. He also already said that "understand how football clubs works" line here, haha. He seems pretty cool though and he expects to be talking Danish in a few weeks time, claims he has been able to speak it before but it was many gulf wars ago.

I have had literally more than half of my on-topic, non-inflammatory posts on RAWK deleted. I know I'm not on some kind of "invisible to others" mode because I can see other people quoting me to respond, but my original posts are nowhere to be found.

What the fuck is with the peanut-brained mods over there? It's not a fucking news aggregate, it's a forum. Can there not be one thread that is allowed to stray off of posting articles and responding directly to them? God damn...

What's your username on there?

Yeah doubt he will take anyone from Anderlecths, but his knowledge of Belgian football will no doubt prove useful, take a few players from the Belgian league. He also already said that "understand how football clubs works" line here, haha. He seems pretty cool though and he expects to be talking Danish in a few weeks time, claims he has been able to speak it before but it was many gulf wars ago.

Yeah he's a proper "gentleman", one of the nicest persons in football. Too nice people said, almost quit coaching when Witsel broke Wasilewski's leg a few years ago. He actually was a diplomat the UN in his previous life so he's pretty well versed in multiple languages. Not sure you'll enjoy his brand of football though lol but he's going to try win the league at least.

dc89

tlm_xl.jpg

Messi, can City rely on your monies this season depending if the shirts are cool?

bjaelke

Barcelona - United friendly in Sweden. I'm considering getting a couple of tickets for the game. It's either that or I'm going to see my local team play Wolfburg.

Kyoufu

Barcelona - United friendly in Sweden. I'm considering getting a couple of tickets for the game. It's either that or I'm going to see my local team play Wolfburg.

Tough choice.

Diablo 3 as a game was pretty bad IMO but the good thing was that I made 300 quid by selling ingame items on the RMAH. If only every game let you do that!

Just had a fucking biblical storm in Newcastle. Ceiling are collapsing, houses are flooding, the Metro Centre (biggest shopping mall in Europe) is flooding.

Crazy shit

Kyoufu

Oh wow, haha. How easy is it to make money?

Pretty easy once you're level capped and can start farming. They're increasing drop rates today so I'm not sure how that will affect the market.

I could have made even more if I sold my items sooner. Think I'll put the money towards a smartphone I was going to buy anyway. Galaxy S3 or wait for iPhone 5.

Just had a fucking biblical storm in Newcastle. Ceiling are collapsing, houses are flooding, the Metro Centre (biggest shopping mall in Europe) is flooding.

Crazy shit

Shola Ameobi must have scored a pre-season goal.

Slizz

Pretty easy once you're level capped and can start farming. They're increasing drop rates today so I'm not sure how that will affect the market.

I could have made even more if I sold my items sooner. Think I'll put the money towards a smartphone I was going to buy anyway. Galaxy S3 or wait for iPhone 5.

I'm gonna snatch up that Pebble Blue Galaxy S III this weekend hopefully.

Weather is beautiful down South. 25 degrees and a nice breeze. The Metro Centre is the biggest shopping centre in Europe? Do they still have the rollercoaster?

Carbonox

Just watched Warrior. Fantastic film and great performances all round.

That's awesome. I should get in on the act at some point in the future...

Arnie

Weather is beautiful down South. 25 degrees and a nice breeze. The Metro Centre is the biggest shopping centre in Europe? Do they still have the rollercoaster?

In the North West it's humid as fuck but the sky's a sheet of grey cloud.

EDIT: Sun's just peaked out. Nice.

Just watched Warrior. Fantastic film and great performances all round.
It's one of the cheesiest films I've ever seen.

The random night time meet on the beach, the fighting through a dislocated shoulder out of pure rage, the video circulating of him beating up that dickwad in the gym, as well as the video of him being a hero in Iraq.

I'd call it a fantastic shit film. Enjoyable, but bad at the same time.

Carbonox

In the North West it's humid as fuck but the sky's a sheet of grey cloud.

It's one of the cheesiest films I've ever seen.

The random night time meet on the beach, the fighting through a dislocated shoulder out of pure rage, the video circulating of him beating up that dickwad in the gym, as well as the video of him being a hero in Iraq.

I'd call it a fantastic shit film. Enjoyable, but bad at the same time.

I wasn't too keen on how it ended as I wanted to see how the outcome, especially where the family is concerned and what happens to the widow of Hardy's brother in arms. Nor was I entirely sucked in to the notion that these two guys meet in the final as the top 2 fighters of their class in the world. :lol But it's definitely a really enjoyable film

WJD

I'm in the Midlands/Southy bit at the moment visiting my girlfriend and it's fucking boiling. Pretty cloudy but my shirt's sticking to my back.

Arnie

I wasn't too keen on how it ended as I wanted to see how the outcome, especially where the family is concerned and what happens to the widow of Hardy's brother in arms. Nor was I entirely sucked in to the notion that these two guys meet in the final as the top 2 fighters of their class in the world. :lol But it's definitely a really enjoyable film

God stop reminding me how shit it was. It's terrible. How the fuck do these two nobodies just decide to become the two best UFC fighters in the world? It's ridiculous. That teacher was getting his ass kicked in car parks a few months prior.

And the ending when they just walked down the tunnel, arm in arm, was awful.

dc89

Crazy shit
Get your binoculars / telescope out. Are the Mackems and the Smoggies bathing in the rain, happy for the chance to wash?

Bumhead

Banned
Our match away at Brighton has been moved from a Saturday to Friday night because Brighton University are having a freshers day.

What. The. FUCK.

Get your binoculars / telescope out. Are the Mackems and the Smoggies bathing in the rain, happy for the chance to wash?

Sadly not. No rain in Scumberland so they'll have to fester in their own filth for a couple of months until the powers that be decide they pose a serious thread to the ozone layer and decide to give them a quick sprinkle.

Hixx

I don't think the Metro has the 'theme park' any more. But they've got an Imax screen which is infinitely better.

the fuck is this. scruffy manc.

madmackem

Sadly not. No rain in Scumberland so they'll have to fester in their own filth for a couple of months until the powers that be decide they pose a serious thread to the ozone layer and decide to give them a quick sprinkle.

Im sure all the charvers got their one and only item of clothing there toon top a wash today anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom