• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
untitled-161jma.gif

Guess who?

fuenf

Playing Podolski instead of Reus has easily been the biggest mistake of Löw career. almost a Heynckes like decision

Lightning

Banned
robben will never come back to his old form, will he? :(
I wouldn't mind seeing Robben dropped from the Dutch squad personally. He's far too selfish and when his selfishness doesn't pay off its really costly to his teams. Not fair to just blame Robben for our euro woes but I hold him partly to blame.

Fry

I wouldn't mind seeing Robben dropped from the Dutch squad personally. He's far too selfish and when his selfishness doesn't pay off its really costly to his teams. Not fair to just blame Robben for our euro woes but I hold him partly to blame.

Yet he was easily still one of your best players. You should blame Van Persie.

elsk

Banned
Playing Podolski instead of Reus has easily been the biggest mistake of Löw career. almost a Heynckes like decision

Chancing the formation from 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3 in a semi-final wasn't the smartest thing to do. Playing Podolski and Gómez are his biggest mistakes :p

Yes he will. Elsk's negativity is rubbing off on you.

My work here is done.

well we can still hope that we found a diamond in the rough with Shakira or Weiser :(

another positive about this game: i'll be in the right mood for Louie Season 3

I think Weiser should be trained to play as RB.

Lightning

Banned
Yet he was easily still one of your best players. You should blame Van Persie.
RVP is our best player. He is partly to blame as well but as Wenger pointed out RVP not firing for the Dutch has as much to do with the Dutch squad and how they play and supply him as much as RVP himself.

I'm still quite bitter on our euros. It hasn't sunk in yet that was the worst I've ever seen our side play in my lifetime and I never want to see that again.

fuenf

Chancing the formation from 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3 in a semi-final wasn't the smartest thing to do. Playing Podolski and Gómez are his biggest mistakes :p

You can argue that Gomez certainly didnt help things but he sure as hell didnt lose it by himself. I just feel sorry for him, he'll once again be the scapegoat and his confidence will be shot. Just look at the Bayern squad: Schweini, Robbe, Ribery, Gomez, Lahm...this just doesnt bode well for next season. the media pressure will be immense, too :(

elsk

Banned
You can argue that Gomez certainly didnt help things but he sure as hell didnt lose it by himself. I just feel sorry for him, he'll once again be the scapegoat and his confidence will be shot. Just look at the Bayern squad: Schweini, Robbe, Ribery, Gomez, Lahm...this just doesnt bode well for next season. the media pressure will be immense, too :(

I would rather have a 35 years old Robben than this Gómez. He just hurts any team where he plays, he can't receive a freaking pass. Thankfully, the new Mario is coming :D

I'm only worried about Schweini injury, I'm pretty sure losing the CL final at home was a bigger shocker than losing in a semi-final of the EURO because of bad decisions by their coach.

fuenf

Ugh...why don't Germany change up their tactics. I don't think they've had more than 1 successful cross in this match. It's been awful.

they cant, it doesnt matter who plays upfront they cant create any type of chance against a good defense. Players look exhausted and just arent up to speed.

fuenf

It's okay that Germany lost but i just wont like the media reaction. Everything will be about Gomez, Kroos and Podolski. But everything this team has proven so far is that they can beat up a small / unorganized team.

edit: awe come on, fuck this goal... cant help but get excited again, knowing it wont change a thing. FUCK this shit

jtb

Banned
Balotelli was fantastic, and I have no idea what happened to Germany. They weren't even unlucky, they were just poor. Was the rhythm of the side disrupted when key players were rested against Greece (only to start against Italy)?

Slizz

Too much cigarette smoking, fucking and boozing for the Germans.... J/K but they really looked off tonight. Unfortunately I can see Spain winning again against Italy in similar 1-0, 0-0 fashion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom