• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Inter Milans CEO has apparently gone to Brazil to negotiate with Sao Paolo over the sale of Lucas Moura.

I hope they sign him.

You don't get it, do you? Coentrão does not fit in Madrid's play style. He fits in a team that maintains possession through short passing and movement. More than half of his attempts at one-twos are wasted on Ronaldo.

He has played as LB, Winger, MF and he has been proven bad in every single position with Real Madrid.

The only match I remember he did an acceptable performance was against Osasuna at home, a Match we won by 7 goals or so and with no defensive requirements.

He was signed by Mou just for being Portuguese and a Mendes kid. 30 Million for an okay-for-everything but great-for-nothing? Ridiculous.

dc89

Ilchester-Cheese.jpg

Me and my colleague treated ourself to some of that cheese. Damn it's hot! EXTRA HOT!

rvy

Banned
He has played as LB, Winger, MF and he has been proven bad in every single position with Real Madrid.

The only match I remember he did an acceptable performance was against Osasuna at home, a Match we won by 7 goals or so and with no defensive requirements.

He was signed by Mou just for being Portuguese and a Mendes kid. 30 Million for an okay-for-everything but great-for-nothing? Ridiculous.

You just fucking proved my point.

Krasic coming in. My heart bleeds.

No, it's Mourinho's fault for buying a player he knows does not fit in Madrid's play style.

You don't sign someone you know he doesn't fit to the team. You just don't do it. And I think Mourinho's smart enough to know such thing.

Mourinho wanted a man who played in different positions, and Coentrao has played as a Winger, MF and LB/RB earlier IIRC.

He fitted in what Mourinho wanted, he just didn't top it.

rvy

Banned
You don't sign someone you know he doesn't fit to the team. You just don't do it. And I think Mourinho's smart enough to know such thing.

Mourinho wanted a man who played in different positions, and Coentrao has played as a Winger, MF and LB/RB earlier IIRC.

He fitted in what Mourinho wanted, he just didn't top it.

If that's why he bought Coentrão, there are far better players out there for the job. Fábio almost always played as a LB. He started as a winger, then became a wingback. He never played in the midfield.

Why you buy a LB to play him as a winger and midfielder blows my mind. Why you buy a LB for €30million when you have Marcelo is also mind-blowing.

With Djalo' it was love after the first image search on Google.

A wild summer storm appears.

LMAO. He's injured. I hope he remains injured for the remainder of his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom