• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

My biggest worry is that SAF will actually try to play Kagawa in midfield rather than behind the striker.

United has too many wingers, so I'd say the chance is still alive, but I'm thinking Nani will leave? (assuming that because of United-GAF's messages about him)

jtb

Banned
Wolves want Stefan Savic on loan.

I'd let him go on loan, he needs a run of games for many reasons. Still have a feeling he'll be a great player in the future.

Center half - the only position that City can't rely on Arsenal to produce quality players for :(

in all seriousness, though, there's really nothing to lose by letting Savic out on loan. He's just 21 (young, especially for a defender), was dirt cheap, and he'll either get better or he won't.

Yen

Does Coates need to go out on loan, or can you see him playing a bigger part next season.

No, he won't go out on loan. Will surely play more this season, as I'd have serious worries about Carragher playing in a highline under Rodgers. Coates would be suited to it.

Clegg

United has too many wingers, so I'd say the chance is still alive, but I'm thinking Nani will leave? (assuming that because of United-GAF's messages about him)

The only way United would sell Nani is if they were confident of having a deal in place to sign someone else.

If Nani goes then I can see United going after Rodriguez or a player of a similar calibre.

dc89

Center half - the only position that City can't rely on Arsenal to produce quality players for :(

in all seriousness, though, there's really nothing to lose by letting Savic out on loan. He's just 21 (young, especially for a defender), was dirt cheap, and he'll either get better or he won't.

Yeah and if he doesn't get better, we'll just sell him on and it will have been worth a go.

Daniele De Rossi reminds me of that guy from that food program on YouTube where they just make stupid amounts of food and eat it. Forget it's name.

Meier

Yep, this is my take on it. I say let him go on loan, can only help at this point. Go out and buy or sign on a free an older guy who can provide some coverage if needed (worse case, Micah can play CB anyway) and then let Savic get some work in and see if he improves with additional PL experience.

bjaelke

The lack of Premier League transfer muppetry is very disappointing.

I'm also of the opinion that United won't be signing a CM this Summer.
Very little happens this early on. Transfer window hasn't even opened in many countries (July 1st). There have actually been a decent amount of transfers if you take the EURO into consideration (Podolski, Kagawa, Edin etc).
Magnus Pehrsson and his scouts are ready for another season to find and provide us with gems like Kasper Jensen and Agger.

You want Agger back? He's such a flimsy striker. No body strength at all.

Clegg

Very little happens this early on. Transfer window hasn't even opened in many countries (July 1st). There have actually been a decent amount of transfers if you take the EURO into consideration (Podolski, Kagawa, Edin etc).

I know the Euros are preventing any real muppetry.

But I need my inner muppet satiated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom