• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

panty

Luka+Modric+France+v+Croatia+International+AkBDO2VAwSml.jpg

oUGCM.gif

Bumhead

Banned
Got my ticket for our season opener away at Derby. Close call as looks like being a 5,800 sell out so was panicking but can rest easy now.

Get hype. Bring on the new season.

What's he got to be bitter about?

That Radiohead is considered superior by almost everyone.

''I've never even heard 'OK Computer', but anything by Radiohead doesn't make much sense to me,'' he said. ''Everyone's going on about Radiohead pushing things forward, but the only thing they’re famous for really is songs like 'Creep' innit?''

Bumhead

Banned
Definitely Maybe and What's The Story? (Morning Glory) are both much, much better albums than OK Computer.

OK Computer isn't even the best Radiohead album.

Which is why Oasis have sold about 2.5x more albums

No accounting for taste.

And, as Liam's outbursts against Radiohead are much, much more recent than Oasis' era of relevance, how about comparing King of Limbs to Beady Eye's debut album? Pro-tip, one sold more than the other.

3Sixty

Got my ticket for our season opener away at Derby. Close call as looks like being a 5,800 sell out so was panicking but can rest easy now.

Get hype. Bring on the new season.

Nice, I did Derby away in the playoffs the season they got promoted, safe to say no happy memories there.

Was thinking of doing city away on opening day but with it being £50 a ticket and on TV ill save my money for Arsenal away on September 15th and spend the night in LANDAN.

Hixx

To morons.

Is there any need? Anyone who links taste in music to some sort of intellectual prowess is... well, you said it.

No accounting for taste.

And, as Liam's outbursts against Radiohead are much, much more recent than Oasis' era of relevance, how about comparing King of Limbs to Beady Eye's debut album? Pro-tip, one sold more than the other.

Can you find me the sales then?

Salazar

Is there any need? Anyone who links taste in music to some sort of intellectual prowess is... well, you said it.

I like some of Oasis's stuff. The brothers are just mouthy twerps, though.

SAF has confirmed that our back four for upcoming preseason games will be Jones Ferdinand Vidic Evra.

NHale

So, Cazorla to Arsenal for 20M and Modric to Madrid for 40M.

Florentino YOU FUCKING GENIUS!!!!

40M for Luka Modric is a bargain compared to the rumored offer of 40M for Axel Witsel.

Well I'm sure Jorge Mendes has some left back to sell for 30M. Or a goalkeeper for 25M since you desperately need one of those like you needed a LB last year.

Carbonox

Sky Sports sources lol. More like http://www.le10sport.com/football/europe/mercato/losc-nouvelle-offre-de-newcastle-pour-debuchy70188

Saw that last night so we should have gotten a response already. Wonder if they agreed...

They better have agreed. Jammy buggers.

Apparently Amalfitano scored a goal from his own half yesterday, ala Ben Arfa (running from the half, does two defenders, scores). He's certainly improving, even though we did play Gateshead. Bigirimana is godly though.

Kyoufu

They better have agreed. Jammy buggers.

Apparently Amalfitano scored a goal from his own half yesterday, ala Ben Arfa (running from the half, does two defenders, scores). He's certainly improving, even though we did play Gateshead. Bigirimana is godly though.

Abeid scored a cracker from 25 yards too.

He's also French. lol

Debuchy deal is expected to be completed by the end of the week.

When it's confirmed I'll be singing "Debuchy! Debuchy! He loves a French baguette. Debuchy! Debuchy! He gets the lasses wet"

Carbonox

Abeid scored a cracker from 25 yards too.

He's also French. lol

Debuchy deal is expected to be completed by the end of the week.

When it's confirmed I'll be singing "Debuchy! Debuchy! He loves a French baguette. Debuchy! Debuchy! He gets Kyoufu wet"

fixed.

Bumhead

Banned
Nice, I did Derby away in the playoffs the season they got promoted, safe to say no happy memories there.

Was thinking of doing city away on opening day but with it being £50 a ticket and on TV ill save my money for Arsenal away on September 15th and spend the night in LANDAN.

I have no happy memories of Derby either. Since they scored 2 goals in stoppage time to effectively send us down from the Premiership in 2000 I've been 5 or 6 times and not seen us win. 7th time lucky though, hopefully.

Your away plans are slightly more glamarous, must admit.

Pachimari

So, Cazorla to Arsenal for 20M and Modric to Madrid for 40M.

Florentino YOU FUCKING GENIUS!!!!
Cazorla rejected us once, the Madrid train don't come knocking twice. Now, let's get Modric done.

And why are you talking about Florentino? He is not the one deciding our transfers.

Salazar

Premier League Years - thank you for not insisting on showing goals from a range of daft fucken camera angles, excluding only the ones that actually show you what happened.

So godlike to watch a retrospective that uses game footage instead of trying to flash things up.

Shahed

Hope the Debuchy deal gets sorted out soon like. The sooner it is the sooner we can focus on other targets like a striker, centre back and even a left winger.

Really? I'm far from convinced that Ferguson would replace an ageing striker on big wages with another ageing striker on even bigger wages. Van Persie is a massive gamble with his injury record. There's no resale value on a player like that either. United have never made a transfer like this before. The logical explanation is that they want to make City pay as much as possible for him.
One of these "ITK" types I know says we've made another bid for him. He's been right about alot of things in the past so I trust him but of course making a bid means nothing much really.

But I think we're genuinely interested, not just trying to make City pay more. I'm not sure what making City pay more achieves anyway...okay they pay £25m instead of £20m. So what?

I agree though. It's a very unecessary signing as far as I can tell, especially when you see there are clear weaknesses in other parts of the squad. All I can think of is that Fergie sees RVP as an out and out match winner and another world class player to add to the squad. I do think we need another one of those and RVP is definitely one.

Juve still look favourites to me. They need him more than anyone else and I think they'll pay up in the end.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Welcome Jabo. AC Milan I assume?

-

We're close to finding an agreement with Galatasaray over Fry8. I wonder who gave up, Gala or Marotta?

RVP to United makes perfect sense. Imagine RVP being surrounded by Valencia, Nani, Rooney and ClevGod?

Cazorla rejected us once, the Madrid train don't come knocking twice. Now, let's get Modric done.

And why are you talking about Florentino? He is not the one deciding our transfers.

Florentino is the one who has to approve the signs. He's been fooled by Mou enough. Or do you think that Pardeza and José Ángel Sánchez have something to do?

And the fact is that Cazorla didn't reject us, he wanted to come, but Roig didn't want him to leave Villareal. He put Cazorla under big pressure.

K1LLER7

Welcome Jabo. AC Milan I assume?

-

We're close to finding an agreement with Galatasaray over Fry8. I wonder who gave up, Gala or Marotta?

RVP to United makes perfect sense. Imagine RVP being surrounded by Valencia, Nani and Rooney?
How do you miss out Kagawa and the "next Xavi" Cleverly :)

Fergie and Gill were in London Yesterday, maybe to have talks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom