• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Ashley Williams is great

at playing the ball back to his keeper and putting him under pressure because he refuses to clear it because POSSESSION FOOTBALL

Williams is Welsh, failbury

Wales is nearer to me than you are, so they are English and you are Scottish

Feorax

United baffles me. There are plenty of CM players available at decent prices this summer that would improve them, and yet they're linked to attacking mids, a left back and a striker?

It's like us with wingers. Natural aversion to fixing the weak spot in the squad.

Wilbur

Banned
Also what the fuck is this I'm reading, Sahin is available? What the fuck please fuck Moura holy shit please go for Sahin Fergie please please please

Word has it that RM are only looking to loan Sahin out, not sell.

Then again it's transfer season, so levels of muppetry are always a danger.
At £25m I think they would. A £20m profit but for us it would still be worth it.

United baffles me. There are plenty of CM players available at decent prices this summer that would improve them, and yet they're linked to attacking mids, a left back and a striker?

It's like us with wingers. Natural aversion to fixing the weak spot in the squad.
Yep it's crazy. Somebody like Xhaka moved for £6m earlier in the window, he'd have been great for us. Countless other examples over the last 2 years.

Carbonox

3zSXx.jpg

Just randomly came across this image on a Newcastle blog article. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Wilbur

Banned
At £25m I think they would. A £20m profit but for us it would still be worth it.

Yep it's crazy. Somebody like Xhaka moved for £6m earlier in the window, he'd have been great for us. Countless other examples over the last 2 years.

25m would be a fantastic price considering his quality but when you look for how cheap he was last year, we really should have done our homework. In the last few years alone Xhaka, Sahin, Sandro, Ramires... we should have been looking at players like this.

It's not even worth getting your hopes up over :(

I will masturbate until the very moment he's in an Arsenal shirt

Koscielny is dumb if he turned down Barcelona to play for Arsenal. Is he a massive fan of Arsenal?

or maybe he just realized he wouldn't have much of a chance playing at Barca while he would have a good chance at Arsenal and have a French manager. But don't even see he really rejected them anywhere, other then the headlines, Barca showing interest doesn't mean they even made a bid.

When asked if he was aware of their interest, Koscienly added: "Yes of course and frankly it is flattering. But at Arsenal I have everything; I have a great training centre, a wonderful stadium and an amazing group.

"I really want to grow here as Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira and some others did."

48266_rwj2jeda8bkj7_al.jpg

Kyoufu

I just realised Ashley Williams is from Mass Effect.

We're so desperate for a signing we're getting a video game character.

jtb

Banned
If Sahin really is available, I'd want him over M'Vila for sure. Sahin's proven, and Mou seems pretty willing to let him go out on loan (and probably permanent move, esp if they get Modric). Plus, Madrid are pretty lax with their selling policies, could probably get a decent price for all parties involved... (I can dream of... ~10m fee, right?)

Even Henry went to Barca.

So he wants to stay at Arsenal become a great player become Captain and then move on to win things?

Fair enough.

Henry and Vieira left after their prime and at their best were Arsenal players. But the point of his statement was that the club offered him a long-term contract, and by extension of that, the opportunity to establish himself as a club legend and fan favourite. Whether or not he finishes his career at Arsenal is mute, the point is he (despite interest from Barca) is willing to.

Yen

If Sahin really is available, I'd want him over M'Vila for sure. Sahin's proven, and Mou seems pretty willing to let him go out on loan (and probably permanent move, esp if they get Modric). Plus, Madrid are pretty lax with their selling policies, could probably get a decent price for all parties involved... (I can dream of... ~10m fee, right?)

Different type of player.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mourinho "Nuri is living in a grey area, neither black nor white. But if there is an interesting possibility to play elsewhere, he would be better off leaving because we saw last year that he did not get many minutes here."

I'd love to have him at Spurs, but not on a loan deal. We need to build a squad now, not get more stop-gap loans.

GQman2121

Banned
Awesome Animals and Wes:

Do you think the news that Lerner is taking on new investors with the Browns will effect positively on Villa? It can't hurt, right?

dc89

Mourinho "Nuri is living in a grey area, neither black nor white. But if there is an interesting possibility to play elsewhere, he would be better off leaving because we saw last year that he did not get many minutes here."

Come Nuri. Come to us.

Fry

Sahin's last season at Dortmund was really impressive. It's a shame to see the nosedive his career took afterwards.

This loan will work well for every party involved.

Ushojax

Fuck Modric.

Don't be silly, the Liga champions are in dire need of an attacking midfielder! For a mere €40m you can have another warm body to huddle up to Higuain on the bench and play 20 minutes against Zaragoza.

Wes

venison crêpe
Awesome Animals and Wes:

Do you think the news that Lerner is taking on new investors with the Browns will effect positively on Villa? It can't hurt, right?

In terms of Villa it is not a bad thing.

I think he personally has more of a fondness for Villa than the Browns, but that's just my opinion.

It either means investment stays the same, investment increases or he's selling up everything in which case new investors are going to come in.

Don't be silly, the Liga champions are in dire need of an attacking midfielder! For a mere €40m you can have another warm body to huddle up to Higuain on the bench and play 20 minutes against Zaragoza.

Granero and Ozil are attacking MF.

Seriously, I rather have Sahin on the bench than pay 40m for Modric.

Ushojax

Granero and Ozil are attacking MF.

Seriously, I rather have Sahin on the bench than pay 40m for Modric.

i know
i was being sarcastic

Modric to Real is a move that makes no sense. To spend €30m+ on him while there are other positions that need to be strengthened, is madness.

Awesome Animals and Wes:

Well, when that was going around work this morning I was actually surprised. I figured if he had to pick, he would pick the Browns, seeing as he is America, and it is a pretty lucrative team, being an NFL team with fans who refuse to leave the stadium (although that strength has been waning a bit recently). But then I thought that maybe he has more emotion for Aston Villa because he bought this team on his own, it wasn't an inheritance, etc. We have heard rumors before of Aston Villa being sold, so I don't know.

To answer the question at hand, I think this will only help, and, hopefully, enable Randy Lerner to invest more money in Aston Villa as he invests less of his own capital in the Browns. I love the Browns, and have been going to a majority of the home games since they came back in 1999. However, it has become such a bigger desire to see Aston Villa do well, that I am excited at this thought.

I think it is good news!

Benfica - Madrid should be good, although Madrid goes without Spanish and Portuguese Internationals.

If today I win Euromillion, tomorrow I will go to Bernabéu and buy Coentrao as my housemaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom