• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Now we all know the real reason why Bale didn't go.

Don't blame him, to be honest. It's like Rooney and his hair transplant, it looks better, and you can afford it.

In regards to Adam, it was a horrendous challenge and clearly cynical, so I'm really curious to see exactly what his problem with Bale is. I don't buy Walker's brain dead analysis of him simply being jealous of Bale's talent, that doesn't make any sense frankly, Adam comes across tons of players who're better footballers but doesn't immediately go to frig up their ankles.

I really dislike Bale, respect him as a fantastic footballer, but despise the guy. Adam's tackle was indefensible though; as Usho said, if that'd had been a Spurs player on Lucas I would've walked to Baltimore in my bare feet to give the offender a smack.

Meier

Why should he? Contrast Yaya who is on £250k and very very open about wanting to 'one day' go back to Barca.

This is just what City has to deal with.

I don't believe he makes that much personally. There are various salaries bandied about, but no one knows for sure though of course. Every news article at the time of Rooney's extension claimed he was now the highest in the PL and Yaya hasn't extended since then so I don't believe it personally. City's salary "ceiling" is said to be around £200k with a number of guys on or around that figure (Aguero and Yaya, Silva shortly when he re-ups and Kompany according to some reports although I've also heard £130-150k).

Either way, Yaya is the best midfielder in the PL and was incredibly key to winning the title and the FA Cup so he's worth every penny he's paid. Hopefully De Rossi is signed soon because the two of them would be incredible.

Why do so many people dislike Bale? I don't exactly "like" him but I've got no reason to dislike him either.

He's a good player who takes an occasional tumble, nothing unique about that. Outside of that he just seems to be totally plain and forgettable. Never really in the press, no JT like behaviour on or off the pitch...just that stupid celebration he nicked off Pato.

Meh.

Kyoufu

Pretty sure he tackled Bale that way because of the dive at Anfield last season.

I don't feel bad for Bale. He's a cheating JT.

Meier

Always my favorite part about clicking around the City website. Kind of a big jaw, but Messi would approve.

blue800x450.ashx

Goal suggests Adebayor to Spurs should be official within 48 hours. One can only hope..

I don't believe he makes that much personally. There are various salaries bandied about, but no one knows for sure though of course. Every news article at the time of Rooney's extension claimed he was now the highest in the PL and Yaya hasn't extended since then so I don't believe it personally. City's salary "ceiling" is said to be around £200k with a number of guys on or around that figure (Aguero and Yaya, Silva shortly when he re-ups and Kompany according to some reports although I've also heard £130-150k).

Either way, Yaya is the best midfielder in the PL and was incredibly key to winning the title and the FA Cup so he's worth every penny he's paid. Hopefully De Rossi is signed soon because the two of them would be incredible.
I believe him and Aguero earn a basic wage of £198k a week. I've seen that figure around alot lately, can't remember where though.

I really really doubt anybody on the PL is above £200k. Messi and Ronaldo were the world highest earners earning between £200k-£250k a week before Zlatan and Eto'o got their recent moves.

I think Rooneys basic wage is actually around £160k-£180k. No way of knowing for sure of course but when he had his u-turn and renewed the MUFC fanzine Red Issue broke the news a couple of days before it happened and suggested that figure.

All these players will be on various bonuses however and some of them probably don't even show up on the balance sheet.

K1LLER7

I agree. I don't think Bale should have said those things though, it's a bit pointless and he could have made his point without calling Adam a coward for example. But I can see why he's pissed. Adam's tackle was ridiculous.

Brazilian press are apparently saying Lucas Moura's family have travelled to England today. IT'S BACK ON CHAPS!
He's going to City

pappe

Why do so many people dislike Bale? I don't exactly "like" him but I've got no reason to dislike him either.

He's a good player who takes an occasional tumble, nothing unique about that. Outside of that he just seems to be totally plain and forgettable. Never really in the press, no JT like behaviour on or off the pitch...just that stupid celebration he nicked off Pato.

Meh.

I dont understand this as well. He is a good player who has potential and incredibly quick I cant recount anything bad he has done.

Now Adam on the other hand....

Arnie

Only started truly disliking him after his conduct at Anfield last season; diving, whining, cocky, and I got a general sense of pompousness from him. Sure, he's not done anything truly worthy of the JT tag, he hasn't shagged his teammates wife, or shagged a granny, but he winds me up when he's the opposition. Still respect his immense talent, but he's not a likeable character in any way, unless you're a Spurs fan.

One thing that's always winded me up is how Liverpool fans treat Adam. Nothing to do with his conduct towards Bale, but it seems like people despise him for some reason. He's not been terrible in a Liverpool shirt, he just hasn't been as influential as he was for Blackpool, nor has he replicated his form from set pieces. Don't think that's a reason to start calling him all sorts of disrespectful names and whining when he's in the team sheet though. He gives his all and he's generally ok, rarely terrible.

Wilbur

Banned
Adam just looks so odd as a professional footballer. He's doughy, slow, looks like an alcoholic factory worker. It confuses me.

Bale's a bit of a knob on a football pitch, but most people are. I do think he started to believe his own hype on the back of a great half season, but he backed it up enough last year to be fair.

Mastadon

Banned
Adam just looks so odd as a professional footballer. He's doughy, slow, looks like an alcoholic factory worker. It confuses me.

Bale's a bit of a knob on a football pitch, but most people are. I do think he started to believe his own hype on the back of a great half season, but he backed it up enough last year to be fair.

You could have just said Scottish.

Hixx

That gif where Adam steals the fried chicken(?) is just how I always picture him. I hear his name/see him on the tv/whatever, that gif goes through my head.

LegoArmo

I don't like Adam when he plays for Scotland. Constantly trying Hollywood balls and giving away possession which puts the team under pressure. Of course he's always likely to smash in a free kick, or swing in a great ball from a corner for one of our lumps to head in, which is the trade off.

Players like Brown and Fletcher (sad face) are more effective though and we have the great hope that is Barry Bannan.

Fry

Adam's attitude really irkes me, and he often makes me shake my head while playing. Those hollywood balls that always break the team's play. Not to mention the embarrassing attempts at goal from distance.

That's very interesting because the man who struck the deal has been sacked for not disclosing financial details.

Odd.

Something I'm getting increasingly used to with us.

Wilbur

Banned
I think Chevrolet could look quite nice.

@MUFC_Facebook: valencia doesnt deserve 7 they shuldve retired it in owens honour

the fuck

GorillaJu

The Chevrolet logo is as iconic as car logos come. If it is simply the Chevy logo, in a single color without any silly embellishments it'd be perfect. If it's overdone with the 3d effects, beveling, and metallic shine, I wouldn't like it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom