• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

elseanio

Can Rio be banned games for this?

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2012/rio-ferdinand-charged-july

Ferdinand charged
Monday, 30 July, 2012
Manchester United defender charged over Twitter comments.

The FA has today charged Manchester United's Rio Ferdinand with improper conduct in relation to comments posted on Twitter.

The allegation is that the player acted in a way which was improper and/or bought the game into disrepute by making comments which included a reference to ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race.

Ferdinand has until 4pm on 2 August 2012 to respond to the charge.

GorillaJu

Great goal by Tevez. I wonder what the chances of him getting many minutes are this year. Would make a shrewd FPL signing at only 9.0

Rio charged by FA for Twitter comments.

iML1vq8EzyAME.gif

K1LLER7

Johnson scored one too. Nice to see City dominating. Need them to keep United in their place.
Can't wait for the City/United games this season. Think Kagawa will make a massive difference to the team, and hope there's something in Moura's family being in England today.

Meier

Great goal by Tevez. I wonder what the chances of him getting many minutes are this year. Would make a shrewd FPL signing at only 9.0

Depending on what happens with new signings or whether or not he stays, I think Mancini will stick with Tevez starting alongside Aguero. They link up quite well together.. I think the fact that the two of them and Zaba are such good mates is the only way that Tevez may stay at City.

Ugh. That's Jones and Carrick potentially starting at CB for our opening games.
Rafael going to be joining up only a few days before the start of the season too.

Fergie must be pissed at Rio. So stupid he will deserve his ban.

Morsel goes on about 6-1 more than dc does. That's not right.

Riddle me this, if JT gets charged by the FA. Then Rio gets charged by the FA. How exactly does Anton not? They all talked shit, so shouldn't they all be getting in shit?

LegoArmo

If they charged anyone who said anything a bit rude there wouldn't be many players left. Should keep it to comments about race, or sexuality.

Hard to know where to draw the line, though. Comments about dead relatives could be just as offensive to a man, if not more.

Riddle me this, if JT gets charged by the FA. Then Rio gets charged by the FA. How exactly does Anton not? They all talked shit, so shouldn't they all be getting in shit?

Did Anton say anything that could be considered racist? Speaking shit is hardly something they go and charge all footballers for, in that case Owen would not even be allowed to sit on the bench anymore.

GorillaJu

Rafael going to be joining up only a few days before the start of the season too.

Fergie must be pissed at Rio. So stupid he will deserve his ban.

Morsel goes on about 6-1 more than dc does. That's not right.

6 goals going in United's net at Old Trafford is worth scheduling a weekend around to watch.

Arnie

6 goals going in United's net at Old Trafford is worth scheduling a weekend around to watch.
Few things as pleasurable as imagining a family of United fans making the 4 hours pilgrimage back to London after that game in absolute silence, SAF air freshener dangling from the rear view mirror, pumping out the scent of utter humiliation.

The dad snapping when one of the kids asks a routine question, the child then bursting into tears, soaking his replica Rooney jersey in the process.

I agree that using "bad" language shouldn't be something that players get charged for. But the Anton and Terry situation is some what different given that it's well documented and Anton admits to using all sorts of bad language toward Terry (as Terry did he) and brought up the alleged Wayne Bridge incident.

I'd of thought the whole situation, both parties included, would of fallen under "bringing the game in to disrepute".

GorillaJu

Few things as pleasurable as imagining a family of United fans making the 4 hours pilgrimage back to London after that game in absolute silence, SAF air freshener dangling from the rear view mirror, pumping out the scent of utter humiliation.

The dad snapping when one of the kids asks a routine question, the child then bursting into tears, soaking his replica Rooney jersey in the process.

MUFC_Facebook: fargueson air freshne is ur fuckass smell of GIGGSY. plz 2 tha next one is OwenBalls#7

posted by this guy's wife:

Ji-Sung+Park+fans.jpg

Meier

You paint a lovely picture

LegoArmo

Very silly thing to do. Have to wonder how the atmosphere was in the England squad in the past. I don't think these players have liked each other for a long time.

Rio didn't actually say the comment himself, right? Just laughed at it? He might get off.
He said "hahah Choc ice is classic" or something like that.

I'm not sure how it's exactly it infringes the rules and I don't think it was massively offensive but for sheer stupidity alone I hope he gets a ban.

Can't really defend it so he's going to have to deal with it now.

Glad most of the bloggers I follow on twitter are saying as much too. Irresponsible from Rio and he may miss some games now.

I agree that using "bad" language shouldn't be something that players get charged for. But the Anton and Terry situation is some what different given that it's well documented and Anton admits to using all sorts of bad language toward Terry (as Terry did he) and brought up the alleged Wayne Bridge incident.

I'd of thought the whole situation, both parties included, would of fallen under "bringing the game in to disrepute".

Except racism projects widespread harm in a way that calling a philanderer a philanderer doesn't.

Snaku

Banned
The Chevrolet logo is as iconic as car logos come. If it is simply the Chevy logo, in a single color without any silly embellishments it'd be perfect. If it's overdone with the 3d effects, beveling, and metallic shine, I wouldn't like it at all.

Agreed. I'll be interested to see what the shirt looks like.

:lol this is incredible. Reads like Nolan scene.

Except racism projects widespread harm in a way that calling a philanderer a philanderer doesn't.
That's not the point. The point was that this whole fiasco has brought the game in to disrepute as the FA like to put it. Wayne Rooney got banned (I believe) for saying fuck at a camera, so why aren't both parties in this case being charged when the shit that both talked is well documented.

I'm not saying that JT's alleged racism is on par with calling each other bad names. But when calling each other bad names gets this big, surely an example has to be made of all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom