• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

pulga

Banned
I get why Honduras is happy, but what I don't get is why Japan didn't get this sort of praise. Japan more than Honduras outplayed Spain even if their finishing wasn't on par.

Because you expect something out of Japan. NO ONE would've bet a dollar on us.

Plus, according to Xavi, we're a Cinderella, so that too. Feels good to make him stuff it :D

:) Bien hecho. Espero que nos veamos en la final o en la semifinal.

Seria monumental para el futbol de nuestra area!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Cazarola to gunners a done deal as soon as today. 20 mil plus bonuses.

Still no defenders. Obviously they realise that they need new goal threats with RVP leaving, but it blows my mind that they still haven't been credibly linked to a single defender. They haven't even sold Squillaci yet.

pappe

Still no defenders. Obviously they realise that they need new goal threats with RVP leaving, but it blows my mind that they still haven't been credibly linked to a single defender. They haven't even sold Squillaci yet.

It seems Wenger hates buying defenders as much as SAF hates buying CM's.

Wenger says 3 players are leaving:

Arsene Wenger says that he expects a number of departures this week as the club return to London after their Asia tour.

With the futures of Robin van Persie and Theo Walcott still to be decided, some of the fringe players in the squad are due to find themselves new clubs and the names will not be a surprise to anyone.

“Bendtner, Squillaci and Park will be on their way to go somewhere,” he said. The Danish striker caught the eye with his goals and underpants at Euro 2012 and has been linked with clubs like Celta Vigo, Galatasaray and AC Milan.

Squillaci had been talking to newly promoted French side Bastia but a move was ruled out because of financial issues. Having signed from Sevilla there have been one or two stories suggesting a return to La Liga might be a possibility and the finances on offer might well accommodate a deal.

As for Park, who the hell knows? It will certainly go down as one of Arsene Wenger’s strangest transfer deals – if indeed it was one of his deals – and the South Korean’s stock could hardly be lower. He ruled out a move to Emirates side Al Ain last week so where he ends up is anybody’s guess.

Meanwhile, Wenger hinted Andrei Arshavin may remain at the club in spite of strong interest from Zenit to take him ‘home’. Mrs Arshavin is pregnant with their third child and is reportedly keen to stay in London. A loan move to Fulham has been mooted but Wenger said,  “Arshavin, it depends. We have to sit together and talks. He could still have a future at the club.”

snoopen

Off to Westeros in a minute, and then off to the land of nod, so imma remind people that they can still join the paid fantasy league

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
PrematureQuiche///PrematureQuiche FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
Mastadon///Dyslexia Untied
elseanio/// Sporting Lisbonjela
BLSwagger10///Puff Puff Shoot
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///Jeff FC
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Awesome Animals///JTgate
choodi///Fatman United (choodi)
odd_morsel///Bacon of Hope FC
Spanish Wrath///Vuvuzela BRRRRFC
kharma45///Leave My Arcelona
Anderson///UnAthletic FC
Swance///Swance's Sexy Squad
WoodenLung///Voyeurs Young Boys
the walrus///TheWalrus
LegoArmo///BASED-in-Newcastle
WJD///WJD FC
Kylehimself///kylehimself
PaulLFC///Racing AbbeyNational
Wilbury///JTbury FC
Keio///FC Voitto

So far

edit: Ha, a PM Paul sent me a couple of days ago on RAWK has only just showed up in my email inbox

Sure, Snoopen///Arse FC

Carbonox

Mathieu Debuchy should be a Newcastle player by the end of the week, along with Curtis Good. We'll still need a more experienced new CB coming in though as I doubt Good will play any games in the PL for us. Plus a new striker and CM needs to be brought in.

GorillaJu

Mathieu Debuchy should be a Newcastle player by the end of the week, along with Curtis Good. We'll still need a more experienced new CB coming in though as I doubt Good will play any games in the PL for us. Plus a new striker and CM needs to be brought in.

You will now have three French JTs on your team. Any interest in Nasri and Evra? Might as well just haul em all over.

dc89

De Jong - I want to stay at City.
Manchester Evening News

Well sign the contract then, and stop looking for £100K or how much your holding out for!

Blablurn

418698_511787605504602_1813819730_n.jpg

NHale

One Portuguese newspaper is claiming Real Madrid will pay 40M to get Axel Witsel. This is a newspaper known as "the unofficial Benfica newspaper" and since January has "sold" Nico Gaitan 1000x for 40M, Javi Garcia to Man City for 30M, a Benfica branded french toast for 25M, etc.

Clearly Real is willing to spend 40M on Axel Witsel but not 45M on Luka Modric. If that really was true, Real Madrid fans should be very worried about Jorge Mendes influence on their team...

dc89

Unbelievable tekkers, Jeff

No need to try and sign RVP now.

Talking about strikers I can imagine a very awkward conversation taking place with Mr Adebayor soon.

"Well Ade, you've turned down many opportunities now to play football now based on wages. But your happy with the money your on with us.

But sadly your not part of our first team plans. Hence us trying to find you another club. See, we need to sell you before we take any more players on because we take FFP seriously.

so, I think we've found you a new role. Cleaner at the academy. Your wages won't count towards FFP and then you can sit out your contract because you love money."

xD

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
City will end up paying Adebayor to leave, we all know that. The £5m they would have to give Ade is chump change to them and it will free up space for RVP on the wage bill. Levy knows that we are the only option and that his move is the closest to completion of City's outgoing big earners. It's a case of who blinks first, because both parties need this deal done ASAP.

D_prOdigy

De Jong - I want to stay at City.
Manchester Evening News

Well sign the contract then, and stop looking for £100K or how much your holding out for!

Why should he? Contrast Yaya who is on £250k and very very open about wanting to 'one day' go back to Barca.

This is just what City has to deal with.

One Portuguese newspaper is claiming Real Madrid will pay 40M to get Axel Witsel. This is a newspaper known as "the unofficial Benfica newspaper" and since January has "sold" Nico Gaitan 1000x for 40M, Javi Garcia to Man City for 30M, a Benfica branded french toast for 25M, etc.

Clearly Real is willing to spend 40M on Axel Witsel but not 45M on Luka Modric. If that really was true, Real Madrid fans should be very worried about Jorge Mendes influence on their team...

I've been worring about Mendes since Mou came.

Kozak

Banned

I don't know, I kind of like Arsenals defence as it is. Obviously injuries will fuck it up but Koscielny, Sagna and Vermaelen are as good as any defence + Santos isn't the worst left back in the world.

Really Arsenal just need better backups than Djorou and Squillaci and backups are probably the hardest players to purchase in football these days. Everybody believes they're good enough for the first team.

The only quality piece of tactics I can think of that Mancini's done is converting Yaya to a more attacking role. He absolutely flourishes there.

Also Vermaelen is overrated as fuck

He wasn't at his best last year. Much of his reputation came from his first season. Koscielny, however, is underrated IMO

pappe

The problem with Arsenals defence is that none of them can hold a line to cause a offside trap. One of them will have a brain freeze and wander out of position atleast once and fuck up their whole defense. It happened against Malaysia(?) in their Friendlies as well.

dc89

The only quality piece of tactics I can think of that Mancini's done is converting Yaya to a more attacking role. He absolutely flourishes there.

Also Vermaelen is overrated as fuck

Yaya is awesome when he's up supporting the attacks.

Salazar

The problem with Arsenals defence is that none of them can hold a line to cause a offside trap. One of them will have a brain freeze and wander out of position atleast once and fuck up their whole defense. It happened against Malaysia(?) in their Friendlies as well.

And they have a first choice keeper who is a little bit prone to Barthez moments.

pappe

Yaya was City's most important player last season and he will be again this season. City struggled massively when he was out during January and he always stepped up when they needed goals in the last few matches.

dc89

Mancini is talking about RVP again.

What's he saying this time? Arsenal and City are both playing today, ESPN.

Yaya was City's most important player last season and he will be again this season. City struggled massively when he was out during January and he always stepped up when they needed goals in the last few matches.

That's why we need a De Rossi or something, anything! Mancini knows this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom