• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That pic looks fake to be honest. Spurs fan, did he really do that to his hair?

Yes. For about a week last summer it was like that, but obviously a Spurs player cannot have red hair like that, so he lopped off the rat tail and changed it to this for one game:

Sandro3.png

Before going back to normal. Neymar probably talked him into it, the Brazilians love their crazy hair.

NHale

There's so many good midfielders in the world it's amazing that United haven't signed one. Ferguson really wants someone special, a new Scholes, but he won't find one, so he should just get a very good player instead.

Joao Moutinho would be a great Scholes replacement. But you guys apparently don't want to spend €35M for a player that is worth ~€20M. I'm sure AVB will pay that absurd fee.

Zabojnik

I've read all types of bullshit figures re: months ban and money. Everything from 4 months and less money (100k) to 3 months and 400k, to 4 months and 400k. Who the fuck knows? Everyone is a lawyer on Twitter, or ITK.

But I will say this, given the impossibility of the situation that Conte will face if it goes to trial, he should take whichever deal gets them as little time away as possible regardless of the money. With these types of figures getting thrown around, anyway, it seems pretty obvious to me that Juve will be paying the fee that gets imposed on Conte and any of his staff.

I am glad to see that a plea will probably still get reached. I'm still most worried about Bonucci and the trial. I fear that he doesn't stand a chance. Does he get to play while he's on trial?

It makes no sense going to trial, that's for sure. It's pretty obvious that the sentence is already written. In fact, seeing how the commission is reluctant to accept a reasonable plea bargain, there's a strong possibility that they would try to pin even more than the 7 months Palazzi is proposing on Conte.

Yeah, judging by today's events alone, Bonucci is probably fucked for life. Unless he's got an ace up his sleeve. No idea what that could be, since it's his word against the word of someone else and in italian sports justice, that's more than enough for a conviction. What I really don't get is Pepe's situation. Allegedly, while at Udinese he recieved a call from a Bari player, who asked him if he would be alright with a match fixing. Pepe refused, but didn't denounce the fact. Is Pepe denying the call even took place or not?

Bonucci probably *could* play while on trial, but it doesn't even matter. The first phase of the trial, in which Bonucci is likely to be found guilty, will be over in a couple of days anyway. This is sports justice, remember? Its sole purpose is to sweep everything under the rug as quicky as possible, so that the various leagues can start on time. Bonucci will surely go to appeal, but in the meantime he's been found guilty, so he won't be able to play.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Joao Moutinho would be a great Scholes replacement. But you guys apparently don't want to spend €35M for a player that is worth ~€20M. I'm sure AVB will pay that absurd fee.

Nah, AVB won't pay that. We cannot afford to overpay for players. If we can't get him for 20m then we won't. Well get Dembele instead.

Hixx

:lol

No.

This one probably was. For a while.

CQOwx.jpg

I had this and Beckham's mohawk as a kid. I stopped playing for my district side during the summer because I looked like a fucking knacker even after I shaved the mohawk off :(

Fry

bayern plays against kaiserslautern in one hour, fry.
don't forget to watch :)

Oh yeah, I'll be there! All sports channel are airing the Olympics, it's a pity, I wanted to watch Bayern in HD again. I don't have good memories about the last match I watched. :(

Fry

I had this and Beckham's mohawk as a kid. I stopped playing for my district side during the summer because I looked like a fucking knacker even after I shaved the mohawk off :(

Beckham's mohawk is awesome, I loved all his hairstyles when I was a kid. Dude can pull off any look.

Slizz

I've been getting the Mario Gomez for the past couple haircuts. But now its all grown out and looks like I got a mop on my head.

Zabojnik

Aimar is injured. Fuck all, I wanted Pirlo to get megged again. My day is ruined.

Yeah, somehow I don't think the player's hearts and minds will be of the match today. I'm sure Benfica will do just fine without Aimar. :)

Speaking of summer friendlies between Benfica and Juve, I'll never forget Ibra's first goal. I think I ordered his jersery the day after. I was so in love. Little did I know ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFtQkw3_VX8

I am glad to see that a plea will probably still get reached. I'm still most worried about Bonucci and the trial. I fear that he doesn't stand a chance. Does he get to play while he's on trial?
If only he'd had the sense to go to Inter, like Ranocchia, this could all have been avoided.

Arnie

Oh, Fernando.

The only haircut I had as a kit was the classic buzzcut that made your head look like a tennis ball. Was cheap, so it's the one I was always encouraged to have. A 2 all over.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Buffon, Lichtsteiner, Marrone, Bonucci, Padoin, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah, Matri, Giovinco

-

Things to come:

-Conte won't ever coach the Azzurri. Fuck off FIGC.
-We WILL win the league, with or without a coach.
-We'll probably crash out in the group stages without Conte, and with Milan and Udinese guaranteed to suck, FIGC just fucked themselves and the co-efficient with them. (Not that we care about it or anything)

dc89

Ok, just listened to TalkSPORT and I'm now convinced one plays Good Cop and the other Bad Cop on purpose.

How can Cundy justify and defend the athletes which threw the badminto game in the Olympics?

off topic I know, but a few in here will know where I am coming from.

Slizz

This pops up on my FB feed. No idea wtf it is, apparently a tourney in January?

y1BlZ.jpg

Regardless I will be in attendance if those teams are really gonna come.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom