• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just caught up with the other Russian League matches today. CSKA looked dreadful and lost to Amkar 3-1. Even better Ignashevich got a red, Dzagoev got a red and likely multi-game suspension and Doumbia got hurt. Wonderful timing since we're playing them next. Loving this season so far.

Joe

Thanks dudes! Got those all from the stands. Had first row tickets in the corner section, they were really nice seats.

Used a Nikon D60 and the basic 50-200mm lens.

K1LLER7

Meier

Thanks dudes! Got those all from the stands. Had first row tickets in the corner section, they were really nice seats.

Used a Nikon D60 and the basic 50-200mm lens.

Fantastic stuff. I need one of those damn cameras.. amazing shots! I know some places limit the usage of those cameras to pros so I am sure you're glad they didn't mind there. Getting shots like that must be quite memorable. :D

Arsenal officials were in Madrid on Friday an nearly managed to get Sahin on loan but the deal stalled. It's still possible but typical Arsenal just can't seem to close deals

Regarding Carzola, Arsenal never increased their original bid as the papers claimed, they are still waiting for a response from Malaga. Apparently the owners want to sell the club now? It's looking good for Arsenal on that front but all should be clearer in a few days by July 31st..

Kyoufu

Arsenal officials were in Madrid on Friday an nearly managed to get Sahin on loan but the deal stalled. It's still possible but typical Arsenal just can't seem to close deals

Regarding Carzola, Arsenal never increased their original bid as the papers claimed, they are still waiting for a response from Malaga. Apparently the owners want to sell the club now? It's looking good for Arsenal on that front but all should be clearer in a few days by July 31st..

Who are you and what can you tell me about Newcastle targets?

Kyoufu

He's taking all the transfer muppetry and rewriting it to look like he is a ITK.

You played Arkham City right, I started playing tonight, and it is really good so far!

I liked Arkham City but I thought the city itself was stupid. Basically way too much pointless item collecting that distracts you from the main story. I prefer the more linear design of Arkham Asylum personally.

They got the Batman feel spot on though. Good developers.

I liked Arkham City but I thought the city itself was stupid. Basically way too much pointless item collecting that distracts you from the main story. I prefer the more linear design of Arkham Asylum personally.

They got the Batman feel spot on though. Good developers.

I could see that being a fair point. I loved Asylum. But they do so well making you feel like Batman. It's crazy to think I was so sick of Super Heroes before I saw Batman, but after seeing TDKR and Spidey, I'm reinvigored. Can't wait to see Avengers now.

GorillaJu

Looks like Gareth Bale's ankle is in bad shape. Classless tackle from Charlie Adam - and it's not the first time he's done that. Completely unneeded, especially in a friendly.

Looks like Gareth Bale's ankle is in bad shape. Classless tackle from Charlie Adam - and it's not the first time he's done that. Completely unneeded, especially in a friendly.
Pretty sure it was Adam who wrecked his ankle at the end of the season before last too, when he was at Blackpool.

Unlucky for Bale and Spurs.

GorillaJu

Pretty sure it was Adam who wrecked his ankle at the end of the season before last too, when he was at Blackpool.

Unlucky for Bale and Spurs.

It was. Could be nothing in the end here, but from Villas Boas' comments it sounds like more than just a knock.

Edit: I can't stop tinkering with my FPL team =\

It was. Could be nothing in the end here, but from Villas Boas' comments it sounds like more than just a knock.
AVB is as bitchy as they come though, he was saying how the reaction he received from the Spurs team is different to the one he got a year back. Let it go Andre, Chelsea players are dicks, we know this - he needs to get over it now. I wouldn't be surprised if its a sore ankle and that's it basically.

Initiating Paul Scholes PR campaign...
“City definitely raised the bar and the football they played for most of the season was fantastic,” Scholes said.

“As much as I don’t want to admit it, they were good to watch and probably played the best football, so from that aspect, they were the best team and deserved to win the league.

“We know we have to do better than we did last year. We have to become a better team next time, but it’s always a motivating force when you lose the league.

“It’s not nice when you see another team celebrating on the last day of the season and that picture stays with you.

“I remember when Chelsea took the league off us in 2004 and won it back-to-back — it definitely goes with you into the next season. That picture is in your head and you don’t want it to happen again.

“But I have just seen little bits of them (City) celebrating when they scored and then when (Sergio) Agüero scored at the very end.

“I haven’t seen them lifting the trophy, but I am sure if I am watching the TV over the next few weeks it will be on and I will see it.

“But we failed at the end of last season. We should have won the league and didn’t.

“I did feel nervous when I first came back,” Scholes said. “When I first went back on the pitch I thought ‘what the Hell am I doing here? I could just be at home watching it’.

“The game against City was strange. I just wanted to get through it unscathed and just about managed it.

“I felt quite fit, but the footballing part of it wasn’t quite there and it probably took three or four games to get used to it.

“But it went alright when I came back and the manager asked me to stay for another year and I said yes, simple as that.

“ “He didn’t have to twist my arm. He just said ‘you’re going to play next year aren’t you?’ and I just said ‘yeah.’”

Man I hope he can keep up his form from last season but I can't see it. Glad I can still watch him play though, truly wonderful player.

Edit: I can't stop tinkering with my FPL team =
Haha kept myself off it the last few days. Pointless changes now. Gonna wait for a few more transfers to go through and see what's up.

Zabojnik

TuttoJuve suggesting we should look into signing Carroll, if we're unable to secure a top striker. The British Amauri? The waiting is killing me too, TuttoJuve, but let's not go completely crazy here just yet.

GorillaJu

TuttoJuve suggesting we should look into signing Carroll, if we're unable to secure a top striker. The British Amauri? The wating is killing me too, TuttoJuve, but let's not go completely crazy here just yet.

Apparently big Andy is staying at Liverpool, regardless. Potentially dodging a bullet there :)

dc89

RT @LeeClayton_: Wilshere out until October. Feel for the lad. Don't have to be an #Arsenal fan to admire him #talent #injuredtalent

O.O

jtb

Banned
RT @LeeClayton_: Wilshere out until October. Feel for the lad. Don't have to be an #Arsenal fan to admire him #talent #injuredtalent

O.O

that's the same timetable Arsene's been sticking too. his injury's apparently healed, but they're nursing him back to match fitness very very carefully. He also got a second surgery on his knee after getting surgery on his ankle, since he figured he would be missing all of pre-season anyways, so... hopefully that means the injury problems will be completely behind him. very good news, imo. Wenger is notorious for gambling on fitness with players who clearly aren't ready (has happened time and time again with Fabregas, RVP, even our beloved Diaby), so this shouldn't permacrock him.

hopefully.

on the bright side (for Arsenal supporters), this practically ensures that a M'Vila/Sahin deal will be done to cover that midfield hole.

panty

599273_460686597294904_6850229_n.jpg

:3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom