• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

Dave Kitson has left Portsmouth, so now they only have two players left that they need to convince to leave by August 10th - Liam Lawrence and Tal Ben Haim.

Why they won't leave I don't know. Get some money, or send the club into liquidation and get nothing. It's not a difficult decision, surely.

pulga

Banned
Being the massive transfer muppet I am, I went onto an Inter Milan forum called ForzaInter.

Every single fucking post was punctuated with meme faces.

Fucking hell.

Why would you do that to yourself. The merda mustve been overflowing.

K1LLER7

Holy shit Women's basketball so good.

77-77 France vs GB

0.2 seconds left and France get a 3 pointer. Making it 80-77. GB shoot just after the buzzer goes off, 3 pointer ball goes in but it's not given.

dc89

Manchester United reveal details of Chevy shirt deal. It's big. By the time it ends in 2021 United will have banked approximatley $559 m.
Reminder that GM's marketing director resigned after this dela was completed. Blows every other sponsorship deal out of the water.

Chevy will pay $70.0 million in first season, and an additional 2.1% each season. Additional $18.6 million in fees over next two seasons

https://twitter.com/tariqpanja - works for Bloomberg according to his Twitter.

Come on then UEFA. Investigate that. A shirt deal, or a campus.

You think there's fan art of a pregnant Zanetti out there?

No but...

capitano.jpg

Clegg

From Tariq Panjas twitter.

Manchester United reveal details of Chevy shirt deal. It's big. By the time it ends in 2021 United will have banked approximatley $559 m.

Chevy will pay $70.0 million in first season, and an additional 2.1% each season. Additional $18.6 million in fees over next two seasons

Reuters were right!!! Pay down that fucking debt.

Edit: dc is salty as fuck. I love it.

dc89

From Tariq Panjas twitter.

Reuters were right!!! Pay down that fucking debt.

Edit: dc is salty as fuck. I love it.

Damn right I am! Turning this -

nectarstadiumshot.ashx

Into this -

campusNight.ashx

And UEFA question it. So, let's see them question this shirt deal.

Give me Moura

DC the PR man for your Manchester needs.

Haha! I'm branching out! I wonder if United have any vacancies. I can be like Sam Fisher, a Double Agent. Or would that be a bad thing?

Clegg

They are questioning the shirt deal because Etihad have ties to Citys owners.

Its perfectly logical that UEFA would want to investigate the deal.

LegoArmo

United are the biggest sports team in the world, City are that other team from Manchester. It's like comparing Everton to Liverpool, but an even wider gap.

Clegg

We'll need to use that 70m up front payment to pay down the debt. The yearly installments could then conceivably be used to cover the interest payments while United use other revenues to pay down more of the debt.

This won't happen though. The Glazers will pocket it all for themselves.

Jensen

Damn right I am! Turning this -

And UEFA question it. So, let's see them question this shirt deal.
They are questioning the suspect sponsorship deals City are making to make those £100m+ operating losses irrelevant. Not sure why they should question United's...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hehehe what a brilliant deal.
2Fq1f.gif

There's nothing more to it if Chevy decided to give them that amount of money.

I was fully expecting us to pull something like this with the Jeep deal, but we didn't :(

MPW

Bias aside, probably my favourite person in football. Intelligent, well-spoken, good taste, respectful, beautiful to watch, mentally strong, calm and collected, and I wouldn't say no if he wanted to bum me.

He's like everything in that Owen brochure, only true

tumblr_lj2iank5361qcg2eco1_r1_500.gif

Bumhead

Banned
Dave Kitson has left Portsmouth, so now they only have two players left that they need to convince to leave by August 10th - Liam Lawrence and Tal Ben Haim.

Why they won't leave I don't know. Get some money, or send the club into liquidation and get nothing. It's not a difficult decision, surely.

To be fair, by all accounts Lawrence was one of the players generally co-operating with regards to concessions on his contract and trying to help the club. It was the likes of Kitson and Ben Haim - who is still commanding a £36k a week contract - who were holding the club to ransom, but thankfully Kitson has gone now.

Not sure why Lawrence is still there. You never really know what agents are trying to engineer. I'd have him at Hillsborough in a heartbeat if the wages were right but I suspect the fact he's not moved back to The Championship yet suggests they're not.

Carbonox

“I think I will stay here for another year. I don’t know what is happening.

“I haven’t spoken to anyone. I am very happy here, basically I want to stay another year. I will focus on FC Twente. Nobody knows anything about Newcastle United.

“I have not heard anything. The club haven’t either.”

- Douglas

Guess that deal won't be happening either (I know he would still stay until the end of the month but the whole thing has gone dead).

Shit even the Summer where we signed wanksters like Xisco was more productive than this window. Worst Newcastle window ever.

On more positive news, the new home NUFC shirt is available for preorder on the official site. Though it's priced ridiculously high for shirt standards. Will wait for Sports Direct.

Carbonox

Why isn't Sports Direct your official store?

You know, they really could incorporate Sports Direct in to the retail portion of NUFC's site. It would be so much better and more intuitive. The current store on NUFC.co.uk is like 90's level of horrible. Terrible design, navigation, the lot. Looks like a Geocities site.

Easier to do when your best is not good enough.

With Cazorla coming in we are in a much better position this season than last season regardless of when RVP goes.

Couple of signings and you're suddenly in the running for some actual silverware? Say it ain't so! The mighty Arsenal have returned!

Big change in attitude when from last month when you were so depressed that RVP was shipping off.

Lightning

Banned
Couple of signings and you're suddenly in the running for some actual silverware? Say it ain't so! The mighty Arsenal have returned!

Big change in attitude when from last month when you were so depressed that RVP was shipping off.
I never said that. I said we were in a better position than last season and I'm still kind of bummed that RVP's leaving but Wenger's actually signing proven talent this window so it's bringing about a lot of excitement. The biggest concern I had with RVP leaving is that we could do a Fabregas/Nasri where we never signed a replacement for them but with Podolski and Giroud that more than compensates for the loss of RVP and Cazorla provides creative spark and control.

Better position than last season. More improvement is required but we're heading in the right direction imo.

Labadal

Liverpool Football Club can today confirm that Alberto Aquilani has completed a permanent transfer to Serie A side Fiorentina.

The Italian midfielder joined Liverpool in 2009 but made just 28 first-team appearances having spent the last two seasons on loan in his homeland.

Everyone at the club would like to wish Alberto all the best for the future.

I lol'd. usually when someone leaves, there's a wall of text. Shows you what a great signing he was. (I'm sorry we stole a few years from your career. :( )

We really need to know what the hell we are doing when we sign players and not just panic buy.

dc89

Nothing better to do with my Friday night than listen to the ukulele orchestra of GB.

Also from the Gaming side, anyone else find the attributes of the poster with this game slightly disturbing?

FF0OVl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom