• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he's a manc, I just think he's an idiot who lets personal agendas get in the way of being a proper journalist.
Well I generalised...but alot of Liverpool fans follow that line of thinking on him.

Boardman's tweet is off base anyway. I don't really have much time for him myself, so perhaps I'm biased...but he can criticise Taylor on his journalism alone (which everyone knows is shocking)...to bring Taylor's affiliation with MUFC into it is totally irrelevant and an agenda in itself.

Yen

Perhaps. He's just a fucking numpty, though. He's not a shit journalist because he favours particular teams and reviles others.

I had to do a Daniel Taylor and delete that bit. I remember an article where he said Utd were his second team, but I can't find it.

He doesn't like him at all, though. And vice versa, naturally.

The synopsises (synopsi?) of his books Squeaky Bum Time: The Wit & Wisdom of Sir Alex Ferguson and This Is The One: Sir Alex Ferguson: The Uncut Story of a Football Genius don't suggest that. Reviews for the quotes book are not positive at all.

Fintan

I mostly like the Guardian, but Daniel Taylor's articles have always seemed a bit shit. Even when there is no underlying agenda, they're just very unremarkable. Especially for the Chief Football Writer of such a well known paper.

Not really. On this very page there's clear, irrefutable evidence of his affection for United, so I don't know why you'd make such a bolshie statement.
Affection for United? I must have missed that?

He says he supports United over Derby/Liverpool and think's people have a skewed view about them.

So basically he sympathises with MUFC in some respects...affection? I'm not sure.

Salazar

The synopsises (synopsi?) of his books Squeaky Bum Time: The Wit & Wisdom of Sir Alex Ferguson and This Is The One: Sir Alex Ferguson: The Uncut Story of a Football Genius don't suggest that. Reviews for the quotes book are not positive at all.

Jesus christ. I write as someone who has edited motivational fiction for theme park employees, and the idea of a compilation of Ferguson quotes still makes me retch.

Wilbur

Banned
Why do people even give a fuck about this article?

Yep, this is all I'm thinking. The article was written poorly, Suarez has every right to moan and fans have every right to boo Suarez.

Can't we all just agree he's not a very good writer and drop it?

Zabojnik

BREAKING NEWS: Conte refuses the new plea bargain terms offered by the disciplinary commission - 5 months. He's gonna go to trial. It's open war with the Federation.

EDIT: It's not official yet, actually. But that's what everybody's saying.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Napoli jeered Italy's national anthem in the Coppa Italia, lol.

Good luck with your training, come back soon! Here's an incentive.

12061509033273924.gif

Damn.gif

PaulLFC

Will you be sure to call him out with a similar level of vociferousness when he displays ineptitude in piece about Reading FC?
If I happen to read said piece and realise the ineptitude displayed, then yes. Obviously it is easier to spot such things in articles about your own team, as you're more clued in to the facts and happenings surrounding them.

Meh, Liverpool fans have always had a bit of a strange relationship with the media.
Explain?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BREAKING NEWS: Conte refuses the new plea bargain terms offered by the disciplinary commission - 5 months. He's gonna go to trial. It's open war with the Federation.

EDIT: It's not official yet, actually. But that's what everybody's saying.

Vocalelli: "The referral of Conte is a political issue for the ongoing litigation between Juventus and FIGC"

Well no shit.

And this was lovely>
Lawyer Paolo Rodella who is defending Roberto Vitiello did an almighty job for Conte today, speaking of his honour in an emotional speech. And he poked holes in the testimonies, revealed inconsistencies and even provided proof to the contrary in defence of those accused. Including his client and Antonio Conte

Zabojnik

What were the new plea terms for Conte?

It's hard to understand what exactly's going on atm, but it seems like the commission's proposition is 5 months. Conte would have been 'okay' with 3, maybe, maybe with 4 months, but 5 is pushing it too far, apparently.

It's pretty obvious Conte never wanted the plea bargain, even if technically a plea bargain under the Art. 23 doesn't mean you're admitting to anything. He was willing to swallow the bitter pill for the good of the club and his career and take 3 months, but since they're proposing 5, he said 'fuck you'.

Kyoufu

Booing anthems is just poor form. If you want to boo Suarez then wait for him to get the ball then mock him when he inevitably scuffs his shot. :lol

Salvadora

It's hard to understand what exactly's going on atm, but it seems like the commission's proposition is 5 months. Conte would have been 'okay' with 3, maybe, maybe with 4 months, but 5 is pushing it too far, apparently.

It's pretty obvious Conte never wanted the plea bargain, even if technically a plea bargain under the Art. 23 doesn't mean you're admitting to anything. He was willing to swallow the bitter pill for the good of the club and his career and take 3 months, but since they're proposing 5, he said 'fuck you'.

The whole situation seems like quite a mess.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Salvadora said:
The whole situation seems like quite a mess.

It's quite obvious what's going on though. There's no evidence, and it's the word of one convicted criminal against one billion players.

Palazzi wants 15 months. Your bar story was right :p

Zabojnik

Palazzi wants 15 months. Your bar story was right :p

Haha. Palazzi wants 7 months, which I suppose is what Conte will get, seeing how the sentence is already written (by Palazzi, the judge basically just certifies it) and you have no way of seriously defending youself in a sports trial. With the consequent appeals they stand a good chance of getting it down to 5 months anyway, so taking a 5 months bargain makes no sense.

EDIT: I stand corrected, it's 15 months. Fucking Palazzi. If nothing else it confirm that yesterday's plea bargain was a trap. Wow, just wow.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Haha. Palazzi wants 7 months, which I suppose is what Conte will get, seeing how the sentence is already written (by Palazzi, the judge basically just certifies it) and you have no way of seriously defending youself in a sports trial. With the consequent appeals they stand a good chance of getting it down to 5 months anyway, so taking a 5 months bargain makes no sense.

EDIT: I stand corrected, it's 15 months. Fucking Palazzi. If nothing else it confirm that yesterday's plea bargain was a trap. Wow, just wow.

Agnelli.

NHale

Marca is saying that Santi Cazorla will cost €16M not €20M. What a bargain.

What this badge represent goes beyond winning titles. It's about the image. The good image.

The badge means nothing if you don't win anything. There is no coincidence that everyone thinks Barça is the best club in the world and kids around the world are Barça fans, that's because they won everything in dominating fashion until last year.

But Mourinho is always a risky proposition so you have to ponder what you want, change coaches 3 times per year and keeping having a losing team with a clean image or have a winning team with "Mourinho bullshit".

And quite frankly this Mourinho is a terrible person and is probably the devil has gone too far. When pressured Pep Guardiola did and said stupid stuff also. I fondly remember the "Here at Barça we have greater values, we don't talk about referees." 2 months later "The referees are shit. We are losing La Liga because of referees.". Give me a break.

Yen

Breaking Bad S02E07:
The episode opens with a music video of a mariachi band singing about Heisenberg.
Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom