• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imperious display from Italy, could have been 4-0 or 5-0 if it wasn't for some woeful finishing in the second half. Pretty flattering score for Germany. They showed no spirit and no heart, their defence was completely disorganized. Only Özil looked up for it.

The final should be good if it's anything like the group stage game.

fuenf

edit: awe come on, fuck this goal... cant help but get excited again, knowing it wont change a thing. FUCK this shit

hate to quote myself, but fuck this shit :( got sucked in again and now i'm devasted, fuck you ref! how can you blow the whistle in a situation like that?

bjaelke

Balotelli was fantastic, and I have no idea what happened to Germany. They weren't even unlucky, they were just poor. Was the rhythm of the side disrupted when key players were rested against Greece (only to start against Italy)?

The double rotation up front certainly didn't help them.

MPW

SUPER MARIO

when we say super mario, we mean the one who plays for italy and man city

not the shitty one who plays for germany and bayern

WTF was that @ the end by germany? u got a free kick, launch it, don't f'n pass it

doicare

Well the good thing about Italy beating Germany 2-1 is that it finally proves once and for all that England are better than Germany, at least England managed to draw with Italy and only lost on penalties.

Lightning

Banned
Congrats Italy GAF. Well deserved misery.

I normally don't drink but this will be an exception. Damn Germany.

Well the good thing about Italy beating Germany 2-1 is that it finally proves once and for all that England are better than Germany, at least England managed to draw with Italy and only lost on penalties.
This has to be the stupidest post I have ever read....

Slizz

Congrats Italy GAF. Well deserved misery.

I normally don't drink but this will be an exception. Damn Germany.

This has to be the stupidest post I have ever read....

I've been drinking all day! Now I'm about to grill up some chicken breast sandwiches and do a Bruce Lee movie marathon.

Meier

This is what Mario thinks about doicare's posts about Man United and injuries.

untitled-337gl6.gif

Sunhi is the best.

Yen

I think this gimmick is dead now, doicare.

jtb

Banned
when was the last time two teams that met in their first fixture met again in the final in a major international tournament?

edit: nvm, Euro 2004. Portugal/Greece was the first match of the entire tournament too.

Clegg

Seriously, that will depend in the final. But I hope they don't give it to a Messi or a Barcelona player again.

Messi isn't in this tournament and the only Barcelona player that stands a chance of winning Player of the Euros is Iniesta.

But even he hasn't played as well as Pirlo.

Kyoufu

Seriously, that will depend in the final. But I hope they don't give it to a Messi or a Barcelona player again.

Messi isn't in the tournament :p

Pirlo is definitely PotT by far. He's just amazing. Wonder if Balotelli will be highest scorer?

fuenf

tbh this was the same Germany that played the entire tournament. they cant create good (!) chances, the high defensive line makes things far to easy for the opponent, the lineup changes backfired big time.

I'd even go so far to say that it was wrong to take Müller, Gomez and Poldi out before the Greece game. Yeah the game was excited but it didnt do these players any favors and the team couldnt really grow/gel together. It's nice to be able to change things up a bit but i think it's just asking too much from the players.

ATF487

I normally hate Italy's national team but I can't help but love this one. Playing wingbacks in the group stages, Pirlo's class, the bad boys club of Balotelli/Cassano...

The Italy/Spain game was a good one last time, hopefully Italy has some counters because I really don't want to have to watch another 0-0 match + penalties

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
looking at this tournament, Argentina just needs a solid defense and a decent creative midfielder and world cup 2014 is albiceleste.

none of these team look dominant like spain did in 2008 or 2010.

Jensen

Amazing night of sport, so many great performances from Italian players and a special performance at Wimbledon(watch the highlights if you can, Rosol is hitting 90+ mph winners against Nadal)

Az

You just went down a rank on my list. It's at -1 now.

jtb

Banned
I normally hate Italy's national team but I can't help but love this one. Playing wingbacks in the group stages, Pirlo's class, the bad boys club of Balotelli/Cassano...

The Italy/Spain game was a good one last time, hopefully Italy has some counters because I really don't want to have to watch another 0-0 match + penalties

group stage game was good; the final should be great as well, as long as Torres starts over Fabregas. Hell, if VDB was feeling ballsy, he'd start Cesc and play him in Xavi's role. But he won't.

spidye

WTF was that @ the end by germany? u got a free kick, launch it, don't f'n pass it

hahaha you're cute.

L'ITALIA SIAMO NOI CHE CAZZO SIETE VOI? SIAMO IN FINALE VATTENE A CASA LA GERMANIA!

:D :D :D :D :D

Not enough smileys in the world.

ItalJuve fucking representing.

Hope this shuts up all the commentators about how we play football.

ATF487

Nadal lost? Holy shit. I was waiting until the Euros were over to really get into Wimbledon but looks like that was a mistake

elsk

Banned

What are you, like 13 years old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom