• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Riccardo Montolivo: "Will they boo me when I go back to Fiorentina? Oh, I don't know, they were booing me all last year..."

TuttoJuve suggesting we should look into signing Carroll, if we're unable to secure a top striker. The British Amauri? The waiting is killing me too, TuttoJuve, but let's not go completely crazy here just yet.

Nah, his characteristics won't suit our team. Conte, and everyone on earth, knows what we need.

So anyway, Marotta is fine with overpaying for every single position in our team except for a striker for some reason. What difference does it make if they're asking for 3-5M more? JUST PAY IT! This penny-pinching is getting ridiculous.

G17

Kitchee FC just dominating Arsenal right now up 1-0. A fantastic turnout by the Hong Kong Arsenal fans though. almost filled the entire stadium!

Hixx

Bacon, what a cheb
KuGsj.gif

Perma or not?

kharma45

People really are getting very high and mighty about Bacon's comment in that thread where he got banned.

It was a stupid and misjudged thing to say, especially somewhere as PC as GAF, but some people in that thread :lol something something high horses.

Wilbur

Banned
Horrible news about Wilshere. How does an ankle sprain keep you out for 14 months?

Because he fell over while high on cocaine

I just did a shit at work and I can't remember if I flushed. I need to get downstairs again as quick as possible

Or maybe I'll just leave it there as a present for the people who take over

K1LLER7

Unless he was dirt cheap I wouldn't, at 31 he's a bit old for United.
Agree, I wouldn't pay much, But if we're not getting Baines, for the short-term getting Cole for LB would be a good move, He's better than Evra and showed last season in the CL he's still very good.

Our target #1 is Jojo, target #2 is RVP, target #3 is Dzeko. Apparently we're waiting to see of Della Valle will budge on Jojo on the €20m we offered, meanwhile remaining in contact with Arsenal. We are Arsenal's preferred customer and they are willing to accept a lower offer to send RVP abroad. We're agreed with both Jojo and RVP on personal terms with only small details separating us. Its all down to the teams to agree on price.

Also, Liverpool look set to sell Albert Aquilani to Fiorentina who have put in a small bid for Alberto. He has expressed his desire to stay at Liverpool, but not if he will not be given ample playing time.

Looks like West Ham have signed Ivan Ramis from Real Mallorca for £4.5mil, pending completion of his medical. Don't know anything about the bloke, but we need a bit of experience at the back, especially after we were woefully swept aside by Dynamo Dresden 3-0 on Friday. If we put that team out in the Premiership, we'd get slaughtered, and alarmingly, that was pretty close to a full strength side. Too many weak links, like McCartney, who I do appreciate, but feel we'll struggle with him as first choice left back, and Guy Demel, who has never looked anything but awful.

People really are getting very high and mighty about Bacon's comment in that thread where he got banned.

It was a stupid and misjudged thing to say, especially somewhere as PC as GAF, but some people in that thread :lol something something high horses.

Yeah well... This is NeoGAF dude.

Kompany has flown home from the tour of Asia injured. :(

Better buy someone.

Riccardo Montolivo: "Will they boo me when I go back to Fiorentina? Oh, I don't know, they were booing me all last year..."

:lol

Apparently Lille was both Bryan Oviedo and Bolanos from us. Fuckers can stay away from Oviedo, go ahead and take Bolanos. Oviedo is like our best forward player, despite being a left back.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Our target #1 is Jojo, target #2 is RVP, target #3 is Dzeko. Apparently we're waiting to see of Della Valle will budge on Jojo on the €20m we offered, meanwhile remaining in contact with Arsenal. We are Arsenal's preferred customer and they are willing to accept a lower offer to send RVP abroad. We're agreed with both Jojo and RVP on personal terms with only small details separating us. Its all down to the teams to agree on price.

Also, Liverpool look set to sell Albert Aquilani to Fiorentina who have put in a small bid for Alberto. He has expressed his desire to stay at Liverpool, but not if he will not be given ample playing time.

It's clearly the wrong choice but I want Jojo more than anyone listed.

RVP is class, but who knows which RVP are we getting? Club RVP or International RVP?

Arnie

Not nice to see Suso unhappy, but Morsel's right, he needs to keep his hopes in check. He's 18, has two great coaches who understand his game, and want to play to his style, and he needs to keep working hard and be patient.

Wilbur

Banned
Needed some transfer activity so I went ahead and bought Cavani and Rossi for Spurs on FM.

I can't stand to play FM when it gets to 2018 and Mick McCarthy's at Chelsea and Fergie's retired and Ganso plays for Liverpool. It's just so odd to me for some bizarre reason haha

Same as when I'm starting a game, I feel weird if I take over United for instance and Fergie is suddenly without a job but hasn't retired, he's just satisfied with life. It feels weird to me and I haven't a fucking clue why

GorillaJu

They are already selling Aquilani anyway, why not make it two shit decisions at the same time? I mean it's a common occurrence by now, I'm used to it.

Three Liverpool managers and their staff were wrong. It's the internet fans who are right - Aquilani is world class and would help fire us into the top four.

I'm so sick of this shit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh speaking of Cavani, this happened:

“Are the big Premier League clubs looking for me? My response can only be Forza Napoli!”

“The men who attacked my wife were not Napoli fans, not the kind I have learned to know and appreciate in these years.

“This incident certainly won’t make me move away from under the shadow of Vesuvius.”

Fuck you Cavani. Why are you not a mercenary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom