• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

doicare

Modrić = overrated

He's not worth 40 million let alone 30 million.

Per season he doesn't score or assist enough goals compared to the worlds best
He's not big, strong, good in the air or great at tackling
Whilst his passing is good, it statistically doesn't even put him in Europe's best 20 midfielders
His key passing stat only makes him the joint 10th best for last season

Modrić is good, just not 40 million good.

I feel a bit sorry for Beckham. I don't really understand why Bellamy is there when Giggs and presumably Bale will also be involved.

Sahin:

That will be £40m cash then.

I don't think those quotes are that recent. But I doubt he'll want to leave them. Hopefully they give him a bit of a push as they did with VDV.

Alba to Barca confirmed for 14m (euros I think).

Edit - Whoops, beaten.

Will fit in very well. Great player who links up with Iniesta very well and has got his diving routine down to a tee already.

Salazar

Will fit in very well. Great player who links up with Iniesta very well and has got his diving routine down to a tee already.

Gary Breen was fucking intolerable on the commentary. Pepe slammed his elbow into (I think) Arbeloa's collarbone, and Breen was off on one about how soft and theatrical the modern game is.

Looked like it actually really fucking hurt.

I'm gonna be real mad when we pay £15m for Baines. No value my ass.

Although we had no chance with Alba and Baines is somebody I do really like.

Kyoufu

Gary Breen was fucking intolerable on the commentary. Pepe slammed his elbow into (I think) Arbeloa's collarbone, and Breen was off on one about how soft and theatrical the modern game is.

Looked like it actually really fucking hurt.

Non-Sky Sports English commentators are the worst. Can't wait for the club season so I can listen to Martin Tyler and co. again.

WJD

Evra is still going to be first choice next season, isn't he?

I'd bet good money we're still going to be starting with a midfield pairing of Carrick and Scholes too.

Kyoufu

Evra is still going to be first choice next season, isn't he?

I'd bet good money we're still going to be starting with a midfield pairing of Carrick and Scholes too.

I'm really sour on Evra right now. How'd he become Man United captain?

Emhemed

First signing! YES, love Alba.

YESSSS...get in!

1339877510405.jpg

welcome back :D

kharma45

I'm gonna be real mad when we pay £15m for Baines. No value my ass.

Although we had no chance with Alba and Baines is somebody I do really like.

Yeah thing is we've got to be realistic about who we can attract. For a Spanish player to have the choice between say us and Barcelona it's a no-brainer who'll they'll choose.

Baines is a good player, but for his age I don't think he's worth it, I can't see us paying that much for a player of his age with Glazernomics in full swing.

K1LLER7

Feel sorry for evra, just because he's got somebody like Young playing on the same wing who can't track back and defend for shit.

WJD

He shouldn't really be in the team so he shouldn't really be captain.

Not going to argue with that. But since he is in the team, he's not a terrible choice.

Feel sorry for evra, just because he's got somebody like Young playing on the same wing who can't track back and defend for shit.

Dunno about that, if I can say anything about Young, it's that he works hard defensively. In fact, I'd say him and Nani are both very underrated in terms of helping out their fullback.

Not sure I agree. I'm not a big fan of Young but he does work hard.

Even so, with or without help, Evra creates more than enough problems for himself. I only have sympathy for him because it feels like he has played every game for the last 3 years and eventually that has to catch up with you. I think he needs a rest and some competition.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Modrić = overrated

He's not worth 40 million let alone 30 million.

Per season he doesn't score or assist enough goals compared to the worlds best
He's not big, strong, good in the air or great at tackling
Whilst his passing is good, it statistically doesn't even put him in Europe's best 20 midfielders
His key passing stat only makes him the joint 10th best for last season

Modrić is good, just not 40 million good.

He never gets injured!

I wonder if we're going to let go of Park. I don't think he's one that complains about playing time and he clearly loves being at United. He can also help Shinji settle in since Park speaks Japanese from his time in Japan during his early years.

Plus, I want to one day say ShinJi-Sung whenever they duo it up and score. Similar to my other favorite, Berbarito.

WJD

Can someone please make my avatar transparent/not shit? I tried to do a rush job but I'm going out now so can't fix it.

Many thanks!

Salazar

I wonder if we're going to let Park go. I don't think he's one that complains about playing time and he clearly loves being at United. He can also help Shinji settle in since Park speaks Japanese from his time in Japan during his early years.

Awesome guy. Glad he's been with us for some good times.

I think it's odds on he'll finish at United.

Meier

I love Modric personally. Any team would be lucky to have him. I suspected on here that it would take closer to £40 million a month or so back when the United rumors cropped up. I bet now that they've resigned Bale, it'll be even harder to get Luka on the cheap since they'll have a bit more leverage.

Meier

Btw, didn't see dc post it: MCFC's new kit will go on sale July 6th. Looking forward to the third kit..heard a rumor that it's black and white? Some sort of throwback to the original kit from the club's first name (St. Mark's) I believe.

Kyoufu

So if Luuk joins Gladbach then we have to sign Toivonen or we'll have no strikers when ACON begins.

Could use some oil money right about now...

So if Luuk joins Gladbach then we have to sign Toivonen or we'll have no strikers when ACON begins.

Could use some oil money right about now...

I wouldn't go that far, they'll have a list of more than two targets for strikers. It'll be fine I'm sure. Twente were being greedy, I fully trust Carr and Pardew to nab a great striker for the budget we have.

But yeah, oil money would be nice.

Carbonox

Sky reporting that Luuk De Jong is joining Gladbach instead.

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I blame Elsk.

In all honesty, missing out on De Jong would pretty much result in me not giving two shits anymore about Newcastle's summer transfer plans. Name one realistic target who has oodles of potential and is actually a decent striker? Cos Toivonen sure as shit ain't that.

The problem that I think Pardew and co don't seem to realise is that we need THREE good strikers. THREE. Not two fucking Africans who will bugger off to the ACoN in January and leave us with the Ameoboids. That shit won't gel with anyone. Hell, we might even lose Ba so that will leave us with what? Someone like Toivonen to do the damage for us until Cisse gets back?

Shit makes me angry. With our strict transfer budget, we are extremely limited with who we can and can't buy. I'd love for a gem of a striker to be unearthed but that's one of the hardest things anyone can do.

Anyway it looks we will be sending a higher offer to Lille for Debuchy.

Arnie

So Spurs GAF should pick up a copy of today's mirror. Was stood musing in the chippy, flicking through the papers when I came across their double page spread which basically said he has the job, that he had to convince the Spurs board how he'd accepted and learnt from his mistakes at Chelsea, and what he has to do as the new Spurs manager.

It was awfully cocksure, almost as if he was unveiled yesterday. If he doesn't get the job they'll look like a right bunch of tits.

severin

Modric is 27 this September and not worth 40 mil, even if spurs fans want him to be. He is not of the Alonso, xavi, schweinsteiger mould. 25 million is his ceiling.

Kyoufu

In all honesty, missing out on De Jong would pretty much result in me not giving two shits anymore about Newcastle's summer transfer plans. Name one realistic target who has oodles of potential and is actually a decent striker? Cos Toivonen sure as shit ain't that.

The problem that I think Pardew and co don't seem to realise is that we need THREE good strikers. THREE. Not two fucking Africans who will bugger off to the ACoN in January and leave us with the Ameoboids. That shit won't gel with anyone. Hell, we might even lose Ba so that will leave us with what? Someone like Toivonen to do the damage for us until Cisse gets back?

Shit makes me angry. With our strict transfer budget, we are extremely limited with who we can and can't buy. I'd love for a gem of a striker to be unearthed but that's one of the hardest things anyone can do.

Anyway it looks we will be sending a higher offer to Lille for Debuchy.

Time to bring in Cavani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom