• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facism

Gold Member
I'm waiting for him to dose off so I can sneak away.

Edit: What am I doing I'm a human being? Cry all you want Fletcher, you aren't getting in.

hah.

Mine fucking scratches and meows at the door in the morning. Like half 5 am. And then i let her in and she meows until i get up and feed her/let her out.

She'll come back in with a fucking frog or a bird about 8am.

Salazar

how good is this kid?

Insane speed, good shot, inconsistent passing and awareness of teammates (read: selfish), remarkable ability to beat a man, very hard to knock off the ball.

Ridiculous potential, but he would take at least a season of amazingly erratic trial and error to settle. Not on Neymar's level technically. Definitely not.

MPW

Insane speed, good shot, inconsistent passing and awareness of teammates (read: selfish), remarkable ability to beat a man, very hard to knock off the ball.

Ridiculous potential, but he would take at least a season of amazingly erratic trial and error to settle.

hmm, i guess a good buy for inter

K1LLER7

Sao Paulo Vice President denys Inter bid and says they have been in talks with United on Wednesday and Thursday, however a deal is still not reached. Talks will most likely continue.

http://www.lancenet.com.br/sao-paulo/Inter-Milao-Brasil-contratar-Lucas_0_748125406.html

First Lucas agent was in Manchester just to support Brazil at the olympics and not to negotiate. Yet today they say they have been in negotiations and Lucas' parents are there too. Slightly more optimistic we may get him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
chinese investors have bought stake @ inter iirc

so is melo back with juve now?

Yes, but he's not training with the squad. His agent is negotiating with Gala ATM.

Oh the Chinese, right. Maybe, I don't know/care.

Whatever you guys do with the rest of your lives do not watch a film called LOL with Miley Cyrus and Demi Moore. Dip your eyeballs in fluoroantimonic acid if you have to. There's no coming back from this.

elsk

Banned
They're going to spend 27-30m on him? Lol, whatever happened to their FFP strategy?

Lucas is just another over priced brazilian kid. He's talented, sure, but so is/was Breno(!).
Lucas is 19 years old... if any team is interested, they should wait until he's 22 at least. Why wasn't he called for the Olympics team if he's so talented?

panty

Lucas is just another over priced brazilian kid. He's talented, sure, but so is/was Breno(!).
Lucas is 19 years old... if any team is interested, they should wait until he's 22 at least. Why wasn't he called for the Olympics team if he's so talented?

Lucas? He's there.

K1LLER7

he's in the Olympic team, on the bench mainly because Hulk plays in his position on the right wing. If United buy him I hope we don't sell Nani, it'll probably take him a season to adapt to the PL and settle.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Beckham is kinda like Pirlo. No matter how dead his body is, his foot, brain and hair is still as good as ever.

Salazar

he's in the Olympic team, on the bench mainly because Hulk plays in his position on the right wing. If United buy him I hope we don't sell Nani, it'll probably take him a season to adapt to the PL and settle.

Definitely. The weight on a lot of his passes needs tidying up. Too often his passing has the air of "ah, I can't do anything with it at the moment. You take it", and you have to offer more than that - for courtesy's sake, really.

ATF487

Whatever you guys do with the rest of your lives do not watch a film called LOL with Miley Cyrus and Demi Moore. Dip your eyeballs in fluoroantimonic acid if you have to. There's no coming back from this.

Wiki'd this, just reading the plot makes me want to off myself. Can't imagine having to watch it

He seems promising. Exciting pace, turns his man well, maybe a little clumsy and selfish in his passing. No idea how good he'll be, although at 19 the chances are decent. But this description is disingenuous and counter-factual. As others have pointed out, he's in the Olympics team right now and he's got 15 senior appearances for Brazil. I'd agree that he's over-priced though. But I thought Hazard was over-priced too.

Isn't he a CAM?

Like Hazard, I read that it's his preferred position. At Sao Paulo, he has carte blanche. But for the national team he plays on the wing and has done so for most of his career.

The only way SAF would be comfortable with that happening is if Moura explodes and Nani refuses to negotiate toward reasonable terms. SAF had faith in Nani when most United fans were slating him, I doubt he has less now.

K1LLER7

Definitely. The weight on a lot of his passes needs tidying up. Too often his passing has the air of "ah, I can't do anything with it at the moment. You take it", and you have to offer more than that - for courtesy's sake, really.
Agree, a plus was his link up with Rafeal which was pretty good in the last game. Can't wait to get Rafael back, he's been great at the Olympics.

Isn't he a CAM?

Not seen much of him but he can play out on the wing or through the middle. Similar to Kagawa I guess :)

MPW

This. I like Benzema but man, Higuain is so likeable. I hope he gets more playing time this season. I'm glad I bought a jersey with his name on it.

is it the the black/gold away jersey?

im thinking of getting that one (with no name, players get transferred too often these days) cause i don't like any of the 2013 jerseys

higuain should have made it 4-1 but nice hustle at the end of the half to keep the ball in

man, i wish higuain had a little better finishing inside pk box (like RVN), he would be the perfect striker

still, he's great

panty

is it the the black/gold away jersey?

im thinking of getting that one (with no name, players get transferred too often these days) cause i don't like any of the 2013 jerseys

higuain should have made it 4-1 but nice hustle at the end of the half to keep the ball in

man, i wish higuain had a little better finishing inside pk box (like RVN), he would be the perfect striker

still, he's great

It's the 2011-12 home CL jersey (white with gold stripes), there was still some left @ RM online store. I also bought Ronaldo's 2012-13 home jersey.

Still waiting on those to arrive.

Not seen much of him but he can play out on the wing or through the middle. Similar to Kagawa I guess :)

Except the whole world class bit. Starting to get really excited about watching Kagawa play in the league. Only two weeks away!

Don't get me wrong, Moura is promising - possibly a star in the making - but I feel awfully indifferent about getting him. I suppose I've watched one too many episodes of House, and I'm hoping this is one of those times we get what we need.

elsk

Banned
Bayern interest in Lewa was real.

kicker: Bayern offered Lewandowski up to €7.5m per year, his agents expect a similar offer from Dortmund to extend his contract.

I think he will join next season. Dortmund refused to sell this time, but his contract is running out :)

I've never seen Kagawa playing in the wing, to be honest I see him being more of an option to the striker position than for the wings.

And Lucas, IIRC, he's a CAM but if you guys want to buy another CAM to play him out of position... well, I think a winger would be a better option and a lot cheaper.

You really can't do better than Kagawa in the CAM position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom