• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

(Y)

Even royal crumpet can't compete with Laure Boulleau, Corine Franco, Alex Morgan, Sydney LeRoux, Hope Solo.

f59yR.png

Prince William is not impressed.

pulga

Banned
Well, it definitely looks much worse than the PS3/360 shots!

Who cares, Milan vs. Olimpia, baby!

I can't even begin to imagine what to expect from that game :lol

But God be with us if los chucos manage to beat Milan, we'll NEVER hear the end of it.

Salazar

Tickets for MUFC home game against Stoke City now available.

Fuck. Nothing like being reminded that you have to sit through that garbage again.

pulga

Banned
The new Zambrotta! Seriously though, I don't know much about him. 18yo, looks like a good prospect, a balanced RB. Conte's been giving him quite a bit of play-time lately.

A solid training match for both teams, I suppose. Some interesting stuff from Giovinco in the first half, a couple of classy Pirlo moves and I'd say that Asamoah is looking pretty good indeed, even when playing out of position like today. Decent defending from our experimental backline, excluding a blunder or two, one fatal (Masi). Matri missed a penalty and was shite in general. The same can be said for Quaglia, which unfortunately is nothing new. :/ Pogba only played 10 minutes or so, can't really say much about his performance. Looked really confident, though. I think he'll be a nice fit, if he stays with us.

Fucking Matri. It makes it hard to root for him to stay if he keeps pulling shit like that. Goddammit, Marotta is going to fuck us over with the WC striker, isn't he?

And what do you mean by "if he stays with us"? Isn't it a done deal?

Carbonox

Watching the Handball highlights on BBC Three for some reason and it's somewhat entertaining with the awesome shots that can be had, especially the ones where they hang in the air. :lol

GB team has some lovely lasses too.

AzW4F04CMAAdF4X.jpg

A former Juventus transfer target Radja Nainggolan (CM for Cagliari) slinging some mud on twitter. Translated? Better a prefabricated stadium then a referee bought.

The amount of shit talking for a player who was supposedly close to signing for us is stupid. Granted, with our raid of Udinese we have a better midfielder than if Nainggolan was part of ours, but he's still a piece of shit. My hatred for Cagliari Calcio and their disgusting president Cellino continues. We're going to wreck them when they come to Juventus Arena--Conte or no Conte.

Kyoufu

Mumblings that Newcastle haven't given up on Debuchy. :lol

Longest drawn out saga of the window so far, along with Modric.

Yeah, hope we don't give up and cough up a deal.

edit: seems like Debuchy has called for a meeting with Lille's President. Still wants out.

god damn this is killing me. I'll drink your bath water if you come here, Mathieu.

Carbonox

Yeah, hope we don't give up and cough up a deal.

edit: seems like Debuchy has called for a meeting with Lille's President. Still wants out.

god damn this is killing me. I'll drink your bath water if you come here, Mathieu.

Yeah Debuchy's proper pissed now. :lol

Does remind me of the Modric thing though. Demanding to leave but the owner is like "lolno you're staying unless we get stupid money".

Newcastle should just give them the 8m they want. 8m Euros is a fucking steal still.

Kyoufu

Yeah Debuchy's proper pissed now. :lol

Does remind me of the Modric thing though. Demanding to leave but the owner is like "lolno you're staying unless we get stupid money".

Newcastle should just give them the 8m they want. 8m Euros is a fucking steal still.

Yeah it really is. I know we've gotten some amazing deals in the past but you can't expect to be a cheap stingy businessman all the time. Clubs will tell you to feck off.

Carbonox

Yeah it really is. I know we've gotten some amazing deals in the past but you can't expect to be a cheap stingy businessman all the time. Clubs will tell you to feck off.

Especially where Lille is concerned. We mugged them off insanely when we bought Cabaye. They don't want to be mugged off again.

Kyoufu

Especially where Lille is concerned. We mugged them off insanely when we bought Cabaye. They don't want to be mugged off again.

Yep, that's why I don't really understand the comments "fuck off Lille" etc. They set a reasonable price and we're not paying. Even Reading would pay that amount for him. lol

Shahed

It still beggars belief we got Cabaye for what we did. Surely Lille knew he was worth more?

In terms of pure value for money, I'd say he was arguably the signing of the season last year in the Prem

Kyoufu

It still beggars belief we got Cabaye for what we did. Surely Lille knew he was worth more?

In terms of pure value for money, I'd say he was arguably the signing of the season last year in the Prem

Cabaye had a 4.8m or so release clause in his contract so we triggered it. Lille probably weren't happy lol

Carbonox

Yeah I'd probably agree. While Ba was electric in the first half of the season and Cisse (best January signing ever in the Prem) in the second, Cabaye was the puppet master of the team. Godly season for him.

Carbonox

Daily Fail:

Debuchy hits out at Lyon for hampering his potential switch to Newcastle. Frustrated French right-back Mathieu Debuchy has hit out in anger at Lyon's refusal to sell him to Newcastle.

:lol

Hixx

For any of our Italian bredrin: is calcioblog.it trustworthy? They're running a story that we're getting Guidetti on loan with a fee agreed for a purchase at the end of the season...

Kyoufu

For any of our Italian bredrin: is calcioblog.it trustworthy? They're running a story that we're getting Guidetti on loan with a fee agreed for a purchase at the end of the season...

That'd be good business.

I hear you guys made a new 11m bid for Fletcher.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Piers Moron was on CNN yesterday talking about football, the subject of Muamba came up and he had this to say:

"I hope you get back to football and I hope when you play Arsenal you lose."

Charming.

Labadal

Watched The Dark Knight Rises. Not bad, but not particularly great either. There are moments of greatness, especially towards the end, but the movie drags on to much and it feels to long for its own good. It tries to tell too many stories and ends up feeling unfocused. Also, the movie should be called: The Dark Knight Rises Over and Over Again. I do not regret watching it and if I had to give it a score, it would be a good one, but the first two movies are better in my opinion. It also felt way over the top, but maybe that's just me. Best part of the movie were the two star ladies, especially Miranda.

Hixx

O'Neill: "transfers have stalled on all fronts"

Guess the Guidetti link is bullshit, no surprise. Fuck this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom