• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Don't go to QPR, Berbatov. Please for the love of God don't. Not even you will prevent me from wishing a brutal death on the club. Those suckers need relegating STAT.

pappe

Why do people hate QPR so much? They JT owners early in the season and they have Barton who is probably a bigger JT than JT but he is most probably on his way out. Why the hate?

Wilbur

Banned
Why do people hate QPR so much? They JT owners early in the season and they have Barton who is probably a bigger JT than JT but he is most probably on his way out. Why the hate?

Warnock
Hughes
Cisse
Zamora
Anton
Barton
Old owners
New owners

D_prOdigy

Would be fine with Berba to QPR, because I don't have this need to see QPR relegated...

Actually be nice to see him stay in the PL (and with Park). Not quite the 'to Arsenal for £30m' scenario I was hoping for, but fine nonetheless.

Arnie

Sports reporter from The Time saying Spurs are chasing Aly Cissokho, doesn't look good for BAE with a year left on his contract, probably off for Champions League football somewhere. One of Spurs best players too.

Sports reporter from The Time saying Spurs are chasing Aly Cissokho, doesn't look good for BAE with a year left on his contract, probably off for Champions League football somewhere. One of Spurs best players too.
Aly Cissokho is very good though. Another LB who would be useful for United.

LegoArmo

I like him, not sure where he'd go, wherever pays most, I guess.

Aly Cissokho hasn't been too great recently, from what I've heard.

Feorax

Because I am a petty, petty man, I think Liverpool should register a strong interest in Cissokho.

Fry

Does anyone in here know a mod that will read your messages in the same day you send them? I need a thread title change.

Carbonox

Isn't Cissokho going to Italy? I know Newcastle was one of the favourites for his signature until his agent said that Italy was the chosen destination. Would be nice to have a natural LB to challenge Santon (and push him to improve cos he's been utter shite this summer).

Arnie

Because I am a petty, petty man, I think Liverpool should register a strong interest in Cissokho.
Wouldn't hurt, bump his price up.
Isn't Cissokho going to Italy? I know Newcastle was one of the favourites for his signature until his agent said that Italy was the chosen destination. Would be nice to have a natural LB to challenge Santon (and push him to improve cos he's been utter shite this summer).
Perhaps he just didn't fancy a move to Newcastle, I'm sure he'd bite at the chance to play in that training facility.

:lol Talksport have some great fake posters for this whole Bale v Adam affair...

killbill.jpg

Today the CL qualifiers finally start for us Dutchies. However, I think it also ends today, as I don't think Feyenoord is able to tackle Kiev.

Zabojnik

My mind just exploded in a million fuuuucks. Larry Wachowski = Lana Wachowski. I had no idea. None whatsoever. I saw the trailer / promo photos for The Cloud Atlas and I though she was their sister or the wife of one of the brothers, lol. How did I miss that? Mind blown.

Yen

My mind just exploded in a million fuuuucks. Larry Wachowski = Lana Wachowski. I had no idea. None whatsoever. I saw the trailer / promo photos for The Cloud Atlas and I though she was their sister or the wife of one of the brothers, lol. How did I miss that? Mind blown.

This isn't new news either. It's been known for about 5 years. lol

Just out of bed after a killer migraine, probably caused by the fact I've been going to bed so late the last two nights, watching Breaking Bad. Top show.

GQman2121

Banned
Agger's resolve being tested by City is very interesting. Losing him would throw a huge wrench in Rodgers plans for this season.

This isn't new news either. It's been known for about 5 years. lol

Just out of bed after a killer migraine, probably caused by the fact I've been going to bed so late the last two nights, watching Breaking Bad. Top show.

I've really turned a corner with Breaking Bad. Season 4 was very good, and thus far, S5 has been strong. The first three seasons were very much average viewing imo, so I'm very glad that it's come around.

Yen

Agger's resolve being tested by City is very interesting. Losing him would throw a huge wrench in Rodgers plans for this season.

Who was it this morning who said we shouldn't replace him and just buy Cavani instead? Let's do that! So crazy it just might be awesome.

For those of you interested I summed up the IPO news yesterday in this article.

Didn't mention it yesterday but a further 10% of the club has been given away too and it seems Ferguson is in line to get a cut, touched on that too.

Was tough to write! :(

Glazers drain MUFC

Yen

I've really turned a corner with Breaking Bad. Season 4 was very good, and thus far, S5 has been strong. The first three seasons were very much average viewing imo, so I'm very glad that it's come around.

Wha-? S1 was fantastic, so it gets even better? Cranston is fantastic. He needs to be a protagonist in an action movie!

Yen

Even though S1 is GREAT, it's easily the worst one of the series. I told you, you're in for a great fucking ride.

What episode are you on?

Just have the last episode of S1 to watch. Then S2, and I'll have to find copies of 3, 4 and 5. Which could be difficult as the show doesn't air in the UK, and I think there's a while hanlin over DVD availability.
Torrents may be my only hope.

Edit: amazon have 1-3.

Wilbur

Banned
For those of you interested I summed up the IPO news yesterday in this article.

Didn't mention it yesterday but a further 10% of the club has been given away too and it seems Ferguson is in line to get a cut, touched on that too.

Was tough to write! :(

Glazers drain MUFC

Tough read, but fantastic write up Viva. You've done far better to get me to understand it than many financial journals have.

Sickening, really. I'm so disappointed in SAF.

Dynoro

Just have the last episode of S1 to watch. Then S2, and I'll have to find copies of 3, 4 and 5. Which could be difficult as the show doesn't air in the UK, and I think there's a while hanlin over DVD availability.
Torrents may be my only hope.

Edit: amazon have 1-3.

Netflix have seasons 1-3 in the UK if you are after them

Juventus have just offered £20m to Arsenal for RVP. We've already reportedly agreed to terms with the player, which is supposedly an illegal amount of money for his salary.

WENGER JUST SHUT UP AND TAKE OUR MONEY

If anyone should profit from the increased value of the club, it's Sir Alex Ferguson. He's largely responsible for it.
I can't agree, not in this way.

I would have no problem with Fergie filling his boots off the clubs riches were it all done above board and fairly. This is unfair, it's being done in an underhand way and off the coat tails of the Glazer's. The club is losing out. The club should be the priority, not Fergie.

Fergie is a legend and has been amazing for us...all credit due, but does he really need this? And as I said, even if he does, not like this. If he asked or was given a share of the club in the right way, up front, most fans wouldn't have a problem with it at all.

Tough read, but fantastic write up Viva. You've done far better to get me to understand it than many financial journals have.

Sickening, really. I'm so disappointed in SAF.
Cheers mate.

Yep, for a long time I couldn't get my head around what Fergie was doing and I wanted to make every excuse in the world for him. Not anymore. I'll always respect and admire what he's done for the club but he has got this all wrong for me and I don't think he can ever make it right.

£100 lol.

Worst decision of my life. I blame Viva.

All the RVP and Juve talk from him, his father, his agent, plus the fact that Arsenal wouldn't want to sell him to a direct competitor? It was always going to be Juve or he stays, I think. And the fact that we've offered more money than I think he's worth (the player is fantastic, but he is in his final year of his contract).....

Did you make this bet in February or something?

Kyoufu

All the RVP and Juve talk from him, his father, his agent, plus the fact that Arsenal wouldn't want to sell him to a direct competitor? It was always going to be Juve or he stays, I think. And the fact that we've offered more money than I think he's worth (the player is fantastic, but he is in his final year of his contract).....

Did you make this bet in February or something?

WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE

Wouldn't be the first time they've sold a top player to City and I figured he'd want to stay in England for the sake of his family.

Oh well. Can't win them all.

Salvadora

WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE

Wouldn't be the first time they've sold a top player to City and I figured he'd want to stay in England for the sake of his family.

Oh well. Can't win them all.

You should have read up on the restaurant situation in Manchester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom