• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Same, and it's no doubt a horrendously distorted image of the city.

It is and it isn't. The other part is full of artsy hipsters, big business, sports (Football/baseball) and decent local cuisine. It's a city deep in US history and it's not nearly as bad off as a number of US cities I've been to.

Kyoufu

Nobody's suggesting a bidding war, as if West Ham and Newcastle will be scrapping over Carroll, but we know Andy only wants to return to Newcastle and we know Newcastle are very interested in Andy; all accepting the West Ham bid does is tell Newcastle that we're ready for serious offers now.

Tomorrow should be a huge day, with Ba's contract clause coming to a close.

Please buy him.

Some quotes from a media event...

Tony Parks: "We're always looking to improve. Brad 41, Carlo 39. Hugo Lloris is a contender. Watched him since 16. I like him. Has the talent."
Tony Parks: "Gareth Bale wants to lose the no 3 shirt. Doesn't want no. 9 it was just the only number free on tour. All will be revealed."
Freund on Sig: "Fantastic ability, you'll be surprised by his talent."

Kyoufu

Who, Ba? Wouldn't want to take a chance on such a volatile player. I'm an anxious man as it is, let alone when our star striker's knee is held together by plastic explosives.

Think about it. He'll cost less than all your 10+ million pound superstars.

Arnie

Bale should prise the '7' shirt off Lennon.

Don't think anyone will be surprised by Gylfi though, at this point everyone knows how good a player he is. Still gutted we missed out on him to be honest, our attacking options still seem really light. I want a quick resolve to this Carroll fiasco first and foremost, so we know where we stand going forward. We've replaced Dirk in Borini, should replace Maxi in Dempsey, but we're still a striker short in my mind because either one or both of Bellamy and Carroll will move on.

Think about it. He'll cost less than all your 10+ million pound superstars.
But his knee's made of meccano.

Sky were reporting Ruben Kazan are ready to bid for Ba.

Though why any black player would go to Russia is beyond me.

kj2l9.jpg

ibxJNUj89lFNQZ.gif

I guess tripling his wages was a good help for N'Doye deciding on leaving... But still, fuck me, if I was black I would not want to go to Lokomotiv Moscow of all places. But guess it's all about the money at that point, having a large family back at Senegal you want secured for the rest of your life and everything.

HXHoV.jpg

Why is Bellamy potentially leaving Liverpool?

Only 3 weeks till the start of the season and most clubs are yet to do important pieces of business.

I'd say Chelsea have done the best so far, in terms of getting in what they need. Not sure about all of the clubs lower down the league but it seems like Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland, Everton (lol) are all yet to make moves too.

Should be a busy few weeks now.

K1LLER7

Why is Bellamy potentially leaving Liverpool?

Only 3 weeks till the start of the season and most clubs are yet to do important pieces of business.

I'd say Chelsea have done the best so far, in terms of getting in what they need. Not sure about all of the clubs lower down the league but it seems like Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland, Everton (lol) are all yet to make moves too.

Should be a busy few weeks now.
QPR have done quite well too IMO. Signed 6 or 7 players. Off the top of my head they signed: Park, Fabio, Hoilett. Everton were close to signing Pienaar, which would be pretty good for them.

kj2l9.jpg

ibxJNUj89lFNQZ.gif

I guess tripling his wages was a good help for N'Doye deciding on leaving... But still, fuck me, if I was black I would not want to go to Lokomotiv Moscow of all places. But guess it's all about the money at that point, having a large family back at Senegal you want secured for the rest of your life and everything.

I still have no idea why Loko even got N'Doye. They already have Pavlyuchenko, Caicedo, Obinna and Sytchev. Pav and Caicedo even look like they have some nice chemistry going. Oh well, watching competitors make dumb decisions is almost more enjoyable that your own team's success.

pulga

Banned
The boys at Coventry Stadium. Look at those smiling motherfuckers, they still can't believe they pulled it off.

Honduras_bigphoto_homearticle.jpg

Londres-2012_bigphoto_homearticle.jpg

Carroll leaving :(
Recouping possibly £19m for him :)
Suso probably staying :D

Also, just a reminder to people that there are spaces in the paid fantasy league. While I'm on the subject, are you still in Wilbury, Snoopen and Keio?

rodvik

Also, just a reminder to people that there are spaces in the paid fantasy league. While I'm on the subject, are you still in Wilbury, Snoopen and Keio?

I think Rodgers has handled the Carroll thing fairly poorly so far to be honest. God knows how the player must feel right about now.

MPW

watching undercover boss uk (pizza go go episode)

tottenham is one scary place, getting jumped on when delivering pizza ... WTF?

dc89

Does the IPO help United get rid of the Glazers in anyway?
Does it make the likely hood of a take over imcrease or make the club more appealing to buy?

Serious questions for a debate I'm having.

Wilbur

Banned

Think I'm gonna have to sit it out for now, sorry!

Salazar

Don't think so. They're still very much cashing in, not cashing out. I'm sure they're gradually giving more and more thought to an exit, but they're sufficiently powerful and bloodyminded to wait and try their best to do it all on their terms.

Does it make the likely hood of a take over imcrease or make the club more appealing to buy?

Nope.

pappe

Serious questions for a debate I'm having.
From what i gather.(I might be wrong)
If it is successful the debt will be reduced by a small amount and the GLazers pocket will be filled with money so they are less likely to leave and they will still have full control regarding the decisions related to working of the club.

If it fails Glazer would have no choice but to sell i believe.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This is how close Conte will sit to the bench at our stadium:
524363_381943541873245_1739344700_n.jpg

We'll lose him for three months, but since the season starts in late August, it's just two months of football. (for doing nothing)

Anyway..

Happy birthday Antonio Conte :(

dc89

Ahhh. The American football player.

I'll have a few words in the office today, see if we can a City home shirt to her.

bjaelke

City are thought to have had offers of £13million and £16million rejected by Liverpool, but they could come back with a third bid as they look to make their first signing of the summer.

fuck off

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lol Charlie Adam's agent is called Kenny Moyes

But last night Adam’s agent Kenny Moyes said: “It doesn’t warrant a reply because everyone knows Charlie is not that type of player. Everyone in football knows he has no malice or anything like that in him. For someone to have a go like that is outrageous.

This is what happens when you finish outside the top 4 for 3 years in a row. Top players want to play at the top level, no matter how much they 'love' their current club. Despite what Gerrard says, I doubt many of the Liverpool squad expect to be in that top 4 next season.

bjaelke

This is what happens when you finish outside the top 4 for 3 years in a row. Top players want to play at the top level, no matter how much they 'love' their current club. Despite what Gerrard says, I doubt many of the Liverpool squad expect to be in that top 4 next season.

That's not at all what I'm on about. I can't really blame him if we don't deliver (improve) next season. It's the City link I'm worried about. I rather see him go to Real Madrid or Barcelona if he wants to leave this Summer.

jtb

Banned
Europe's top five* leagues - chances created 2006-11: 1. Cesc - 466, 2. Xavi - 455, 3. Lampard - 452

Cesc was a damn good player for us. A bit of a shame his talents aren't even being put to full use in Barcelona; that's how fucking stacked that midfield is, I guess. Bigger shame is the ridiculously low transfer fee. goddamn it Arsene!!!

pappe

Cesc was a damn good player for us. A bit of a shame his talents aren't even being put to full use in Barcelona; that's how fucking stacked that midfield is, I guess. Bigger shame is the ridiculously low transfer fee. goddamn it Arsene!!!

Cesc should get a lot of playtime this season as Xavi is getting old and getting injured quite often.

For anyone interested Andy Green will be on Sky News in a few minutes to talk about the IPO for United.

Got Sky News on in the background. I heard something about 600 million and thought it was related to United. Turns out there's a power cut in India. Up to 600 million people without power. 600 million!

pappe

Got Sky News on in the background. I heard something about 600 million and thought it was related to United. Turns out there's a power cut in India. Up to 600 million people without power. 600 million!

Yeah approximately 19 states in the North have been hit by power cuts. Luckily no power cut in Bombay yet. 19 out of 28 states in all.
Whats funny is they still havent announced the reason for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom