• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Dzeko:
“In the second part of the season I was slightly sidelined,” Dzeko reflected.

“And I have no idea why I lost this continuity. I came here to play, so I never considered this problem.

“I think I am too good to spend another season on the bench, so anything is possible for my future, despite the words of [manager Roberto] Mancini.

“However, there is nothing concrete just yet.”
-
Another Serie A team? FUCK NO. I'm going to probably end up watching Serie B this term if we get fucked over royally. It'll be too painful to watch our neutered team get boned because of the legal system.

FORZA REGGINA! AMARANTO PER SEMPRE!
Meh, we'll do fine. And possibly more than fine.

Arnie

Dzeko would be a decent alternative to RVP, it was harsh to see him benched after he scored so many in the first half of the season, although it looks like that move was justified when they won the league.

dc89

I <3 Dzeko. He always comes across as a nice guy too in all the City YouTube videos. Him and Kolarov are like a double act.

Any one else been playing Telltale's Walking Dead games? Bought them in the Steam sale a couple of weeks ago but didn't start until yesterday, just finished Ep1 off and it was bloody great.

Going to start Ep 2 later!

Yes!! It's quality. I have too finished Ep.1 and I am due to start Ep.2 any time really.

Arnie

Dzeko >>>>> RvP.

No way.

There are plenty of arguments to be made for wanting to sign him over Van Persie at this current moment, but none of them relate to their ability to put the ball in the back of the net. Dzeko's younger, better physically, isn't hugely overpriced, and doesn't start for his current team. He is not a better striker than RVP in any way.

elsk

Banned
No way.

There are plenty of arguments to be made for wanting to sign him over Van Persie at this current moment, but none of them relate to their ability to put the ball in the back of the net. Dzeko's younger, better physically, isn't hugely overpriced, and doesn't start for his current team. He is not a better striker than RVP in any way.

Dzeko is a much better striker/player. Much better. Dzeko can carry the whole team on his shoulder, he's an amazing finisher/striker and he's much younger.

I actually prefer Gomez over RvP.

I came out of TDKR wanting to track down and ravish Hathaway. Can't think of a sexier performance in any film, ever.

So did I. I've always thought she was an attractive woman.

That mean no more Dempsey?

Thank God if true.

Lucas Moura tweeted Alex Morgan. He must be on his way to United.

The only thing about Alex is that she has a nice looking face. Her body leaves much to be desired, flat chest to me is a turn off.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"Juve have been rumoured to have been ‘promised’ the player, if City sign Robin Van Persie"

dzeko.jpg

Nice try City, we want RVP.

Wilbur

Banned
Dzeko is a much better striker/player. Much better.

He's definitely not a better player. I wouldn't argue that he's not a better striker, considering I don't rate RvP as incredible and Dzeko hasn't had the chance to prove it for City, but he isn't a better footballer.

elsk

Banned
He's definitely not a better player. I wouldn't argue that he's not a better striker, considering I don't rate RvP as incredible and Dzeko hasn't had the chance to prove it for City, but he isn't a better footballer.

That's because you're comparing RvP to City's Dzeko. You can't expect a striker like him to be a bomb when he's used as a sub, he needs to be the starting striker in 80-90% of the matches like RvP or Gomez.

And yes, Dzeko is much better than RvP.

Wilbur

Banned
That's because you're comparing RvP to City's Dzeko. You can't expect a striker like him to be a bomb when he's used as a sub, he needs to be the starting striker in 80-90% of the matches like RvP or Gomez.

And yes, Dzeko is much better than RvP.

I've literally just said I wouldn't say RvP is a better striker because of Dzeko's troubles at City. But he's definitely not a better football player, RvP is more talented.

I'd say Hernandez was a better striker than Welbeck for instance, but Welbeck is the better player.

dc89

Dzeko is a confidence player. He needs a run of games and he will bang them in. Look at him against Spurs at the lane last season. He had a run of games before and he tore them a new one. Headers, poachers goals, rockets from 20 yards plus! They couldn't handle him, they had no answer. He just needs a run of games and he will be a very good striker for any team.

---

I went and looked at some of the Team GB official merchandise before. The prices, my God.

£65-£75 for a tracksuit top.

So I thought, maybe the awesome men's cycling top is a bit better priced.

£60.

Fuck. That.

Zabojnik

So basically, what you guys are saying is that whoever we sign, be it RVP or Dzeko, he'd better than Pazzini? Is this what you're telling me?

Meier

19 goals in 40 games for Dzeko is nothing to sneeze about. I think if he were the sole striker on a team like Arsenal, he could have put up RVP type numbers. I like him a lot but he definitely is one of those confidence guys who needs to play through his struggles but on a deep team like City, most managers would rather just give a different guy a chance to produce.

If we lose him, I still hope we sign another big striker who can serve as a target man.

Wessiej

I honestly thought he was the worst player there, even more so than van Persie and Robben.

He was. Also he f'ed up the atmosphere in the team during the Euros. He is doing the same at Ajax so please some club take him. 2 euros and a two pack of Snickers.

elsk

Banned
19 goals in 40 games for Dzeko is nothing to sneeze about. I think if he were the sole striker on a team like Arsenal, he could have put up RVP type numbers. I like him a lot but he definitely is one of those confidence guys who needs to play through his struggles but on a deep team like City, most managers would rather just give a different guy a chance to produce.

If we lose him, I still hope we sign another big striker who can serve as a target man.

I'm pretty sure RvP wouldn't have scored half of the goals Dzeko scored last season at City, given his role of sub/back-up striker. His numbers are actually very surprising for a striker in his position.

Dzeko at Arsenal, being the starting striker, would easily have the same numbers RvP had last season. But Dzeko would have been able to do those numbers is all the season and not in just one.

Lightning

Banned
Well, Ajax sayed: you're going to another club this muppetry period or you are benched. So yeah.
Didn't VDW want champions league football though? I remember him saying that he refused to go to a club that wasn't in the CL. So no point going to Newcastle he'll never get CL football there...

I don't want us to sign him. He's just not that good and can have an attitude.

He was. Also he f'ed up the atmosphere in the team during the Euros. He is doing the same at Ajax so please some club take him. 2 euros and a two pack of Snickers.
Pretty much this. VDW can get stuffed...

I hope Louis van Gaal puts this punk in his place...

elsk

Banned
I don't want us to sign him. He's just not that good and can have an attitude.

Haha, he's an ass. In 2010 Bayern were linked with him and he said "I would love to join Bayern, that way I can play with Robben like in the NT". Now a few weeks ago he something like: "Being the full-back behind Robben is a nightmare".

I think he's the one that was happy when Robben failed the penalty. I hope he ends up in the turk league.

Haha, he's an ass. In 2010 Bayern were linked with him and he said "I would love to join Bayern, that way I can play with Robben like in the NT". Now a few weeks ago he something like: "Being the full-back behind Robben is a nightmare".

I think he's the one that was happy when Robben failed the penalty. I hope he ends up in the turk league.

Haven't seen him say nightmare anywhere, but he also said in the interview I think you're talking about from a few days back.

"I know that we can play together and that he can be decisive for us. Things simply didn't work out for the entire team [at the Euros]. It was completely different than at the World Cup."

Wessiej

We got a better RB right now who really looks like him so nobody's going to miss Van der Wiel and his Blackcard. He didn't want to play for a club that doesn't play CL, but now he really doesn't got a chance, he must go.

Kyoufu

It'll still be a good signing just not Debuchy good.

Would be a tragic signing tbh.

Debuchy wants to play for us. He'd give 120% for us, and Cabaye would be very happy too.

VDW would piss everyone off. Then again anyone is better than Danny fucking Simpson :lol

elsk

Banned
Haven't seen him say nightmare anywhere, but he also said in the interview I think you're talking about from a few days back.

"I know that we can play together and that he can be decisive for us. Things simply didn't work out for the entire team [at the Euros]. It was completely different than at the World Cup."

Of course, if he doesn't want to play with Arjen then they'll look for another RB. He's easily replaceable, Arjen isn't.

Would be a tragic signing tbh.

Debuchy wants to play for us. He'd give 120% for us, and Cabaye would be very happy too.

VDW would piss everyone off. Then again anyone is better than Danny fucking Simpson :lol

Look man, I know Debuchy would be a fantastic signing for more than one reason but it isn't happening. Signing VDW would hardly be 'tragic' hahaha.

It's been disappointing so far but the window is far from over and Pardew will still want to get a couple of players in at least.

Kyoufu

Look man, I know Debuchy would be a fantastic signing for more than one reason but it isn't happening. Signing VDW would hardly be 'tragic' hahaha.

It's been disappointing so far but the window is far from over and Pardew will still want to get a couple of players in at least.

CONTRADICTION SIR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom