• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marca is saying that Santi Cazorla will cost €16M not €20M. What a bargain.

The badge means nothing if you don't win anything. There is no coincidence that everyone thinks Barça is the best club in the world and kids around the world are Barça fans, that's because they won everything in dominating fashion until last year.

But Mourinho is always a risky proposition so you have to ponder what you want, change coaches 3 times per year and keeping having a losing team with a clean image or have a winning team with "Mourinho bullshit".

And quite frankly this Mourinho is a terrible person and is probably the devil has gone too far. When pressured Pep Guardiola did and said stupid stuff also. I fondly remember the "Here at Barça we have greater values, we don't talk about referees." 2 months later "The referees are shit. We are losing La Liga because of referees.". Give me a break.

I give 0 fucks about what Barcelona say, despite is quite hilarious.

What I care is about is my team. And there are ways and ways of winning. I like how Mou manages the team, what I don't like is when he appears in media and begins to say bullshit. I'm glad in sort of a way that he has led Karanka in Press Conferences.

We used to win without despecting the rival or complaining like crybabies when we lost.

Yen

:lol :lol :lol

No way, who was it?

That Radiohead is considered superior by almost everyone.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Which is why Oasis have sold about 2.5x more albums

tariq panja ‏@tariqpanja
Alex Ferguson: `not a single grain of truth in this allegation. I do not receive any payments, directly or indirectly, from the IPO.'

I feel like a dick for saying this...but I don't know if I believe him.

Why do I doubt you Fergie :(

Yen

I don't know if that was someone's reasoning or not.. but in terms of quality of output, oasis > Radiohead any day of the week.

I'm not a big Radiohead fan (I haven't listened to anything after Kid A, so I'm probably a poor judge), but Radiohead > Oasis any day of the week.

tariq panja ‏@tariqpanja
Alex Ferguson: `not a single grain of truth in this allegation. I do not receive any payments, directly or indirectly, from the IPO.'

tariq panja ‏@tariqpanja
Ferguson: The Glazer family have let me get on with my job, there is no interference or obstruction, only support

tariq panja ‏@tariqpanja
Ferguson: My decisions and beliefs are not based around what is best for my personal financial gain. That is an accusation that insults me.

tariq panja ‏@tariqpanja
Alex Ferguson says he would've left MUFC `a long time ago' if he was motivated by `personal gain.'

tariq panja ‏@tariqpanja
Ferguson reacting bcos he doesn't want media or anyone else to ``create a rift, however small, between myself and any Manchester United fan'

tariq panja ‏@tariqpanja
Fergie:I've spent 25 years of my life pushing this club forward and not only could I not have done it without those fans, I do it for them.
Have to take Fergie's word on this.

That said he's still come out with some shocking stuff lately.

LegoArmo

He shouldn't have questioned some fans support, but I honestly believe he thinks the Glazers are good owners, especially after who they took over from. Bear in mind that Gill probably deals with all the financial parts of deals.

He's not even the best paid manager in the league, let alone the world, and he deserves to be, I don't think he cares too much about financial gain at this point, surely he's already a multi-millionaire?

I'm guessing he's leaving because of the money problems, no?
Are they still expected to compete in the CL?

Everything is very unclear for the moment.

The only thing that's sure is that they won't be relegated to Liga Adelante.

If they don't play CL, Atlético will, and I'd have win a bet I did last August. So, please, Málaga, refuse to play CL, please, please, please.

elsk

Banned
Everything is very unclear for the moment.

The only thing that's sure is that they won't be relegated to Liga Adelante.

If they don't play CL, Atlético will, and I'd have win a bet I did last August. So, please, Málaga, refuse to play CL, please, please, please.

That would be pretty funny, specially since Atlético has been selling most of their 'key' players.

GorillaJu

That's what you said when I told you Debuchy wanted to play with Cabaye.

Keep telling me I'm gullible :)

I just mean you give way too much credence to random tabloids. 99.9% of what is written about is complete bullshit.

And I never said Debuchy doesn't want to play with Cabaye, I said that footballers being friends with each other and wanting to play with each other isn't how clubs operate. And, separately, it gets on my nerves when fans say they hope a player "has a word" with their national teammate to get them to come to their club. Drives me nuts when Liverpool fans go on about all the Real Madrid players we can sign because Xabi can just "have a word" with them and off they go to become Reds.

Shahed

I'm even more excited. Just read that if we get him for the rumoured price it'll be the most we've spent on transfers since 2004.

Who'd you get back then? Was that the season you bought Reyes?

Apparently we're going to sign Anita by the end of next week.

Holy fuck...

If we got him, do you think he'd start, or be used as cover for when Tiote inevitably gets suspended

Kyoufu

I just mean you give way too much credence to random tabloids. 99.9% of what is written about is complete bullshit.

And I never said Debuchy doesn't want to play with Cabaye, I said that footballers being friends with each other and wanting to play with each other isn't how clubs operate. And, separately, it gets on my nerves when fans say they hope a player "has a word" with their national teammate to get them to come to their club. Drives me nuts when Liverpool fans go on about all the Real Madrid players we can sign because Xabi can just "have a word" with them and off they go to become Reds.

I only follow what Sky and other decent sources say. It's not like I'm quoting some bald Geordie on twitter.

If we got him, do you think he'd start, or be used as cover for when Tiote inevitably gets suspended

Not sure. Will probably start alongside Tiote in some formation. Bigirmana is good cover for Tiote.

If Debuchy wants to play with Cabaye, Chelsea should just sign them both.

See my avatar for the fee :p

GorillaJu

I only follow what Sky and other decent sources say. It's not like I'm quoting some bald Geordie on twitter.

Well I was just giving you shit anyway, didn't mean to rustle any feathers. Just seems like you've been on an emotional rollercoaster since the window opened :p

ATF487

I don't know if that was someone's reasoning or not.. but in terms of quality of output, oasis > Radiohead any day of the week.

Post/Av

I mean to a large extent, music is just preference, you could argue neither one is better. I do think Radiohead has a more consistent discography and a longer lasting influence on music than Oasis, though. Not really in sound but more of an approach to their albums and the way they are distributed

Kyoufu

How much would you really accept? £20m would be about 5 times what you paid.

I have no idea tbh. I read that we put a 20-25 million price tag on Tiote should he want to leave, but he doesn't.

I can see Ashley letting go of Cabaye for 30+ lol

Hixx

Did somebody actually suggest that Oasis > Radiohead because of album sales? Ugh

I love it when people don't have the balls to quote the post they're referring to.

I didn't suggest that "Oasis > Radiohead" because of album sales. I mean, for me Oasis piss all over Radiohead, that's a given, but the post I was replying to said that "Radiohead is considered superior by almost everyone". Which is utter bullshit.

Or are you going to be one of those tedious people who scoff and say 'heh, album sales do not denote quality' and then nowt else like a fucking bellend who gets sniggered at in the pub for wearing sunglasses and a scarf indoors while drinking halfs of the latest fashionable foreign lager?

For example, for me, someone like Wolfgang Gartner is better than David Guetta. But Guetta is massive compared to WG. So I wouldn't say something shit like 'Wolfgang Gartner is considered superior by almost everyone'.

'cause I don't pretend my opinion on music is better than anyone elses.

Arnie

Seep, by the way, the match isn't on ESPN tonight, it's the second leg at Anfield that is. It's only available on Premier Sports tonight, which basically means go to the pub or find a stream. It'll be the latter for me.

Weighing in as the music fanatic that I am, never seen the appeal in Radiohead, to be completely honest. Just seems like a bunch of pretentious twerps on keyboards wailing slightly melodically, and of course the lead singer looks weird so he gets the 'cool and quirky' vote.

Think the Gallagher brothers are a set of nobs too, but at least there's a few Oasis songs that are undeniably good. Not a huge fan, but hard not to appreciate, and I always feel those who dislike them are over thinking it a bit.

GorillaJu

I really don't think there's much of a discussion in regards to Oasis and Radiohead. Radiohead is operating on a different plane. They have helped shape what music will be over the next few decades – they will never lose their relevance. Oasis is simply a Brit Pop band that has a couple good tunes and will get lost and forgotten in the greater scheme of things.

ATF487

I love it when people don't have the balls to quote the post they're referring to.

I didn't suggest that "Oasis > Radiohead" because of album sales. I mean, for me Oasis piss all over Radiohead, that's a given, but the post I was replying to said that "Radiohead is considered superior by almost everyone". Which is utter bullshit.

Or are you going to be one of those tedious people who scoff and say 'heh, album sales do not denote quality' and then nowt else like a fucking bellend who gets sniggered at in the pub for wearing sunglasses and a scarf indoors while drinking halfs of the latest fashionable foreign lager?

For example, for me, someone like Wolfgang Gartner is better than David Guetta. But Guetta is massive compared to WG. So I wouldn't say something shit like 'Wolfgang Gartner is considered superior by almost everyone'.

'cause I don't pretend my opinion on music is better than anyone elses.

This is a really awful post and you should feel bad for making it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom