• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Like the away keeper shirt a lot. Sky blue crest looks fantastic.

Joe%20Hart%20Wolfsburg1.ashx

Saw some kid walking around in one today, looked nice. He had 'K.Hart' on the back, which I thought was strange.

£30 million on an unproven 19 year who plays in your most stacked position? Don't get your cocks out just yet boys.

Soi-Fong

If he's set to have a medical tomorrow, I guess we'll find out then.

Either Nani or Young would have to go. That is way too much competition in the wings.

It should be a given that at least for this season, if United sign RVP, that the ones guaranteed a 1st team spot is Vidic, Rooney and RVP and I'm thinking Kagawa as well just because of his proven record.

Still, that'd be some attack for United to have. Crazy stuff. I'll be happy if this ends up being the case. Get Sahin and UTD will be set.

I'm still concerned about defense though since I don't have complete trust in Evra, but who knows, Fergie might still see something in him.

Clegg

Saw some kid walking around in one today, looked nice. He had 'K.Hart' on the back, which I thought was strange.

£30 million on an unproven 19 year who plays in your most stacked position? Don't get your cocks out just yet boys.

Cocks come out for any player we sign for the senior team, regardless of his skill or quality.

And yet you'd get your cock out over the signing of a Swansea player for £15 million who happens to play in your most stacked position. Funny that.

Arnie

Yeah it seems like a huge risk.
And one that has a low ceiling in terms of pay off, even if this Moura kid turns out to be good, United already have Valencia and Nani in his position.
Cocks come out for any player we sign for the senior team, regardless of his skill or quality.
True, I suppose.
And yet you'd get your cock out over the signing of a Swansea player for £15 million who happens to play in your most stacked position. Funny that.
Our midfield isn't stacked with quality like your RM position though, although I'm sure you know that, you were just desperate to say something.

Our midfield's missed true quality for some years now, Henderson may come good, Lucas might return from injury the same player, but Allen's a top quality, technical player, and he's proven to be good in the style we're likely to play.

You're paying well, well, well over the odds for a Brazilian who's done little, if anything, of note and plays in the same position as Tony '7GOD' Valencia.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That 007 fella is saying Arsenal have accepted Manchester United's £20 million bid for RVP.

Then again, he's also saying Liverpool have enquired about the availability of Giovinco. :/ I don't think they need a Giovinco with Suarez around.

Unless........

dc89

I agree with Arnie. £30m if true is a insane amount of money for a 19 year old.

Whatever happened to 'there's no value in the market?'

Zabojnik

That 007 fella is saying Arsenal have accepted Manchester United's £20 million bid for RVP.

Then again, he's also saying Liverpool have enquired about the availability of Giovinco. :/ I don't think they need a Giovinco with Suarez around.

Unless........

It's done, Yurt. Let's concentrate on signing Damiao and Pazzini.

Soi-Fong

If Fergie sees something in Lucas and believe he can help him become the next Ronaldo, I'd say that''s value for money.

Also, what happened is City winning the title, and Ferguson's hunger for getting it back that much bigger.

I'm worried for United. If he flops you won't have monies to replace him.

Just worry about your Sheikh dc and that he doesn't abandon City.

Fry

Anyone should be excited if they signed Lucas Moura.

But not when you already have Valencia, Kagawa and Nani. He won't make much difference. It's good squad depth, I guess.

I count Nani, AV7 and Young as our outright wingers. Wouldn't be surprised if Moura leap-frogged Young in the pecking order this season even. There's plenty rotation for four.

I also take it as a positive sign that Kagawa will play in the hole, as it should be.

Soi-Fong

Anyone should be excited if they signed Lucas Moura.

But not when you already have Valencia, Kagawa and Nani. He won't make much difference. It's good squad depth, I guess.

With how many injuries we got last season, depth is something I'm pretty sure Ferguson is looking at.

Heh, football fans.

Fact is Moura is an exciting talent. We're going to be paying a lot of money for him it seems, but I'm okay with it, because he could be class and he could be a match winner.

It's a risk but we have to take risks, so i'd rather we take one then spend another £16m like we did on say Ashley Young for a player who will never be anything other than just "good".

If he was signing for your club, you'd be happy. That doesn't make criticising the transfer wrong, there's plenty to criticise...just not sure you can blame fans for being excited by it.

Now let's see if it actually happens :lol

What is insane though is we could be spending that type of money and still haven't looked at CM or LB. I'll take whatever we can get but seriously Fergie? Was at the Olympic Stadium tonight, Ennis is good at everything, sign her up.

Clegg

And one that has a low ceiling in terms of pay off, even if this Moura kid turns out to be good, United already have Valencia and Nani in his position.

If we sign Moura for £30m then I'd imagine its because SAF thinks he has the potential to be world class. He wouldn't sign him otherwise.

And I think Lucas is seen as a longterm investment. In 5 years time he'll only be 24. Nani and Valencia would be in their 30's. Its probably SAF trying to sort out the long term succession of players at United.

Now hopefully he'll come good if we sign him.

LegoArmo

What have United been playing in pre-season? A 4-1-3-1-1?

I'm assuming Kagawa and Lucas would be the options for the centre role. Nani and Valencia the wide roles, and Young both.

Signing both Lucas and Van Persie makes a little less sense.

Jensen

People still get fixated by transfer fees? FM has distorted how people think about transfers.

You have to consider the cost of the contract, low value contract plus large fee isn't a big deal.

K1LLER7

Fergie signing all these players, bails out in 2 years leaving Mourinho or Pep to sort out the squad he leaves behind. I like it.

No way is Moura playing a central position for United. He might prefer it and get carte blanche to play there for Sao Paulo, but there's a reason he stays on the wing for the national team. From what I've seen in the tournament, his passing game just isn't up to the standard required in that role. Maybe in a few seasons, but for now I could see him making the kind of splash Chicharito did as an impact player on the wing.

Soi-Fong

Mourinho or Pep? lol

It's going to be Steve Bruce.

Wouldn't be a surprise really. I'm pretty sure they'd love the challenge of taking over a team that's been managed by the same manager for over 2 decades.

Still.. Hard to see United and (insert manager here other than Ferguson).

Just doesn't feel and sound right. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom