• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

In fairness, I wasn't trolling about the lyrics bit, such a shit, nonsense, nothing 'skill'.

I fully admit that those four lines I just spunked out were a pile of shit, but if Morrisey writes them, some class A nobhead from shoreditch will get it tattoo'd on his cock.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arsene Wenger is saying "We've received no offers for Robin van Persie" and Marotta is saying "Van Persie is a great player but Arsenal do not intend to lose him. And you cannot indulge in a player if the owners don't want sell"

One of them is lying.

Clegg

Arsene Wenger is saying "We've received no offers for Robin van Persie" and Marotta is saying "Van Persie is a great player but Arsenal do not intend to lose him. And you cannot indulge in a player if the owners don't want sell"

One of them is lying.

Wenger.

Clegg

The Killers are a decent band. Not great but decent all the same. Nothing wrong with a bit of pop music every now and then.

Sams Town is very underrated imo.

Yen

In fairness, I wasn't trolling about the lyrics bit, such a shit, nonsense, nothing 'skill'.

I fully admit that those four lines I just spunked out were a pile of shit, but if Morrisey writes them, some class A nobhead from shoreditch will get it tattoo'd on his cock.

Morrissey is a good writer.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wenger in meltdown mode.

When journalists quizzed Wenger on the subject though, the Frenchman was in no mood to discuss his striker's future and instead concentrated on his side's performance in the wet conditions of China's Bird's Nest stadium.

He said: “The Van Persie case doesn’t cross my mind. We have had no offers.
“He is close to fitness, of course, but we have not had any contact (from City or United) about him at all."

When it was posed to Wenger that various sources had reported the bids from City, United and Italian giants Juventus, though, he seemed to be even more riled by the interrogation that he faced.

He added: “We have talked about Van Persie. We have just played a football game tonight, there are four English people here and there have been four questions about Van Persie.

“I have talked about that, I am not talking about that question anymore. Do you understand?

“If you understand and respect what I said, then why do you ask me again?"

More to follow...

Arnie

Morrissey is a good writer.

George RR Martin is a good writer. Morrisey's a lazy, pretentious pleb with a pen and a sheet of A5.

And good work everyone on proving my ultimate point:

The Killers are a 'great' band.
The Killers are a 'mediocre' band.
The very notion that the killers are a great band makes me want to lose consciousness.

I'm all for opinion and debate, but you can't really have that about music, there's no rational conclusion. It's all just nonsense, farts in the wind as I say, and in that respect I can't value it.

Good to listen to on the bus though, or after a few beers when your mind's prone to exploring any old thought.

Wenger in meltdown mode.
Uh oh.

Fry

The Killers are such a cheesy band.

V7LOd.png

Wilbur

Banned
Music is funny, its so objective. I agree with Arnie there, but he doesn't seem to like it as much as I do. Fair enough

Meier

'So are Oasis'

So you would say, meaning I don't give a crap. :lol

Footy GAF's taste in music is horrid.

I think some people just live to be contrary. A few of the folks in here have great taste, some have good taste at times.. some like k-pop.

Arnie

Music is funny, its so objective. I agree with Arnie there, but he doesn't seem to like it as much as I do. Fair enough

I think you mean subjective.

And I'm exaggerating the extent to which it irritates me, as I'm sure you're all aware. Just don't value it as much as most other forms of entertainment, doesn't mean I don't listen to it whilst I'm taking a poo.

Wilbur

Banned
I think you mean subjective.

And I'm exaggerating the extent to which it irritates me, as I'm sure you're all aware. Just don't value it as much as most other forms of entertainment, doesn't mean I don't listen to it whilst I'm taking a poo.

Meant to type subjective, correct

:lol :lol :lol

Nah, I dislike Oasis but like The Smiths. Contrary or keeping with the majority? I dislike the Killers but like Kasabian
live
. I dislike Eminem but like Kanye.

One of them is lying.
Wengers going along the "define offer" line.

Wilbur

Banned
Song's just a bit bland. I don't really like his voice, I don't really see anything in the lyrics. Fair enough if you do like them.

Anyway, RvP. Bit early for Wenger to go a bit mental considering he's made some good signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom