• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I know its already been mentioned but

In a recent meeting with the president of Sao Paulo, Juvenal Juvencio, the parents of Lucas made ​​clear the desire to play for Manchester United.

I'm back on the muppet train.

It seems like Ranocchia is under investigation as well. Which explains why he wasn't called to play against Hajduk in EL. Finally Palazzi, huh?

Feorax

We've done well with the passing game involving the midfield and defence. Shame it all gets bypassed with a hoofball to the front 3 when we get bored.

dc89

Just found out that City have been one of the first clubs to be granted Category One Academy status.

This means they can recruit young players aged between 12-16 from across England instead of just the limited area they can now.

The campus is going to be awesome.

Clegg

Why would you guys need another CAM when you just got Kagawa and Powell? Sounds very stupid. I would rather go for a new CM or DM.

United have never really played with a DM. Carrick and Hargreaves play further up the field than is usual for a DM. I agree that CM is a more pressing concern than an attacking midfielder but SAF seems to want more attacking options.

He and our scouts probably see Moura as a potential superstar, which is why they're willing to pay so much for him.

Hixx

Joe Cole injured? Well, there's a surprise.

"What a bahl in from Glen Jawnson, right on top of the six!"

How do you confuse Glen Johnson with Steven Gerrard?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
610x.jpg

feeding%20chickens.jpg

Is this how he communicates with Krasic? Mystery solved!

It seems like Ranocchia is under investigation as well. Which explains why he wasn't called to play against Hajduk in EL. Finally Palazzi, huh?

For one game under Conte. GET IT?
LnMOa.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Oasis is shite tho, wilbur. overrated garbage and inflated egos.

You are my new bro

Just read the whole thread:

Great news about Petrov

Would like Taylor, I think he's very good

Once again fuck Lucas, I don't want that fanny pants

Music discussion is making me laugh. Can't be fucked to get involved, a) because it's opinion, b) because disliking Oasis means you get called contrarian.

Fuck you Lille for turning down bids for their players bwahahaha

Agger out, oh dear. Coates doesn't look like he can step up yet, Kelly maybe?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gerrard bringing the lols. Powder puff.

And people were having a pop at Bale...

Fry

b) because disliking Oasis means you get called contrarian.

Why do you keep saying that? I'm the only person who said it. And I quote myself:

'This. Also, some people like to be contrarians in every fucking discussion. Drives me nuts.'

As in 'contrary to MY fucking opinion'.

Wilbur

Banned
Why do you keep saying that? I'm the only person who said it. And I quote myself:

'This. Also, some people like to be contrarians in every fucking discussion. Drives me nuts.'

As in 'contrary to MY fucking opinion'.

That sentence implies people are being contrarians to your opinion for the sake of being contrarian. That's what a contrarian is. I'm pretty sure that isn't the case.

Fry

That sentence implies people are being contrarians to your opinion for the sake of being contrarian. That's what a contrarian is. I'm pretty sure that isn't the case.

My opinion is usually the one shared by the majority in here. Some people like disagreeing with the majority for the sake of it.

Wilbur

Banned
My opinion is usually the one shared by the majority in here. Some people like disagreeing with the majority for the sake of it.

I would hardly say the majority agree with you on this discussion. In fact I'd say more have said Radiohead are better.

I would also dispute that anyone in this discussion is disagreeing with what is probably a minority for the sake of it.

Therefore you are the one disagreeing with the majority

You contrarian swine!

Clegg

I've been on a serious Springsteen binge recently. Also been listening to bands influenced by him.

The Gaslight Anthem, Titus Andronicus, and the Hold Steady. All cracking music imo.

GorillaJu

We have gotten caught with poor passes out the back like 800 times.

Borini needs to get involved but it's not his fault we aren't getting the ball up his way.

Very little attacking going on from Liverpool

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This Liverpool match is hilarious. Lolerpool is alive! Gomel should be 3-0 up with the chances they've had.

Wilbur

Banned
You don't know that for sure, so the rest of your post should be disregarded.=P

Me
Willkiller
Morsel
Kharma
AT
Salazar
Hitcher

Hixx
Fry
Meier
Arnie (who barely gives a fuck)
Viva (who barely gives a fuck)

Off the top of my head. Do not disregard me lest I attempt to contact your future children

Wilbur

Banned
I've been on a serious Springsteen binge recently. Also been listening to bands influenced by him.

The Gaslight Anthem, Titus Andronicus, and the Hold Steady. All cracking music imo.

I love Springsteen but for some bizarre reason I can't get along with Gaslight and Hold Steady at all. I think they try and ape Springsteen too much.

Will be home in a minute for the second half, can't wait for Lolerpool to start early

Bumhead

Banned
Liking Oasis and acknowledging how good their first 2 albums are are two different things.

I don't "like" Oasis in as much as that almost everything they've done post-1995 is largely rubbish and all but 2 of their 7 studio albums are poor to mediocre, but the first 2 albums are objectively brilliant.

Anyway, what are peoples opinion on Muse? I had them pegged as another bunch of overrated upstarts until I saw them live, but they were fucking astounding live.

Clegg

I love Springsteen but for some bizarre reason I can't get along with Gaslight and Hold Steady at all. I think they try and ape Springsteen too much.

Will be home in a minute for the second half, can't wait for Lolerpool to start early

Agreed re: The Hold Steady and Gaslight. They're too in thrall of Springsteen to be truly great bands.

You should really give Titus Andronicus a listen. They're clearly influenced by Springsteen but they never try to directly copy him. I think they're brilliant.

Rodgers in a suit on the touchline taking notes and looking furious reminds of Benitez' first days and last days at the club. Similar situation.

Feorax

My thoughts on the first half;

1. If Rodgers is looking to sell Agger after seeing this performance, he's insane.

2. Pacheco in pre-season was infinitely better than either Downing or Cole. Him not being taken is a travesty.

3. Borini must be wondering what he's let himself in for.

4. We're playing pretty much exactly as we did under Kenny. Tiki-taka at the back, hoofball up front.

Probably a bit knee jerk after only 45 mins, but I am a bit concerned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom