• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garjon

Because he's got all the attributes, and he's young, he can be coached.

Agreed on all bar the last point. He seems very egotistical on the pitch and looks like he may be a difficult player to mentor. I'm just not sure if it'll be worth it, he's a bit of a risk. Then again, risk -> reward and all that.

Wilbur

Banned
So

Brazil - Honduras
Japan - Egypt
Great Britain - South Korea
Mexico - Senegal

I think the group winners will win every match, so we'll go into the semis. Reckon we'll finish fourth and whoever plays Brazil in the semi third.

So GB fourth, Mexico/Japan third, Mexico/Japan second, Brazil first.

This is lame. Stuart Pearce is going to be a hero.

To be fair to him, he's better than Hodgy. You all saw him sitting up there in his Sedan Chair unable to comprehend a side with English players playing something other than 442. He's a confused old man looking for his slippers most of the time it seems to me.

pulga

Banned
Fellow Juve-GAF, since I couldn't watch the game because I was busy dying over Honduras, what's the take away? Pogba any good? What about the Udinese buys?

Cyport

I've got a semi final ticket at Wembley but I can't work out if it'll be a possibility of GB v Brazil or Mexico v Japan.

Wessiej

That tournament in Miami is going to be one hell of a tournament

• Manchester United,
• Manchester City,
• Liverpool,
• Tottenham Hotspur,
• AS Roma,
• Boca Juniors,
• Hamburg
• Ajax,
• Santos,
• Benfica
• And others.

Wilbur

Banned
That tournament in Miami is going to be one hell of a tournament

• Manchester United,
• Manchester City,
• Liverpool,
• Tottenham Hotspur,
• AS Roma,
• Boca Juniors,
• Hamburg
• Ajax,
• Santos,
• Benfica
• And others.

Probably youth, I don't see the majority of those teams letting players go to a friendly tournament in January

Wessiej

Probably youth, I don't see the majority of those teams letting players go to a friendly tournament in January

I heard it will be the regular teams, but it will not be in january. Just all the teams Miami is going to see in all of 2013. So meh.

/Edit: Oh it's official: it's a tournament that last 15 months. So lets say Ajax vs Manchester City in january 2013, and Santos vs Tottenham on December 2013. Final is in summer of 2014.

Clegg

Suarez would be brilliant if he could actually score goals.

He can do it all except his actual job as a striker.

Wilbur

Banned
I heard it will be the regular teams, but it will not be in january. Just all the teams Miami is going to see in all of 2013. So meh.

/Edit: Oh it's official: it's a tournament that last 15 months. So lets say Ajax vs Manchester City in january 2013, and Santos vs Tottenham on December 2013. Final is in summer of 2014.

what the fuck

rodvik

Also, this is the best cheese

200g.jpg

pulga

Banned

The fuck? This doesn't make sense AT ALL. Why would any team risk their players?

elsk

Banned
Finally! VIVA HONDUURAAAAAAAS!!

Man, the match against Spain was plain amazing. The lads really gave it all!
Can't wait for the match against Brazil, hope we play some nice football again and not the shit we did against Japan today.

Carbonox

I am intrigued by this new cheese of which you speak. Any particular brand?

Unfortunately not. Just straight fresh from the deli in Tesco's (I forget if you're in England or not :lol). They do a packaged branded version in the normal cheese section (where you get your usual packaged shit) but it has ham bits in it (cheese gotta stay as cheese, no cheating with meat and shit involved).

Do look around though when you next go to a supermarket.

pulga

Banned
Man, the match against Spain was plain amazing. The lads really gave it all!
Can't wait for the match against Brazil, hope we play some nice football again and not the shit we did against Japan today.

I can't wait for Crisanto to own the shit out of Neymar :lol

pulga

Banned
I think Arnold Peralta is going to play as RB again. Crisanto is not looking that good in the Olympics, he was the bomb in the pre-olympics :(

:D

I'm sorry for you guys, really wanted Uruguay to make it. :(

I thought he was fantastic against Spain, but then again the whole team played their hearts out that game to the best of their, admittedly, very limited abilities. Bengston is having an amazing tournament. Suarez needs to take a bunch of these kids to the absoluta.

Who'da thunk there'd be only 1 UEFA and CONMEBOL representatives and TWO CONCACAF for the next round?! Holy shit the world really is ending.

Just got back from the GB game.
Pretty good play by the youngsters. Shame not to see Giggs get some minutes but I was impressed with the possession we had.

Cleverly hardly missed a pass all game & is looking fit for the new season which will be great. Him and Allen controlled the midfield for most of the game.

Hopeful we can progress now with a good shout of a bronze.

Zabojnik

Juve-GAF, I never heared of that Untersee dude before ? Is he any good ? He delivered a great assist for Krasic but aside of that ?

The new Zambrotta! Seriously though, I don't know much about him. 18yo, looks like a good prospect, a balanced RB. Conte's been giving him quite a bit of play-time lately.

Fellow Juve-GAF, since I couldn't watch the game because I was busy dying over Honduras, what's the take away? Pogba any good? What about the Udinese buys?

A solid training match for both teams, I suppose. Some interesting stuff from Giovinco in the first half, a couple of classy Pirlo moves and I'd say that Asamoah is looking pretty good indeed, even when playing out of position like today. Decent defending from our experimental backline, excluding a blunder or two, one fatal (Masi). Matri missed a penalty and was shite in general. The same can be said for Quaglia, which unfortunately is nothing new. :/ Pogba only played 10 minutes or so, can't really say much about his performance. Looked really confident, though. I think he'll be a nice fit, if he stays with us.

Oh yeah, welcome back, Elsk.

Honduras_MU1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom