• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Van Persie's a fucking turkey.

Think it was the fact that few teams want to shell out for his tired, ageing body, not that Arsenal are on the brink of making a couple good signings. U-turn to the greatest degree. If he stays then Wenger better strip him of the captaincy, definitely doesn't deserve it.

Fuck you Lille you fucking pricks. Proper pissed off with that.
What's happened now?

It was mere hours ago that Kyoufu was serenading us with positive thoughts regarding the Debuchy transfer.

Kyoufu

They just rejected our bid according to L'equipe. It's pretty much over as Ashley doesn't give in to demands. Pretty shite window so far. :\

GQman2121

Banned
French paper says Lille president reject our bid for Debuchy. lol

That's that then, if true.

ijxIrKxpP3l84.PNG

Arnie

They just rejected our bid according to L'equipe. It's pretty much over as Ashley doesn't give in to demands. Pretty shite window so far. :\

Add that £7 million onto the £13m you already offered and take Carroll for £20 million, that should salve your wounds.

Where I End And You Begin
Just
My Iron Lung
Paranoid Android
I Might Be Wrong
2+2=5
National Anthem
Thinking About You
The Bends
Street Spirit (Fade Out)
How To Disappear Completely
Bulletproof...I Wish I Was
Idioteque
Airbag
Lucky
Climbing Up The Walls
Knives Out
Talk Show Host
There There

All of them are better than any Oasis song. And I've only ever listened to OK Computer all the way through

Arnie

I just spotified 'Where I End and you Begin' to get a grasp of that list and I think this song is utterly shit.

As I say, I saw Radiohead live at Leeds once, the lights were good but the music was like being in the shower.

Says his parents have told Sao Paolo he wants to play for MUFC despite SP saying there is a better offer from Anzhi and Inter want him too.

I think?

I just spotified 'Where I End and you Begin' to get a grasp of that list and I think this song is utterly shit.

As I say, I saw Radiohead live at Leeds once, the lights were good but the music was like being in the shower.
You'll have to explain the shower metaphor to me...but I'll provisionally agree.

K1LLER7

Says his parents have told Sao Paolo he wants to play for MUFC despite SP saying there is a better offer from Anzhi and Inter want him too.

I think?

You'll have to explain the shower metaphor to me...but I'll provisionally agree.
So #MouraPowellFuture is back on? Can't wait till brazil lose the next match and we find out if we've got him or not.

What does that even mean?!

I wouldn't have put 'Where I End and you Begin' or 'Bulletproof' on that list, plenty more I would add though..

Gutted about Debuchy, we're getting pissed about my clubs this window. Fucking JTs the lot of them.

Yen

Compared to Fydor Dostoeyevsky, the writing is shite.

Kyoufu

What does that even mean?!

I wouldn't have put 'Where I End and you Begin' or 'Bulletproof' on that list, plenty more I would add though..

Gutted about Debuchy, we're getting pissed about my clubs this window. Fucking JTs the lot of them.

It's not Lille's fault. Ashley wants to pay as little as possible and doesn't give in to demands.

Is 8 million Euros (not pounds) too much for a quality international? Nope. We only have ourselves to blame here to be quite honest.

We'll move on to Van Der Wiel.

It's not Lille's fault. Ashley wants to pay as little as possible and doesn't give in to demands.

Is 8 million Euros (not pounds) too much for a quality international? Nope. We only have ourselves to blame here to be quite honest.

We'll move on to Van Der Wiel.

Naaa fuck them. It's gone on for far too long. I'm sure Lille were quoted as saying 6 Mil not so long ago, now we bid 6 mil and suddenly they've decided he's staying put.

Urgh. I just want one juicy first team signing.

Kyoufu

Naaa fuck them. It's gone on for far too long. I'm sure Lille were quoted as saying 6 Mil not so long ago, now we bid 6 mil and suddenly they've decided he's staying put.

Urgh. I just want one juicy first team signing.

Their price was always 8 million Euros (6 million pounds).

We never offered that amount, so... Only have ourselves to blame. Can't blame Lille for wanting a decent amount for one of France's finest.

Though, this leaves them with an unhappy player so I wish them luck.

Listening to Talk Sport on BBC Newcastle, they expect a better bid for Debuchy to come soon.

Take that as you will

TalkSHITE :(

We never offered that amount, so... Only have ourselves to blame. Can't blame Lille for wanting a decent amount for one of France's finest.

Wasn't the offer that just got rejected 6 Mil?

Arnie

Agger's on his way out. Oh no. Tony Barrett just tweeted saying his agent said he's not injured and his omission from this squad is down to the manager and the club.

Kyoufu

Wasn't the offer that just got rejected 6 Mil?

6mil Euros + 2 million Euros sell on fee should we sell him in the future.

They're thinking "lol" at that and want all 8m Euros now.

Would a transfer request sway their decision or will that not matter?

Kike Marin** ‏@Kike_Marin_
Veo que la cifra que el Arsenal va a pagar con Cazorla ya no es 20-22 millones... Negociación maestra de los directivos gunners: 15 millones

Arsenal's "master negotiators" have got Cazorla for €15m...

...lol

Yen

Jones, Johnson, Enrique, Carragher, Skrtel, Henderson, Spearing, Gerrard, Downing, Cole, Borini
subs: Gulacsi, Lucas, Adam, Shelvey, Kelly, Robinson, Sterling.

LegoArmo

Agger's on his way out. Oh no. Tony Barrett just tweeted saying his agent said he's not injured and his omission from this squad is down to the manager and the club.

You can get a centre back just about as good, without the terrible injury record with the money. Don't worry.

Arnie

His agent also said that the interest has done nothing for Daniel and he's happy in Liverpool.

Sounds to me like the club are trying to cash in on him whilst he's hot, rather than Agger pushing for a move. Don't like this one bit.

6mil Euros + 2 million Euros sell on fee should we sell him in the future.

They're thinking "lol" at that and want all 8m Euros now.

Would a transfer request sway their decision or will that not matter?

Well that's still an 8 Mil offer. Twats.

I don't know, ball is in our court again, we either offer the full 8 now or we go for Van Der Wiel. I suspect the latter, I don't think we'll do any more business with Lille.

Fry

You can get a centre back just about as good, without the terrible injury record with the money. Don't worry.

Go on thinking that. Xabi, Torres and even Meireles haven't been properly replaced yet. Agger is just as important for the team as these were (Meireles being the less important).

Ridiculous, all my hope for the team has gone down to zero in the period of a week.

Zabojnik

JUVE: "Conte will remain our coach regardless of how the trial goes."

Thank you, Presidente. We'll probably end up with our bones broken, but with our heads high.

Slizz

Wow about Agger.

Seems like this summer has been a terrible one for fans. Juve fans upset about the gambling, United the IPO, Liverpool trying to ship out players, Newcastle little to no signings. I'm sure theres more.

Seems like Chelsea fans should really be the happiest.

Hixx

TalkSHITE :(

no its a phone in show for the BBC, has nothing to do with TalkSport station.

However I am sitting here laughing my cock off. The bitterness!

Zing

Banned
I'm new to "football". My daughter plays it locally and I decided to try a soccer video game, so I nabbed FIFA 98. I had no idea what I was doing, since I had never even seen a match played. I ended up watching the final nine or so games of the 2010 World Cup to get some idea of the game flow.

One thing I immediately noticed is how often the players fake injuries. It's so obvious. How is this not penalized? I understand that there is some gain to be made by making the referee believe you were hit hard, but everyone on the field and in the stands has to know that half of these are just acting. I didn't keep a tally, but I felt that maybe one out of every six "dives" legitimately caused some temporary pain to the player.

I watch a replay, and someone will get slightly bumped on the toe and down he goes clutching his knee. It's the same every time. I'm surprised there isn't a name for this. "The football fake" or something. Fall to the ground, look at the ref through the corner of your eye, and if you don't draw the foul, stand up and act like nothing happened.

I can't believe there isn't some sort of disincentive or punishment for faking. It happens far too often. In the extra time of one match, the winning team had a fake injury, with the obvious intent to run out the clock. It was embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom