• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

I really don't think there's much of a discussion in regards to Oasis and Radiohead. Radiohead is operating on a different plane. They have helped shape what music will be over the next few decades – they will never lose their relevance. Oasis is simply a Brit Pop band that has a couple good tunes and will get lost and forgotten in the greater scheme of things.

fucking hell man.

I can't be arsed. However if someone mentions the Smiths I will have to break out a certain word.

This is a really awful post and you should feel bad for making it.

ibrvQn1MNa5W8x.gif

Seep

Seep, by the way, the match isn't on ESPN tonight, it's the second leg at Anfield that is. It's only available on Premier Sports tonight, which basically means go to the pub or find a stream. It'll be the latter for me.

Ah yeah I misread badly on that one.

I'll watch it at midnight on the LFC channel.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
My opinion > Your opinion is really pointless.

Have to take Fergie's word on this.

That said he's still come out with some shocking stuff lately.
You had doubt in your heart,
and wrote an article on it
you should be ashamed.

Kyoufu

Not as a source for transfer news, no.

They haven't came up with any BS about our transfers. Don't know about other clubs though to be fair.

I did laugh when they said "SKY SOURCES" when it was actually a legit French website that broke the Debuchy improved bid story last night. :lol

LegoArmo

Sky used to be decent, then they learned how much hype transfers get, especially when Jim White is presenting on Transfer Deadline Day.

NHale

What I care is about is my team. And there are ways and ways of winning. I like how Mou manages the team, what I don't like is when he appears in media and begins to say bullshit. I'm glad in sort of a way that he has led Karanka in Press Conferences.

We used to win without despecting the rival or complaining like crybabies when we lost.

It is what it is. Mourinho is a great coach but has a bad demeanor especially when he loses. However he sometimes makes up "fights" with the media/other people to take the pressure out of his players and the players actually love that.

But from what I've seen, Mourinho is not a good fit for Real Madrid. I don't sense the players really like him, like FC Porto, Chelsea and Inter players did. The Spanish press hates him and he hates them equally. He's always defending the Portuguese/German players because he's jealous of the way Spanish players are covered in the press (which is somewhat true, since Sergio Ramos can play terrible but Marca will always say he's the best CB in the world, while Coentrao or Marcelo plays terrible and are the worst players on the planet). However the worst stuff he did last year was when he quit speaking to the press and start having that dumbass Eladio Parames speak for him on twitter and interviews. But he wins...

GorillaJu

fucking hell man.

I can't be arsed. However if someone mentions the Smiths I will have to break out a certain word.

Theres no point getting up in arms about it.

And I don't really care about the Smiths. Devo, Talking Heads and Joy Division are more worth discussing, in terms of that era.

But Radiohead and Oasis really shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath. Pulp, the Verve, Suede, Peter Bjorn and John and Blur I would all comfortably group with Oasis. Radiohead is in the group that can only be really categorized as "musical greats"

Arnie

Sky used to be decent, then they learned how much hype transfers get, especially when Jim White is presenting on Transfer Deadline Day.

I agree, but we all watch it.

Fucking hated the breaking news last summer when Meireles left for Chelsea. It's such a shame Redknapp's gone too, used to love his last minute wheeling and dealing.
Pulp, the Verve, Suede, Peter Bjorn and John and Blur I would all comfortably group with Oasis.

Don't they just have one song consisting of whistling?

Jensen

The deadline day when City announced the takeover and Fergie kidnapped Berba was legendary. After that the summer deadline day has been flat.

LegoArmo

Fucking hated the breaking news last summer when Meireles left for Chelsea. It's such a shame Redknapp's gone too, used to love his last minute wheeling and dealing.

He'll probably be in the studio this year, media whore.

Again, on Radiohead, I listen to their albums and nothing sticks in my head, I've forgotten all about it 30 minutes later.

I listened to Definitely, Maybe as a child growing up and I'll have those songs in my head until I die, and that's what music is about, to me.

The deadline day when City announced the takeover and Fergie kidnapped Berba was legendary. After that the summer deadline day has been flat.

Loved the rumour that Robinho just knew he was signing for "Manchester", not City.

GorillaJu

Don't they just have one song consisting of whistling?

That song is just one on a truly good album (Writer's Block). Everything else they've done is mediocre, but the same goes for Oasis, really

My favourite deadline day was the Tevez/Mascherano fiasco at West Ham. No-one had any idea how we did that, yet everyone knew it was as shady as fuck, and then he went on to keep us up.

Twitter saying Cazorla is having his medical at the moment.

Also that Lucas Moura has told Sao Paolo he wants to play with Nick Powell.

ATF487

I like the Smiths. Morrissey can be insufferable and whiny but his voice just fits so well with jangly guitars

I just wonder when exactly the hipster backlash became so vehement. It's all over this board; I just like what I like and it happens to be old/indie stuff mostly

edit: great news about Petrov, he looked so old the last time I saw a picture of him

Meier

I really don't think there's much of a discussion in regards to Oasis and Radiohead. Radiohead is operating on a different plane. They have helped shape what music will be over the next few decades – they will never lose their relevance. Oasis is simply a Brit Pop band that has a couple good tunes and will get lost and forgotten in the greater scheme of things.

Wonderwall and Don't Look Back In Anger are more notable tunes than anything Radiohead has ever put out. Radiohead fans are passionate but their music is not timeless. You can absolutely bet your ass that you could put on either of those tracks from oasis in 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 years and an entire bar in America, England, Japan, etc. would sing along. This isn't really something open for debate.

I could go down the track listing of every album released by both band and pick out dozens of better songs from oasis. Most people are completely close-minded though and "gave up" on oasis after Be Here Now for a variety of reasons. Most of them are related to fitting in with critics' perception.

Jabo

Welcome Jabo. AC Milan I assume?

-

Thank you! And Deportivo La Coruna :p

----

Dídac Vila is coming back to Milanello today or tomorrow to resume training lol oh man. And apparently Yanga-Mbiwa doesn't have a twitter account so the signing is still in the air.

Arnie

Wonderwall and Don't Look Back In Anger are more notable tunes than anything Radiohead has ever put out. Radiohead fans are passionate but their music is not timeless. You can absolutely bet your ass that you could put on either of those tracks from oasis in 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 years and an entire bar in America, England, Japan, etc. would sing along.

This isn't really something open for debate.

I agree, and it's why I find the whole discussion quite absurd.

Radiohead are a niche(relative to Oasis) little band who play on keyboards and do good live shows because they've got a great light setup. I saw them at Leeds once, the lights were great, the music itself was like being in the shower.

Hixx

I don't get all the wanking over the Wii U version of FIFA over on the gaming forum. Does anybody actually use all of those tactical options? I set my formation and go
KuGsj.gif

Fry

Good news!

Stiliyan Petrov's acute leukaemia is in remission.

Awesome!!!

Wonderwall and Don't Look Back In Anger are more notable tunes than anything Radiohead has ever put out. Radiohead fans are passionate but their music is not timeless. You can absolutely bet your ass that you could put on either of those tracks from oasis in 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 years and an entire bar in America, England, Japan, etc. would sing along. This isn't really something open for debate.

I could go down the track listing of every album released by both band and pick out dozens of better songs from oasis. Most people are completely close-minded though and "gave up" on oasis after Be Here Now for a variety of reasons. Most of them are related to fitting in with critics' perception.

/discussion

Hixx

I like Meier.

Sky's penalty of the season, Drogba will obviously win but I'd forgot how weedy Neville's voice is. He sounds like he's straining to be heard yet still isn't very loud. Should definitely stick to being in the studio imo.

GorillaJu

I like the Smiths. Morrissey can be insufferable and whiny but his voice just fits so well with jangly guitars

I just wonder when exactly the hipster backlash became so vehement. It's all over this board; I just like what I like and it happens to be old/indie stuff mostly

This is the board that thinks Apple product users are "hipsters." Endless laughter.

Either way there isn't a backlash as no one liked hipsters in the first place because their mission is largely to be non-conformist. It's just people who live outside of the big cities and don't leave their house much becoming aware of hipsters and are joining in the hate.

I like what many people would call indie but I just call it pop music. The truth is that in the mainstream music industry, it's very hard to find sincerity and that's a quality I value in music. I never categorized music I like as "indie" until "indie" all of the sudden became a word used to describe music that I like, if that makes sense. And then people who gave me shit for listening to Modest Mouse all of the sudden think Modest Mouse is cool, and they have a hit song that is on every bro's iPod. And all the girls in high school who absolutely hated the Pixies suddenly love them, too. Funny shit!

Shahed

Good news!

Stiliyan Petrov's acute leukaemia is in remission.

Nice one!

As unfortunate as the events were, there was one thing that was good to see with what happened with Petrov and Muamba.

Despite all the trash talking, ridiculing and abuse that you can get between fans, when something drastic like that happened, everyone can put it all of that to a side.

Hope for more good news.

I agree, and it's why I find the whole discussion quite absurd.

Radiohead are a niche(relative to Oasis) little band who play on keyboards and do good live shows because they've got a great light setup. I saw them at Leeds once, the lights were great, the music itself was like being in the shower.

Arnie, you hate Radiohead, Half Life 2, Manchester United and cheese. You love Halo, Oasis and Liverpool.

You're like FootyGAF's Scullibundo.

GorillaJu

Yeah. And you put on a Britney Spears tune in a bar in 40 years and old folks will be singing it because they remember the pop diddies, not because it's actually good music. It's an irrelevant point. Like I said, Radiohead will be regarded as a band that shaped what music would become. Their influence is already unshakable. Oasis is just a decent band with a few good hits. Yeah, they're good for singing along in a bar and remembering the 90s, but unfortunately not much else.

Yeah. And you put on a Britney Spears tune in a bar in 40 years and old folks will be singing it because they remember the pop diddies, not because it's actually good music. It's an irrelevant point. Like I said, Radiohead will be regarded as a band that shaped what music would become. Their influence is already unshakable. Oasis is just a decent band with a few good hits. Yeah, they're good for singing along in a bar and remembering the 90s, but unfortunately not much else.

/thread

Edit:

/discussion :lol

Arnie

Arnie, you hate Radiohead, Half Life 2, Manchester United and cheese. You love Halo, Oasis and Liverpool.

You're like FootyGAF's Scullibundo.

That's all true, except I don't love Oasis, I merely appreciate a few of their classics.

Halo's infinitely better than Half Life though. If Halo was a PC exclusive and Half Life launched on the original Xbox I think most would agree.

Charles

Conte's lawyers are try to dismantle the FIGC case, but I don't have high hopes at all
, its obvious that they want to target Juve, so they'll just dismiss everything.

In Italy sporting courts don't allow the defence to present evidence or cross examine the witnesses. Just like North Korea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom