• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Let me make it even dead-er for you then: John Elkann is a worthy successor of Gianni and Umberto Agnelli.

Lapo-Elkann-in-pink-hat.jpg

I hate them both equally.

Feorax

I never understand why Liverpool got Aquilani and never even gave him a shot.. weird.

He was the replacement when we decided Xabi Alonso was no longer needed, but was constantly injured.

His signing was the beginning of the end for that amazing 08/09 team.

pulga

Banned
People have gone batshit insane on my facebook and twitter. You guys have no idea what this means to a tiny, humble nation such as Honduras! It's beautiful :')

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
People have gone batshit insane on my facebook and twitter. You guys have no idea what this means to a tiny, humble nation such as Honduras! It's beautiful :')

May I? On behalf of elsk!

x610.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

Bengtson and Mendoza were outstanding.

Meadows

Banned
well done Honduras, but you've buggered up the match I was meant to be watching.

Now Spain have nothing to play for.

I really want to see Mata play in person :(

boo

Salvadora

Mata truly is a class act. Can't wait to see him next season ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mata truly is a class act. Can't wait to see him next season ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Can't wait to see Juve-nise next season ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

9btbz.jpg

PaulLFC

Aquilani's agent, according to goal.com (lol)

"Aquilani is a Liverpool player," Zavaglia told Radio Sportiva. "He's fine there and will remain in England. We are not going back to the torment of last year. There is no basis for this operation [to Fiorentina].

"There was no offer from [Fiorentina sporting director] Daniele Prade, also because the figures involved do not allow Fiorentina to sign him.

"He has two years left on his contract so this time there is only the possibility of an outright sale, and nothing else.

"At the moment, there is now news, although from here on, everything could change. But at the moment his return to Italy seems difficult."

---

So it's Aqua's agent, via goal.com, vs the BBC. Who's right? Who knows...

Kyoufu

What did I miss?

Speaking of owners makes me sad, we had the best owner we could ever wish for, one of us who made our dreams reality, now we are stuck with these guys :(

Kean out Venkys out flag was being used at SJP today by some Rovers fans.

Anyway, fire Kean and hire Dalglish. You know you want him back. :p

Try and get Zidane again

We didn't have to try, he wanted to sign but we decided against it because we band Tim Sherwood

Edit - in the same vein this girl in school used to ask me out but I wasn't interested as she was quite ugly, 2 years later when we were 16 she was an absolute stunner, still kick myself over that at times!

Off to Westeros in a minute, and then off to the land of nod, so imma remind people that they can still join the paid fantasy league

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
PrematureQuiche///PrematureQuiche FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
Mastadon///Dyslexia Untied
elseanio/// Sporting Lisbonjela
BLSwagger10///Puff Puff Shoot
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///Jeff FC
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Awesome Animals///JTgate
choodi///Fatman United (choodi)
odd_morsel///Bacon of Hope FC
Spanish Wrath///Vuvuzela BRRRRFC
kharma45///Leave My Arcelona
Anderson///UnAthletic FC
Swance///Swance's Sexy Squad
WoodenLung///Voyeurs Young Boys
the walrus///TheWalrus
LegoArmo///BASED-in-Newcastle
WJD///WJD FC
Kylehimself///kylehimself
PaulLFC///Racing AbbeyNational
Wilbury///JTbury FC
Keio///FC Voitto

So far

edit: Ha, a PM Paul sent me a couple of days ago on RAWK has only just showed up in my email inbox

I know that piece in the Sunday Times isn't adding anything new to the situation, but it's frightening to hear it framed in such a way. I said it the other night, but I really don't know how United are going to get out of this if the IPO fails, which it looks likely to. The best alternative they can hope for is to be bought, in fact that appears the only alternative from where I'm sitting, which I'll admit isn't a position of absolute knowledge.

That's exactly what H & G did, and they pushed us to within 24 hours of administration. At this point United fans need to take action, seriously, the time for passivity is over, and just buying a scarf won't do.
The fans can't really do anything about it. They could just stop turning up to matches and never buy any merchandise but 1) That will never happen 2) If it did the Glazers would just tear the club apart in other ways.

At the end of the day you need to get the Glazers out and the fans can't do that. I'm not saying the fans should sit by and pretend everything is okay but unless they can find £2bn+ they are not going to be able to do anything.

The response to the Glazer ownership amongst the media and fans always amuses me. The situation was actually worse about 3/4 years ago when the PIK debt was still lumbered on the club. United were winning the league 3 times in a row and reaching back to back CL finals so we heard nothing of it..but the financial position was actually quite a bit worse back then.

It's still bad and we move increasingly closer to "d-day" but I'm pretty sure we'll hear nothing of it from the media or fans if United win the league next season. By and large the situation has been the same ever since the Glazers took over but the response to the debt fluctuates. I suppose that's just it though...can United win the league next season.

I very much doubt MUFC will go the way Liverpool did whilst the club remains in the top 4. It's easily meeting interest repayments and as long as it does the lenders will extend the deadline, it's free money for them and they still hold collateral against a highly valuable asset.

Only when the club fails to afford payments and drifts in consecutive losses will the banks swarm because them their asset begins to lose value. As I've said before the more likely and realistic damage to United is stagnation and so being left behind the competition. In that scenario the debt remains but so too do the Glazers. The tough choice that faces the Glazers today is that to keep their cash cow rich, they need to invest in it...but with money they don't have.

At the moment I think a sale is most likely down the line. Hicks and Gillet tried to hold on and eventually made a big loss themselves. I doubt the Glazers will do the same...the problem will be finding a buyer.

The fans can't really do anything about it. They could just stop turning up to matches and never buy any merchandise but 1) That will never happen 2) If it did the Glazers would just tear the club apart in other ways.

At the end of the day you need to get the Glazers out and the fans can't do that. I'm not saying the fans should sit by and pretend everything is okay but unless they can find £2bn+ they are not going to be able to do anything.

The response to the Glazer ownership amongst the media and fans always amuses me. The situation was actually worse about 3/4 years ago when the PIK debt was still lumbered on the club. United were winning the league 3 times in a row and reaching back to back CL finals so we heard nothing of it..but the financial position was actually quite a bit worse back then.

It's still bad and we move increasingly closer to "d-day" but I'm pretty sure we'll hear nothing of it from the media or fans if United win the league next season. By and large the situation has been the same ever since the Glazers took over but the response to the debt fluctuates. I suppose that's just it though...can United win the league next season.

I very much doubt MUFC will go the way Liverpool did whilst the club remains in the top 4. It's easily meeting interest repayments and as long as it does the lenders will extend the deadline, it's free money for them and they still hold collateral against a highly valuable asset.

Only when the club fails to afford payments and drifts in consecutive losses will the banks swarm because them their asset begins to lose value. As I've said before the more likely and realistic damage to United is stagnation and so being left behind the competition. In that scenario the debt remains but so too do the Glazers. The tough choice that faces the Glazers today is that to keep their cash cow rich, they need to invest in it...but with money they don't have.

At the moment I think a sale is most likely down the line. Hicks and Gillet tried to hold on and eventually made a big loss themselves. I doubt the Glazers will do the same...the problem will be finding a buyer.

If Ferguson came out against the Glazers then something might happen. Kind of hypocritical that he says he puts the long term future of the club ahead of short term success, but he backs the Glazers when they are driving the club towards the abyss.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I get why Honduras is happy, but what I don't get is why Japan didn't get this sort of praise. Japan more than Honduras outplayed Spain even if their finishing wasn't on par.
Because Japan has more with which to compete against Spain than Honduras. Both were underdog victories, but Honduras was truly a cinderella story (lol Xavi).

Lo de España fue un fracasototototototote de todas formas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom