• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
It was a team sheet thing like you get in the programme. We didn't actually go to the game, we were mooching around outside St James when some woman came and said we could have the sheet because she'd been in one of the boxes and had no use for it. And then we hung around at the back where Bobby was being picked up and he signed it for me. But I don't know where it is now haha :/

Real legend though.

Carbonox

Seems Gregory Van Der Wiel is Newcastle's backup should Debuchy not sign (even though that deal should be done this week). I wouldn't mind him at all, though I know he hasn't exactly lived up to his potential in recent years. He's class on FIFA though. :p

Van Der Wiel - like many players in the Dutch league it seems - will be available on a free next Summer so 4m-5m Euros has been suggested as a possible price tag for the player.

Wilbur

Banned
Seems Gregory Van Der Wiel is Newcastle's backup should Debuchy not sign (even though that deal should be done this week). I wouldn't mind him at all, though I know he hasn't exactly lived up to his potential in recent years. He's class on FIFA though. :p

Was sheer wank at the Euros

rvy

Banned
salvio23gkev.jpg

This is fucking ridiculous. We need wingbacks and midfielders, not another God damn winger.

Kyoufu

Van Der Wiel - like many players in the Dutch league it seems - will be available on a free next Summer so 4m-5m Euros has been suggested as a possible price tag for the player.

Can't see Cabaye staying if we don't get Debuchy. Plus Debs is class. Need him signed this week. :/

Feorax

Apparently City are going to bid £20 million for Agger.

If we can get them up to £25 million, I'd be tempted to sell. That money, plus whatever we make from the Carroll sale, could be spent on a real world class striker, who we could pay a decent wage from the money saved by not having Kuyt, Maxi, Carroll, Aquilani, etc on the books. We could be talking a £40 million transfer fee and in the region of £100k a week, which would be enough for a striker who would vastly improve us I would hope.

Even without Agger, a defence if Johnson, Skrtel, Enrique, and one of Kelly, Carragher and Coates as centre back should be competent enough.

pappe

Apparently City are going to bid £20 million for Agger.

If we can get them up to £25 million, I'd be tempted to sell. That money, plus whatever we make from the Carroll sale, could be spent on a real world class striker, who we could pay a decent wage from the money saved by not having Kuyt, Maxi, Carroll, Aquilani, etc on the books. We could be talking a £40 million transfer fee and in the region of £100k a week, which would be enough for a striker who would vastly improve us I would hope.

Even without Agger, a defence if Johnson, Skrtel, Enrique, and one of Kelly, Carragher and Coates as centre back should be competent enough.

RVP!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

You'd need to buy a replacement CB if you sold Agger. Coates and Kelly are good prospects, but prospects won't get you up the table. With Carragher a liability in the league Skrtel would be your only reliable option. You can have Bassong if you like.

pappe

You'd need to buy a replacement CB if you sold Agger. Coates and Kelly are good prospects, but prospects won't get you up the table. With Carragher a liability in the league Skrtel would be your only reliable option. You can have Bassong if you like.

They will buy Ashley Williams. B-Rod-Swans connection yo!

Bryan Oviedo now rumored to Everton as a replacement for Baines (Moyes was in Denmark to see him the other day). Fuck, we should have given him a contract extension a year ago, ffs. Guess he will be cheap as he only got a year left of his contract.

NHale

He needs players that only perform in the CL? Is Liverpool in the CL this year?

Gaitan also performs on the Portuguese league. However after the Man Utd rumors in January, his performance dropped like a stone.

Quite frankly, Gaitan is like a mini Hulk: overrated players that are not worth anywhere near what their clubs are asking for them.

Carbonox

All I know about Curtis Good is that he's a similar type of player to Jaap Stam, according to those who watch him.

Now in reality, that means he's a Paul McShane most likely.

Kyoufu

Not sure about our transfer policy. We got rid of Best but are now signing Good.

As Hixx would say... I'll grab me coat.

rvy

Banned
Gaitan also performs on the Portuguese league. However after the Man Utd rumors in January, his performance dropped like a stone.

Quite frankly, Gaitan is like a mini Hulk: overrated players that are not worth anywhere near what their clubs are asking for them.

Playing well 4 games every season does not count as "performing".
Fuck Gaitán, lol.

PaulLFC

I'd hope we don't sell Agger for £20 million, when fit he's worth more than that. £25million at the very least, to be honest I'd want more than that. It's City, they have money. Start the bidding at £30million!

Zabojnik

This is how close Conte will sit to the bench at our stadium:
524363_381943541873245_1739344700_n.jpg

We'll lose him for three months, but since the season starts in late August, it's just two months of football. (for doing nothing)

Anyway..

Happy birthday Antonio Conte :(

Ah, he'll be even able to hold press conferences? Such a useless ban. I'm glad, though. :) Pepe'll back soon enough too, Bonucci though ... I fear his career my be compromised. Hopefully he'll be able to pull a Guardiola.

Saw TDKR and Spider-Man yesterday. Both were okay.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ah, he'll be even able to hold press conferences? Such a useless ban. I'm glad, though. :) Pepe'll back soon enough too, Bonucci though ... I fear his career my be compromised. Hopefully he'll be able to pull a Guardiola.

Saw TDKR and Spider-Man yesterday. Both were okay.

We need him in the locker room :(

Bonucci wants to fight the..uhh..system(?). Good luck with that.

Hey, at least no one can spoil TDKR on you now! I have to tread carefully for a month!

Arnie

I agree, if Agger goes we need to sign a centre back. We've definitely been looking at Amorebieta for Bilbao, does anyone know anything about him? And Spaniards want to weigh in?

If we can find a half decent replacement for less than £10 million though, I really hope we do start putting the pennies together for a real world class striker. That, and a couple of decent players out wide are what the squad's really missing.

dc89

“@MacGregor72: @VincentKompany The brainless footballer perspective, I presume?” - Exactly, we're all stupid. Its "footballer's" by the way

Kompany knows how to deal with WUM's.

LegoArmo

Liverpool's squad just lacks depth in most positions, goalkeeper, right back, and centre mid are fine, but new players in other positions would help over a long season, especially with the Europa League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom